Ashley Judd is an American actress and political activist. She grew up in a family of successful performing artists. She is the daughter of country music singer Naomi Judd and the sister of Wynonna Judd. While she is best known for an ongoing acting career spanning more than two decades, she has increasingly become involved in global humanitarian efforts and political activism. She is a well-known Kentucky Wildcats men’s basketball fan being present at most games.
Ashley Tyler Ciminella
Ash, Sweet Pea, Ashley Judd
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ashley Judd was born on April 19, 1968 in Granada Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States.
She is currently 50 years old.
Tennessee, Nashville, United States
Ashley studied in 13 different schools including the Sayre School in Lexington, Kentucky, the Paul G. Blazer High School in Ashland, Kentucky and the Franklin High School in Tennessee. Ashley graduated from the UK Honors Program and was nominated to Phi Beta Kappa, but she did not graduate with her class. In her commitment to join the Peace Corps, she studied with Robert Carnegie at Playhouse West in Hollywood after college.
On May 9, 2007, Ashley completed her Bachelor’s degree in French from the University of Kentucky. On May 9, 2009, the actress was awarded the Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters from Union College in Barbourville, Kentucky.
In 2010, she got a one-year mid-career Master’s degree in Public Administration from Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Ashley has also been a Ph.D. student at the Richard and Rhoda Goldman School of Public Policy at University of California at Berkeley.
- Father – Michael Charles Ciminella (Marketing Consultant for the horse racing industry)
- Mother – Naomi Judd (Singer, Songwriter)
- Siblings – Wynonna Judd (Older Sister) (Singer)
- Others – Elijah Judd (Nephew), Grace Pauline Kelley (Niece), Charles Glen Judd (Maternal Grandfather), Pauline Judd (Maternal Grandmother), Pop Wesley (Great Grandfather)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ashley Judd has dated –
- David Duchovny – Ashley Judd was RUMORed to be dating actor David Duchovny in the early 90s.
- Brady Anderson – It was RUMORed that Ashley was in a relationship with former Baltimore Orioles Center Fielder Brady Anderson.
- Lyle Lovett (1991-1992) – Ashley was in a relationship with country singer-songwriter and actor, Lyle Lovett in the early 1990s.
- Jon Stewart (1992) – She was RUMORed to be dating actor and comedian Jon Stewart in 1992.
- Robert De Niro (1995) – Ashley was RUMORed to be dating actor, producer, and director, Robert De Niro in 1995.
- Michael English (1995) – Ashley was in a relationship with Christian singer Michael English for a short while in 1995.
- Matthew McConaughey (1996) – She dated briefly with actor Matthew McConaughey in 1996 after working together in a movie.
- Josh Charles (1996) – The actors Josh Charles and Ashley were an item in 1996.
- Michael Bolton (1996-1997) – She had a romantic liaison with singer-songwriter Michael Bolton until 1997.
- Dario Franchitti (1999-2013) – Ashley started dating retired British car racer Dario Franchitti in 1999 and the two got engaged in December 1999. In December 2001, they tied the knot in Skibo Castle in Scotland. In 2013, they got divorced.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 62 kg
- In Pounds – 137 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Well-known for her roles in films like Norma Jean & Marilyn (1996), Kiss the Girls (1997), Double Jeopardy (1999), Divergent (2014) and Insurgent (2015). Though she was cast in about half a dozen of TV series, she is acclaimed for her work in the television show Missing as Becca Winstone.
She made her film debut in 1992 with action comedy film Kuffs as the wife of the paint store owner.
In 1991, Ashley Judd landed in an episode of the American science friction TV series
Star Trek: The Next Generation as Ensign Robin Lefler. This was her first role in a television show.
Judd has appeared in a lot of TV commercial including Honda Life (Japan), Kentucky Children’s Health Insurance Program, Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund, Organ Donation program in Kentucky, Copper Fit Gripper Socks, to name a few.
Awards & Nominations
|1993||Chicago Film Critics Association Award||Most Promising Actress||
Ruby in Paradise
|Independent Spirit Award||Best Lead Female||Won|
|National Society of Film Critics Award||Best Actress||Nominated|
|New York Film Critics Circle Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|1995||Golden Globe Award||Best Actress – Miniseries or Television Film||
Norma Jean & Marilyn
|1996||Primetime Emmy Award||Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie||Nominated|
|1998||Blockbuster Entertainment Award||Favorite Actress – Video||
Kiss the Girls
|Favorite Actress – Suspense||Nominated|
|Satellite Award||Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture||Nominated|
|2000||Blockbuster Entertainment Award||Favorite Actress – Suspense||
|MTV Movie Award||Best Female Performance||Nominated|
|2004||Golden Globe Award||Best Actress – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy||
|2007||Saturn Award||Best Actress||
|2012||Primetime Emmy Award||Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie||
Ashley Judd Favorites
- Favorite Sports Team – Kentucky Wildcats Men’s Basketball Team
- Favorite Ice Cream – Graeter’s Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip
- Favorite Store – Anthropologie
- Favorite Website – Cornell Ornithology
- Favorite Cookies – Felix the Cook Cookies
Ashley Judd Net Worth
Ashley Judd has a net worth of $23 million dollars as of 2019. She was one of the highest paid actresses during her time. She has appeared in a number of films, TV shows and advertisements that add a great deal of value to her net worth. Ashley currently resides in Tennessee.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ashley Judd
- Ashley is named after a Kentucky town called Ashland, which is an eighth-generation Kentuckian.
- While at the University of Kentucky, she worked for the student-run radio station WRFL as a DJ along with Matt Dacey.
- Ashley was a hostess at The Ivy Restaurant and lived in a rental house in Malibu.
- She had a brief stint in modeling before becoming an actress.
- Judd was offered a main role in Kuffs (1992), but she turned down because she was asked to do nude scenes. To which she responded, “My mother worked too hard for me to take my clothes off in my first movie.”
- She was included in People Magazine’s list of “The 50 Most Beautiful People in the World” in 1996, 2000 and 2002.
- She is a huge fan of the University of Kentucky Wildcats basketball team and attends most of the matches.
- Judd is very proficient in French.
- In 1999, the People Magazine ranked her among the 25 Most Intriguing People.
- In 2002, FHM ranked Ashley Judd at #20 among the Sexiest Women in the World and in 2006, she was ranked at #77 on the list.
- In February 2006, she went to rehab for 47 days at Shades of Hope Treatment Center in Buffalo Gap, Texas to get treated for insomnia, depression and codependency.
- In 2011, Ashley became a part of the International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) Leadership Council.
- Her first screen kiss was with Wil Wheaton on Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987).
- Judd published her memoir titled All That is Bitter and Sweet in April 2011, which elaborates her journey from childhood and into her adulthood.
- In 2015, Judd set the record of becoming the first woman to narrate the inauguration of the Kentucky Derby telecast.
- Judd took part in the 2017 Women’s March. She performed a poem written by Nashville-area poet Nina Donovan, “Nasty Woman”, to applause from the crowd.
- She is an ambassador for YouthAIDS, a prevention program under Population Services International.
- Ashley Judd is good friends with Joey Lauren and Salma Hayek.
- In January 2019, a federal judge in California dismissed Judd’s claim of sexual harassment against Weinstein. The judge allowed Judd to pursue her defamation claim that Weinstein sabotaged her career.
- Visit her official website @ ashleyjudd.com.