Penelope Cruz is a Spanish actress and model. Signed by an agent at the age of 15, she made her acting debut at 16 on television and her feature film debut the following year in Jamón Jamón. Penelope subsequent roles in the 1990s and 2000s included Belle Epoque, Open Your Eyes, The Hi-Lo Country, The Girl of Your Dreams and Woman on Top.
Penélope Cruz Sánchez
Madonna of Madrid, Pe
Birthday / Date of Birth
Penelope Cruz was born on the 28th of April 1974, in Alcobendas, Madrid, Spain.
She is currently 49 years old.
Penelope learned theater at Cristina Rota’s New York school for four years. She studied ballet dancing from this school for three years. She had also practiced ballet at Spain’s National Conservatory for nine years.
- Father – Eduardo Cruz (Retailer and auto mechanic)
- Mother – Encarna Sánchez (Hairdresser and personal manager)
- Siblings – Eduardo Cruz (Younger Brother) (Singer), Mónica Cruz (Younger Sister) (Actress)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Penelope Cruz has dated –
- Tom Cruise (2001-2004) – After appearing in the 2001 movie Vanilla Sky, the two stars started dating in June 2001. They split amicably in January 2004 after dating for roughly three years.
- Matthew McConaughey (2005-2006) – After starring together and romancing ON screen in 2005 movie Sahara, the actors took their romance OFF screen in February 2005. In June 2006, they split after citing the busy schedule as the reason.
- Javier Bardem (2007-Present) – Javier and Penelope started dating each other in November 2007. The two Spanish actors met on the set of 1992 movie Jamón, jamón and after about three years of dating, they married in July 2010 in a private ceremony in The Bahamas. Cruz gave birth to her first child, a son named Leonardo in January 2011 and then in July 2013, she gave birth to another child, named, Luna.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 62 kg
- In Pounds – 137 lbs
- Measurements – 35-27-36
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 27 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 34C
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Playing Italia in the 2004 movie Don’t Move, as Raimunda in the 2006 movie Volver as Maria Elena in the 2008 movie Vicky Cristina Barcelona.
In 1992, Cruz debuted with Spanish comedy / drama film Jamón, jamón (pronounced as Ham, Ham in English) for her role as Silvia.
In 1991, Penelope appeared in an episode of a TV series called Série rose for her role as Javotte. She was cast for the regular role as Donatella Versace in the FX true crime anthology TV series, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story.
Cruz has appeared in numerous TV commercials and print ads for Freixenet Cava, Ralph Lauren Glamourous, Lux Super Rich (Japan), Coca-Cola, The ONE Campaign, L’Oreal, Nespresso, New Super Mario Bros. 2, etc.
Penelope Cruz Net worth
Penelope Cruz has an estimated net worth of $85 million dollars as of 2023. In addition to acting, she makes a lot of money from endorsement deals. She earns around $2 million every year for her work with French cosmetics company L’Oreal.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – penelopecruzoficial
Some Lesser Known Facts About Penelope Cruz
- Penelope was named after the song “Penélope” by Joan Manuel Serrat.
- Cruz is good friends with actresses Goya Toledo and Salma Hayek.
- She founded Sabera Foundation, a non-government organisation (NGO). Together with Nacho Cano and other Spanish actors, they have set up a home, a school and a clinic for homeless girls and people suffering from tuberculosis in Calcutta.
- She can speak in three languages Spanish, Italian and English.
- She has practiced classical ballet for continuous nine years at Spain’s National Conservatory.
- Cruz is the only Spanish actress to win an Oscar for her role in the film Vicky Cristina Barcelona and have starred in two Oscar-winning Best Foreign Language Films.
- Her role-model is Meryl Streep.
- In April 2003, she filed a lawsuit against the Australian magazine New Idea for defamation concerning an article about her relationship with Cruise.
- In 2010, she was chosen as Lancome’s third spokesmodel after Julia Roberts and Kate Winslet.
- Penelope also appeared in PETA’s anti-fur campaign in 2012.
- In 2013, Cruz was named the Hottest Celebrity Body of the year by Fitness Magazine.
- In 2014, she was named as the Esquire’s Sexiest Woman Alive.
- She receives $2 million a year for his work with French cosmetics company L’Oreal.
- Cruz owns a clothing store in Madrid and designed jewelry and handbags with her younger sister for a company in Japan.
- In 2018, Cruz made her television debut by co-starring in the role of Donatella Versace in the second season of the FX anthology series American Crime Story entitled The Assassination of Gianni Versace.