Ashley Judd is an American actress and political activist. She grew up in a family of successful performing artists. She is the daughter of country music singer Naomi Judd and the sister of Wynonna Judd. While she is best known for an ongoing acting career spanning more than two decades, she has increasingly become involved in global humanitarian efforts and political activism. She is a well-known Kentucky Wildcats men’s basketball fan being present at most games.
Ashley Tyler Ciminella
Ash, Sweet Pea, Ashley Judd
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ashley Judd was born on the 19th of April 1968, in Granada Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States.
She is currently 54 years old.
In May 2007, Judd completed a BA degree at the University of Kentucky. She was awarded an Honorary DHL degree from Union College in Barbourville, Kentucky, on May 9, 2009.
In 2010, Ashley returned to post-grad studies, earning a mid-career MPA degree (MC/MPA) from the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
In August 2016, Judd enrolled at UC Berkeley to pursue a PhD in Public Policy at the Goldman School of Public Policy. She took a medical leave of absence two months later because she was suffering from siege migraines.
- Father – Michael Charles Ciminella (Marketing Consultant for the horse racing industry)
- Mother – Naomi Judd (Singer, Songwriter)
- Siblings – Wynonna Judd (Older Sister) (Singer)
- Relatives – Elijah Judd (Nephew), Grace Pauline Kelley (Niece), Charles Glen Judd (Maternal Grandfather), Pauline Judd (Maternal Grandmother), Pop Wesley (Great Grandfather)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ashley Judd has dated –
- Lyle Lovett (1991-1992) – In 1990, Ashley was in a relationship with country singer-songwriter and actor, Lyle Lovett.
- Michael English (1995) – In 1995, Judd was in a relationship with Christian singer Michael English for a short while.
- Matthew McConaughey (1996) – In 1996, Ashley dated briefly with actor Matthew McConaughey after working together in a movie.
- Michael Bolton (1996-1997) – In 1996, Judd had a romantic liaison with singer-songwriter Michael Bolton until 1997.
- Dario Franchitti (1999-2013) – In 1999, Ashley started dating retired British car racer Dario Franchitti and the two got engaged in December 1999. In December 2001, they tied the knot in Skibo Castle in Scotland. In 2013, they got divorced.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 62 kg
- In Pounds – 137 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Ashley known for her roles in films like Norma Jean & Marilyn (1996), Kiss the Girls (1997), Double Jeopardy (1999), Divergent (2014) and Insurgent (2015). Though, she was cast in about half a dozen of TV series, she is acclaimed for her work in the television show Missing as Becca Winstone.
In 1992, Judd made her film debut with action comedy film Kuffs as the wife of the paint store owner.
In 1991, Ashley landed in an episode of the American science friction TV series Star Trek: The Next Generation as Ensign Robin Lefler.
Judd has appeared in a lot of TV commercial including Honda Life (Japan), Kentucky Children’s Health Insurance Program, Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund, Organ Donation program in Kentucky, Copper Fit Gripper Socks, to name a few.
Ashley Judd Net Worth
Ashley Judd has estimated net worth of $14 million dollars as of 2023. She has appeared in a number of films, TV shows and advertisements that add a great deal of value to her net worth.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ashley Judd
- Ashley is named after a Kentucky town called Ashland, which is an eighth-generation Kentuckian.
- While at the University of Kentucky, she worked for the student-run radio station WRFL as a DJ along with Matt Dacey.
- Ashley was a hostess at The Ivy Restaurant and lived in a rental house in Malibu.
- She had a brief stint in modeling before becoming an actress.
- Judd follows sports at her alma mater, and has attended many University of Kentucky basketball games.
- In 1996, 2000 and 2002, Ashley was included in People Magazine’s list of The 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.
- She is a huge fan of the University of Kentucky Wildcats basketball team and attends most of the matches.
- Judd is very proficient in French.
- In 1999, the People Magazine ranked her among the 25 Most Intriguing People.
- In 2002, FHM ranked Ashley Judd at #20 among the Sexiest Women in the World and in 2006, she was ranked at #77 on the list.
- In February 2006, she went to rehab for 47 days at Shades of Hope Treatment Center in Buffalo Gap, Texas to get treated for insomnia, depression and codependency.
- In 2008, Judd supported Barack Obama’s presidential campaign.
- In 2009, she appeared in a one-minute video advertisement for the Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund, in which Judd condemned Alaska governor Sarah Palin for supporting aerial wolf hunting.
- In 2011, Ashley became a part of the International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) Leadership Council.
- In April 2011, Judd published her memoir titled All That is Bitter and Sweet, which elaborates her journey from childhood and into her adulthood.
- In 2015, Judd set the record of becoming the first woman to narrate the inauguration of the Kentucky Derby telecast.
- In October 2015, Judd told Variety that she had been sexually harassed by a studio mogul but did not name the person.
- On July 26, 2016, Judd attended a Creative Coalition luncheon in support of DC Statehood that took place during the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia.
- In October 2017, she said the person was Harvey Weinstein, co-founder of Miramax, and said that the sexual harassment occurred during the filming of Kiss the Girls.
- She is an ambassador for YouthAIDS, a prevention program under Population Services International.
- Ashley Judd is good friends with Joey Lauren and Salma Hayek.
- In January 2020, Judd endorsed Democratic Senator Elizabeth Warren in her run for the presidency.