Teddy Geiger also known as teddy<3, is an American musician, singer-songwriter and record producer. She was originally signed to Columbia Records as an artist, and now focuses on writing and production for other artists. She has written songs for artists including Shawn Mendes, One Direction, Tiesto, Empire of the Sun, James Blunt, Birdy and DJ Snake. Geiger’s compositions and productions have sold over 30 million units worldwide and include “Stitches”, which won the 2017 BMI Song of the Year award, as well as Mendes’ other singles “Treat You Better”, “Mercy”, “There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back”, “In My Blood” and “Lost in Japan”.
John Theodore Geiger II
Alternative Rock, Pop Rock
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Bass, Drums
- Columbia Records (2005–2008)
Birthday / Date of Birth
Teffy Geiger was born on September 16, 1988, Rochester, New York, United States.
Teffy Geiger is currently 30 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Teddy went to McQuaid Jesuit High School till her junior year. She later graduated from Pittsford Sutherland High School.
Musician, Singer-Songwriter, Record Producer
- Father – John Geiger
- Mother – Lorilyn Geiger
- Siblings – Rachel Geiger (Younger Sister)
Teddy is represented by Ollie of Spark Music Group.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
She was born a male but she converted to female.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Teddy has dated –
- Emma Stone (2007-2009) – Actress Emma Stone started dating Teddy in 2007. The couple was spotted together on quite a few occasions. The couple broke up in 2009.
- Madi Diaz – As per her past Instagram posts, Teddy seemed to have been in a relationship with American singer-songwriter and musician Madi Diaz. The couple posted pictures with each other regularly, however, it slowed down since the time Teddy revealed her transitioning process. The two never confirmed their relationship.
- Emily Hampshire (2018-Present) – Teddy made her relationship with Schitt’s Creek star Emily Hampshire public through her Instagram in September 2018, as she posted a picture of Emily with a loving caption, calling Emily her dream. They were first spotted together when Emily posted a picture on her Instagram in August 2018, just hanging out at a photo booth. Emily has been supportive of Teddy’s transition and has publicly accepted their relationship as well.
- Her album Underage Thinking which peaked on number 8 on US Billboard chart
- Transitioning from a male to female
Teddy’s first album was Underage Thinking, which released on March 21, 2006. The album was positively received and it peaked at number 8 on US Billboard charts.
Teddy made her theatrical film debut in the American comedy film The Rocker as Curtis in 2008.
First TV Show
Teddy made her first TV show appearance on the reality TV show In Search of the Partridge Family in 2004.
Teddy has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
- Short hair with bangs
- Beauty mark on the left cheek
Teddy Geiger Net Worth
Teddy Geiger is an american singer and songwriter who has a net worth of $3 million dollars.
Teddy Geiger Favorite
- Favorite Film – Rushmore (1998)
- Favorite Book – Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
Some Lesser Known Facts About Teddy Geiger
- She started playing guitar when she was just 8 years old.
- Teddy first gained popularity in 2004 when she became a finalist on the VH1’s reality series In Search of the Partridge Family.
- In 2005, she opened for Hilary Duff‘s summer Still Most Wanted tour.
- Her first single For You I Will (Confidence) got positive reviews from fans and critics who called it “sweetly romantic” and that it contained “sophisticated lyrics”. It was also nominated at the Teen Choice Awards in 2006 for the “Best Love Song” category.
- Her debut album, Underage Thinking was the “Best Album of the Year” at the MusiqTonemusic awards in 2006.
- She was also featured on the cover of Seventeen magazine in 2006.
- Teddy was the co-writer of the famous song Stitches by Shawn Mendes from his debut album, Handwritten.
- On October 27, 2017, Teddy announced the news of her transition via Instagram after a fan questioned her why she looked different. She started her transition in early October.
- In an interview with People magazine, she said that she wanted to be a girl since she was 5 years old.
- It was reported by Page Six that Teddy began her hormone replacement therapy in November 2017.
- In an interview, she said that she prefers feminine pronouns but would keep her present name Teddy even after the transition.
- She made her first appearance as a trans woman in 2018 at BMI Pop Awards where she was awarded for co-writing Shawn Mendes’s hits Mercy and There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back.
- She has also penned down songs for famous artists such as Shawn Mendes, One Direction, Tiesto, Empire of the Sun, James Blunt, Birdy, and DJ Snake.
- Visit her official website @ teddyxo.com.