Kate Hudson is an American actress, author and fashion designer. She rose to prominence for her performance in the film Almost Famous, for which she won a Golden Globe and was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. Hudson co-founded the fitness brand and membership program, Fabletics, operated by JustFab. In 2016, Hudson released her first book, Pretty Happy: Healthy Ways to Love Your Body and in 2017, she released her second book, Pretty Fun: Creating and Celebrating a Lifetime of Tradition.
Kate Garry Hudson
Actress, Author, Businesswoman
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kate Hudson was born on the 19th of April 1979, in Los Angeles, California, United States.
She is currently 44 years old.
In 1997, Hudson graduated from Crossroads School for Arts and Sciences, a college preparatory school in Santa Monica, California. She then went New York University for some time but chose to pursue an acting career instead of an undergraduate degree.
- Father – Bill Hudson (Actor, comedian, and musician)
- Mother – Goldie Hawn (Actress, director, producer, and occasional singer)
- Siblings – Oliver Hudson (Older Brother) (Actor), Wyatt Russell (Younger Half Brother), Zachary Hudson (Younger Half Brother), Boston Russell (Step Brother), Lalania Hudson (Younger Half Sister), Emily Hudson (Younger Half Sister)
- Relatives – Cindy Williams (Stepmother), Kurt Russell (Her mom Goldie’s longtime boyfriend)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kate Hudson has dated –
- Matt LeBlanc (1996) – In 1996, actors Hudson and Matt dated for some time.
- Chris Robinson (May 2000-October 2007) – The frontman of the American rock band “The Black Crowes”, Chris Robinson dated Hudson since May 2000. They first met in 1998 during a Halloween Party. After that, in 2000, they again met at a party. They soon got into a live-in relationship. They got married on December 31, 2000, in Aspen, Colorado. They lived in that house which was once owned by director James Whale. The couple has 1 child, born in January 2004, Ryder Russell Robinson (son). On August 14, 2006, Kate had announced publicly that she had separated from Chris. The divorce was filed on November 18, 2006, by Robinson and it was finalized on October 22, 2007.
- Owen Wilson (September 2006-June 2007) – They both met on the sets of the 2006 movie “You, Me and Dupree” and liked the company of each other so much that they dated for around 10 months. Kate had already left her husband Chris before starting dating Owen.
- Dax Shepard (July 2007-October 2007) – The 2 of these dated for a short time from July to October 2007. Dax Shepard is an American actor and comedian.
- Owen Wilson (February 2008-2009) – They were again seen getting comfortable at the Hollywood parties. This relationship was ON again, OFF again kind of relationship. They finally quit it in 2009.
- Lance Armstrong (May 2008-July 2008) – Former American professional road racing cyclist got a chance to date Kate Hudson around May 2008. But, soon this relationship came to an end. But, they are still considered good friends.
- Alex Rodriguez (May 2009-December 2009) – Baseball team, New York Yankees pro third baseman, A-Rod dated Hudson for a couple of months in 2009 before calling it quits in December.
- Matthew Bellamy (May 2010-December 2014) – Matt Bellamy, an English composer, musician, singer-songwriter, and Muse (band) frontman began dating Kate during the springtime of 2010. They got engaged in April 2011 and welcomed their first child – a boy, Bingham Hawn Bellamy on July 9, 2011. The couple called off their engagement on December 9, 2014.
- J. J. Watt (2016) – American football player, J. J. Watt and Kate Hudson dated for a short time in April 2016 as told by Fox News.
- Danny Fujikawa (2017-Present) – In March 2017, Hudson started dating a musician, Danny Fujikawa who is the co-founder of Lightwave Records. On October 2, 2018, the couple welcomed their first child, daughter Rani Rose. This was Kate’s third child.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 55 kg
- In Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 34-23-34
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 23 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Best Known For
Hudson role in 2000 movie Almost Famous for which she was nominated for 23 awards but won only 11 awards. After her role as Penny Lane in this movie, she rose to prominence.
In 1998, Kate had her first American comedy/drama film, Desert Blue for her role as Skye Davidson. However, she got into prominence after doing her 2000 film Almost Famous, for which she is best known.
In 1996, Hudson landed her first role in American teen drama TV series, Party of Five for her role as Cory. She appeared in the Episode no. 21 of Season 2, which was titled Spring Breaks: Part 1.
Kate Hudson Net worth
Kate Hudson has an estimated net worth of $80 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kate Hudson
- Hudson does not enjoy seeing herself on screen and says that she gets cold, trembles and sweats after seeing herself.
- She was just 3 years when her parents were divorced.
- In July 2006, she sued an American supermarket tabloid ‘National Enquirer’ for calling her as painfully thin.
- In 2009, Kate appeared in a musical film Nine alongside Daniel Day-Lewis, Marion Cotillard, Penélope Cruz, Nicole Kidman and Judi Dench.
- Hudson has 3 dogs – Clara (a Pomeranian), Doctor (an English bulldog), and Bella (a Neapolitan mastiff).
- American actress and model, Liv Tyler is her best friend.
- She was ranked no. 38 in VH1’s 100 Hottest Hotties.
- In 2012, Hudson was cast on the Fox teen comedy series Glee, in the recurring role of a dance teacher at the fictitious New York Academy of the Dramatic Arts.
- In 2016, Hudson released her first book, Pretty Happy: Healthy Ways to Love Your Body.
- In 2017, Kate released her second book, Pretty Fun: Creating and Celebrating a Lifetime of Tradition.