Lena Headey is an English actress. She is best known for her portrayal of Cersei Lannister on the HBO drama series Game of Thrones, for which she has received four Primetime Emmy Award nominations and a Golden Globe nomination. Headey made her film debut in Waterland and continued to work steadily in British and American films and on television, before finding fame with her lead performances in The Brothers Grimm and 300. Her other film credits include The Remains of the Day, The Jungle Book, Ripley’s Game, Dredd, The Purge and 300: Rise of an Empire.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Lena Headey was born on the 3rd of October 1973, in Hamilton, Bermuda.
She’s currently 49 years old.
Lena attended Shelley College in West Yorkshire in England.
- Father – John (Yorkshire police cadet)
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Tim (Younger Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lena Headey has dated –
- Jason Flemyng (1994-2003) – From 1994 to 2003, Jason and Lena had a long time dating relationship. They first met during the filming of the 1994 film Rudyard Kipling’s The Jungle Book. During this nine year long relationship, she also made a tattoo of his first name, that is, “Jason” in Thai.
- Johnny Cicco (2004-2007) – Lena met Johnny in 2004 during the filming of the 2005 movie The Brothers Grimm. They dated from that time until 2007. During this time, she was also secretly engaged to him for a short time. But, the relationship finally broke in 2007.
- Peter Loughran (2007-2012) – After separating from Johnny, Headey headed towards Irish singer, Peter Loughran. They married on May 19, 2007. But, this relationship also saw an end in 2011, that is, when the two separated. They had a son together, named, Wylie Loughran (b. March 31, 2010). She filed for divorce on July 20, 2012, in Los Angeles Superior Court.
- Pedro Pascal (2014) – Chilean-born American actor Pedro Pascal and Lena had a short-lived affair in 2014.
- Jerome Flynn (2014) – It was believed that co-stars Lena and Jerome had dated in 2014. It is also said that their relationship ended with such hatred that the two cannot even stand the sight of each other and had to be kept apart on the Game Of Thronesas well.
- In feet – 5 feet 5½ inches
- In centimeters – 166 cm
- In meters – 1.66 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 33-24-33
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Her recurring role as Cersei Lannister in the American fantasy drama TV series Game of Thrones since 2011. She is also known for her role as Queen Gorgo in the 2007 film 300.
In 1992, Lena played the role as Young Mary in the film Waterland. The film is based on the 1983 novel of the same name by Graham Swift.
In 1993, Headey guest appeared in BBC’s British television anthology drama series Screen Two for her role as Margaret in an episode titled The Clothes in the Wardrobe.
In 2017, Lena provided the voiceover for Mercedes A-Class television advertisement.
Lena Headey Favorites
Her favorites are unknown.
Lena Headey Net worth
Lena Headey has a estimated net worth of $12 million dollars as of 2023. She is now living a luxurious life having houses in London and Los Angeles. Her car collections include cars from brand Chrysler and Tesla.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – iamlenaheadey
- Twitter – Lena Headey
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lena Headey
- Lena had a tattoo on her arm saying “Jason” in Thai.
- She is friends with Australian actress Anna Torv and American actress Piper Perabo.
- At 15, she was diagnosed with clinical depression.
- Headey received her debut role in the 1992 movie Waterland when she was performing at the Royal National Theatre. She was noticed by a casting agent, who took her photo and she was asked to give an audition.
- In 2002, she appeared as a mousey Victorian lesbian artist with Gwyneth Paltrow and Aaron Eckhart in the mystery drama Possession, based on the 1990 novel of the same name by British author A. S. Byatt and as the wife of a law-abiding art framer dying of leukemia in the thriller Ripley’s Game, adapted from the 1974 novel of the same name.
- Lena ranked No. 64 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- In 2008, she spoke out against animal abuse in an advertisement for animal welfare group PETA.
- She was listed at No. 4, No. 10 and No. 3 in AfterEllen’s list of the Hot 100 in 2007, 2008 and 2009, respectively.
- She is good friends with actress Piper Perabo and Game of Thrones co-stars Pedro Pascal and Peter Dinklage.
- She has appeared on the covers of TV Guide, G3, Sunday Mirror and Germany’s Filmstar.
- Lena supports animal rights as well as LGBT rights.
- In 2016, Headey was cast in the horror film Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, alongside her former Game of Thrones co-star Charles Dance.
- In 2017, Headey gave voice-over for Mercedes A-Class television advertisement and Morgana in Trollhunters.