Demi Moore is an American actress, former songwriter and model. Moore dropped out of high school at age 16 to pursue an acting career and appeared in the men’s magazine Oui in 1981. After making her film debut later that year, she appeared on the soap opera General Hospital and subsequently gained recognition for her roles in Blame It on Rio and St. Elmo’s Fire.
Demi Gene Guynes
Actress, Model, Songwriter, Film Producer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Demi Moore was born on 11 November 1962, in Roswell, New Mexico, United States.
She is currently 56 years old.
She is of English and Scottish descent.
Demi attended Fairfax High School in Los Angeles. She left studies at her junior year to pursue a career in theater and acting.
- Father – Charles Harmon, Sr (Air Force airman)
- Mother – Virginia (née King) (Died of cancer at 54)
- Siblings – Morgan Guynes (Younger Brother) (Special Effects Technician), James Craig Harmon (Paternal Younger Half-Brother), Charlotte Harmon Eggar (Paternal Younger Half-Sister), Charles Harmon Jr. (Paternal Younger Half-Brother)
- As an actress, she is signed with Untitled Entertainment.
- As a model, she had signed with Elite Modeling Agency.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Demi Moore dated –
- Freddy Moore (1979-1984) – In August 1979, she met musician Freddy Moore and started dating him. They liked each other’s company and got married in February 1980. The relationship was ON for more than 4 years, but they split in September 1984. Demi filed for divorce, which was finalized in August 1985.
- John Stamos (1982) – She was Rumored to have had a fling with actor John Stamos in 1982.
- Timothy Hutton (1983) – In 1983, Demi was Rumored to have had a fling with actor Timothy Hutton.
- Pedro Aguinaga (1984) – In 1984, she had a fling with Brazilian socialite, Pedro Aguinaga.
- Jon Cryer (1984) – In 1984, the actors Demi and Jon Cryer dated for some time after working together in the film No Small Affair.
- Emilio Estevez (1984-1987) – In October 1984, Demi started dating actor Emilio Estevez. They got engaged in 1985 but split in January 1987. They had an ON again OFF again relationship during the complete period.
- Dweezil Zappa (1987) – Rock guitarist and occasional actor, Dweezil Zappa and Demi Moore were romantically linked to each other in 1987.
- Bruce Willis (1987-1998) – In August 1987, she commenced dating actor Bruce Willis (who is 7 years older than her) after meeting at the premiere of 1987 film “Stakeout.” They got married three months later on November 21, 1987. This was Demi’s second marriage. She and Bruce have three daughters together, Rumer Willis (b. August 16, 1988), Scout (b. 1991), and Tallulah (b. 1994). They spent more than 10 years together before splitting on June 24, 1998. The couple filed for divorce on October 18, 2000.
- Leonardo DiCaprio (1997) – She had a fling with Titanic actor Leonardo DiCaprio in 1997. There is a 12 years of age gap between these two with Leonardo being younger.
- Brad Pitt (1998) – She was Rumored to be dating actor Brad Pitt in 1998.
- Oliver Whitcomb (1999-2003) – Demi dated martial arts instructor, Oliver Whitcomb for 4 years from 1999 to January 2003. Oliver is 7 years younger than Demi.
- Anthony Kiedis (2002) – In 2002, she was Rumored to be dating singer, Anthony Kiedis.
- Guy Oseary (2002) – In 2002, Moore was linked with Israeli production manager, Guy Oseary.
- Owen Wilson (2002) – In 2002, she was also Rumored to be dating actor, Owen Wilson.
- Tobey Maguire (2002) – 13 years her junior, actor Tobey Maguire was also Rumored to be dating Moore in 2002.
- Ashton Kutcher (2003-2013) – In March 2003, she started dating about 16 years her junior, actor Ashton Kutcher. After more than two years of dating, the couple married on September 24, 2005. But, this relationship also saw an end when they split in November 2011. After a year, Ashton filed for divorce in December 2012, which was finalized on November 27, 2013.
- Thomas Jane (2012) – In the summer of 2012, she was Rumored to have had a fling with the actor, Thomas Jane.
- Alex Rodríguez (2012) – American baseball player, Alex Rodríguez (aka A-Rod) was RUMORed to have had a fling with Demi Moore in July 2012.
- Martin Henderson (2012) – Again in July 2012, Demi was Rumored to have had a fling with New Zealand actor, Martin Henderson.
- Vito Schnabel (2012) – Later, in the year 2012, she was seen romancing with independent curator and art dealer, Vito Schnabel.
- Terry Richardson (2012) – She was Rumored to be romancing with photographer Terry Richardson in December 2012.
- Harry Morton (2013) – In 2013, Demi Moore was linked with restaurateur, Harry Morton.
- Sean Friday (2013-Present) – In October 2013, she started dating musician Sean Friday. They are still seeing each other.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 37-25-36
- Bust – 37 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 34C
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Demi made her acting debut with 1981 film Choices, in which she played the role of Corri. Her notable include Blame It on Rio (1984), St. Elmo’s Fire (1985), About Last Night… (1986), Ghost (1990), A Few Good Men (1992), Indecent Proposal (1993), Disclosure (1994), among others.
She first appeared in the medical drama series General Hospital as Jackie Templeton from 1982 to 1983.
Moore has been affiliated with several brands and products throughout her career, including Diet Coke, Seibu Department Stores (Japan), Lux hairspray (Japan), Lux soap, L’Oreal, Jog Mate protein jelly (Japan), Oriflame perfumes and many others.
- Sparkling green eyes
- Raspy voice
Awards & Nominations
|1991||Ghost||Golden Globe Award||Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical||Nominated|
|Saturn Award||Best Actress||Won|
|1992||The Butcher’s Wife
Nothing But Trouble
|Golden Raspberry Award||Worst Actress||Nominated|
|1993||A Few Good Men||MTV Movie + TV Award||Best Female Performance||Nominated|
|People’s Choice Award||Favorite Motion Picture Actress||Nominated|
|Favorite Dramatic Motion Picture Actress||Won|
|Indecent Proposal||The Stinkers Bad Movie Award||Worst Actress||Nominated|
|1994||Golden Raspberry Award||Worst Actress||Nominated|
|MTV Movie + TV Award||Best Female Performance||Nominated|
|Most Desirable Female||Nominated|
|1995||Disclosure||Most Desirable Female||Nominated|
|N/A||ShoWest Convention Award||Female Star of the Year||Won|
|The Scarlet Letter||The Stinkers Bad Movie Award||Worst Actress||Nominated|
|1996||The Hunchback of Notre Dame||Annie Award||Best Individual Achievement – Voice Acting||Nominated|
|The Scarlet Letter||Golden Raspberry Award||Worst Actress||Nominated|
|Worst Screen Couple||Nominated|
|MTV Movie + TV Award||Most Desirable Female||Nominated|
|People’s Choice Award||Favorite Dramatic Motion Picture Actress||Won|
|The Stinkers Bad Movie Award||Worst Actress||Nominated|
|1997||If These Walls Could Talk||Golden Globe Award||Best Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television||Nominated|
|Golden Raspberry Award||Worst Actress||Won|
|Striptease||Worst Screen Couple||Won|
|If These Walls Could Talk||Primetime Emmy Award||Outstanding Made for Television Movie||Nominated|
|Striptease||Yoga Award||Worst Foreign Actress||Won|
|1998||G.I. Jane||Golden Raspberry Award||Worst Actress||Won|
|MTV Movie + TV Award||Best Fight||Nominated|
|2001||Passion of Mind||Golden Raspberry Award||Worst Actress||Nominated|
|2003||The Hunchback of Notre Dame||DVD Exclusive Award||Best Animated Character Performance||Nominated|
|2004||Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle||Golden Raspberry Award||Worst Supporting Actress||Won|
|MTV Movie + TV Award||Best Villain||Nominated|
|MTV Movie Award Mexico||Sexiest She-Villain||Won|
|2006||Bobby||Hollywood Film Festival Award||Ensemble of the Year||Won|
|2007||Critics Choice Movie Award||Best Acting Ensemble||Nominated|
|Screen Actors Guild Award||Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture||Nominated|
|2011||Margin Call||Gotham Award||Best Ensemble Performance||Nominated|
|Phoenix Film Critics Society Award||Best Ensemble Acting||Nominated|
|2012||Central Ohio Film Critics Association Award||Best Ensemble||Nominated|
|Five||Directors Guild Award||Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Movies for Television/Miniseries||Nominated|
|Margin Call||Independent Spirit Award||Ensemble Cast||Won|
Demi Moore Favorites
- Favorite Doll – Gene Marshall Fashion Doll
- Favorite TV Show – Jersey Shore (2009-2012)
Demi Moore Net worth
Demi Moore has an estimated net worth of $175 million dollars as of 2019. Her earnings include film and television appearances, high-profile brand endorsements, modelling and other business endeavors. Being the highest paid actresses in the industry, she was also included in Guinness Book of World Records. She lives in a 5,000 square feet Beverley Hills mansion. She owns a Mercedes Benz S500 Sedan, the hybrid Toyota Prius and 2012 Lexus LS 600H.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Demi Moore
- Moore had a very disturbed childhood, her father left her mother even before she was born. They have been together for only two months.
- At the age of 15, she moved to West Hollywood, where she attended the high school.
- Before modelling, she did various odd jobs, including one as a pin-up girl and at a debt collection agency.
- She is a follower of Philip Berg’s Kabbalah Centre religion
- In 1990, she won Saturn Award for the category of ‘Best Actress’ for the film, ‘Ghost’.
- Moore was an investor in the Planet Hollywood chain of theme restaurants, along with Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and former husband Bruce Willis
- She had appeared nude on the cover of Vanity Fair twice in 1991 and 1992.
- As per NY Times, she is the world’s most high-profile doll collector, who has more than 2000 dolls. She had to place all of them in a dedicated house.
- At 16, Demi stepped out from her family’s home.
- Demi was born when her mom was 18.
- After dropping out of high school, Moore shifted to Europe to work as a pin-up model.
- When she was staying in Europe, German actress Nastassja Kinski was her next-door neighbor.
- She is one of the celebrity investors in the Planet Hollywood chain of restaurants.
- In 2009, she opened a NGO called “The Demi and Ashton Foundation (DNA)” to fight child sexual slavery.