Salma Hayek is a Mexican and American film actress, producer and former model. She began her career in Mexico starring in the telenovela Teresa and starred in the film El Callejón de los Milagros for which she was nominated for an Ariel Award. She won a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Directing in a Children/Youth/Family Special in 2004 for The Maldonado Miracle and received an Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series in 2007 after guest starring in the ABC television comedy drama Ugly Betty.
Salma Valgarma Hayek Jiménez
Salma Hayek Jiménez de Pinault, Salma Hayek
Actress, Producer, Former Model
Birthday / Date of Birth
Salma Hayek was born on September 2, 1966 in Coatzacoalcos, Veracruz, Mexico.
She is currently 52 years old.
Her father is of Lebanese descent while her mother is of Spanish descent.
Salma Hayek attended the Academy of the Sacred Heart in Grand Coteau, Louisiana, at the age of twelve. While there, she was diagnosed with dyslexia. She also went Ramtha’s School of Enlightenment. She attended University in Mexico City, where she studied International Relations at the Universidad Iberoamericana (In English – Ibero-American University).
- Father – Sami Hayek (Oil company executive who once ran for mayor of Coatzacoalcos)
- Mother – Diana Jiménez Medina (Opera singer and talent scout)
- Siblings – Sami Hayek Jr (Designer)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Salma Hayek has dated –
- Edward Atterton (1997-1999) – English actor, Edward was reported to be dating this Mexican actress. (as reported by Celebuzz).
- Ben Affleck (1999) – After filming “Dogma” together in 1999, it was reported that the two are dating each other but no official confirmation came. He also looked odd with Salma due to the height difference of more than a foot.
- Edward Norton (1999-2003) – This cute couple dated from 1999 to 2003.
- Josh Lucas (2003-2004) – Josh Lucas dated for almost a year from August 2003 to July 2004. They were frequently spotted many times in Hollywood.
- François-Henri Pinault (2007-Present) – Salma Hayek announced her engagement with French billionaire and PPR CEO François-Henri Pinault on March 9, 2007. She also announced on the same day that she was expecting her first child. They split on July 18, 2008, for some time but reconciled soon. So, there was an ON-OFF kind of relationship. Salma Hayek gave birth to daughter Valentina Paloma Pinault at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California on September 21, 2007. They married on Valentine’s Day, 2009 in Paris. On April 25, 2009, they were married a second time in Venice, Italy.
- In feet – 5 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 157 cm
- In meters – 1.57 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 39-24-36
- Bust – 39 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 36C
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 10 (US).
Her work in Frida (2002), Desperado (1995), Ugly Betty (2006-2007).
In 1993, American drama film Mi Vida Loca (also known as My Crazy Life) for her role as Gata. She was not in a lead role in this movie.
In 1988, TV show Un Nuevo Amanecer. She performed in this Spanish-language telenovela.
Salma has endorsed Avon, Burger King (2012), Coca Cola (2004), Coors (1999), Revlon (1997).
Salma Hayek Favorites
- Favorite Food – She (Mexican) Loves Eating Bugs
- Favorite Color – Purple, Red, Blue
- Favorite Car Color – Silver
- Favorite Lipstick Shade – Plum
- Favorite Eyeshadow Shades – Browns, Aubergine
- Favorite Shoe Color – Black
Salma Hayek Net worth
Salma Hayek is hollywood’s richest woman with an estimated net worth of $85 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Salma Hayek
- Salma’s first name is in Arabic language, which means “Safe” in English.
- She also suffered from dyslexia and was treated at an early age.
- She wears mostly Prada or Giorgio Armani.
- She is from wealthy Mexican family.
- She is good friends with Ashley Judd and Penelope Cruz.
- In 2003, Hayek produced and directed The Maldonado Miracle, a Showtime movie based on the book of the same name, winning her a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Directing in a Children/Youth/Family Special.
- She was the member of the jury in Cannes Film Festival 2005.
- In April 2007, Hayek finalized negotiations with MGM to become the CEO of her own Latin-themed film production company, Ventanarosa.
- In July 2007, The Hollywood Reporter ranked Hayek fourth in their inaugural Latino Power 50, a list of the most powerful members of the Hollywood Latino community.
- In 2008, Hayek co-founded Juice Generation’s juice delivery program Cooler Cleanse.
- Salma Hayek is godmother to Robert Rodriguez’s children.
- In 2010 Hayek’s humanitarian work earned her a nomination for the VH1 Do Something Awards.
- In 2011, Hayek launched her own line of cosmetics, skincare and haircare products called Nuance by Salma Hayek, to be sold at CVS stores in North America.
- In 2013, Hayek launched with Beyoncé and Frida Giannini a Gucci campaign, “Chime for Change”, that aims to spread female empowerment.
- In December 13, 2017, Hayek published an op-ed in The New York Times stating that she had been harassed and abused by Harvey Weinstein during the production of Frida.