John Cho is a Korean American actor known for his roles as Harold Lee in the Harold & Kumar films, John (MILF Guy No. 2), who popularized the term “MILF” in the American Pie films and Hikaru Sulu in the Star Trek reboot film series. John also appeared in APIA Vote TV commercial with George Takei for the 2016 US Election. He is in a band called Viva La Union.
Cho Yo Han
Indie, Alternative, Rock
South Korean, American
Birthday / Date of Birth
John Cho was born on the 16th of June 1972, in Seoul, South Korea.
He is currently 50 years old.
He has Korean ancestry.
Cho attended Herbert Hoover High School in Glendale, California and graduated in 1990. In 1996, he graduated with a BA degree in English from the University of California, Berkeley.
- Father – He was a Minister in the Church of Christ.
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
John Cho has dated –
- Kerri Higuchi – In 2006, Cho married actress and director Kerri Higuchi in Northern California. John met Kerri while studying at UC Berkeley. However, they started dating much later after moving to Los Angeles. They are happily married and have 2 children – a son named Kage (b. 2008) and a daughter (b. 2013).
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters -1.78 m
- In Kilograms – 70 kg
- In Pounds – 154 lbs
Cho is immensely popular for popularizing the slang term “MILF” in the American Pie movie series. He met with critical acclaim for his starring roles as Harold Lee in the Harold & Kumar films series, Hikaru Sulu in the Star Trek film series, Steve Choe in Better Luck Tomorrow, Joey in Yellow, Bob McClane in Total Recall, and Peter in The Oath.
In 2004, John Cho started his acting career by appearing in small roles until he got his break with the movie Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle. His first acting role was as Aide #3 in the 1997 black comedy film, Wag the Dog.
In 1997, Cho earned his first acting job in the TV series The Jeff Foxworthy Show, in which he played Pizza Delivery Man. That same year, he was cast as Larry in an episode of the drama series Boston Common.
John Cho Net worth
John Cho has accumulated a net worth of $14 million of 2023, according to the media. He lives with his family in Los Angeles, California.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About John Cho
- John family moved to the United States when he was young and was raised in Los Angeles, California.
- His father was a Christian Minister.
- He is the lead singer of Viva La Union (formerly Left of Zed), a Los Angeles-based band.
- After graduating from college, he briefly worked as an English teacher at the Pacific Hills School in West Hollywood, California.
- He also worked with the Asian American theater company East West Players.
- In 2005, John won a string of MTV Movie Awards for Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle like Best On-Screen Team and Best Musical Performance.
- He was a 2013 member of the University of California, Berkeley Wall of Fame.
- John Cho was named one of the sexiest men alive by People magazine in 2006 and again in 2009.
- In 2018, Cho was cast as David Kim in the thriller film Searching, in which he played a man combing social media for clues to his daughter’s disappearance. He is the first Asian-American to play the lead character in a mainstream thriller in Hollywood.
- He is a part of the 4-member band named Viva La Union which was previously called Left of Zed.
- In 2008, he was featured in Nas‘s music video called Be a Nigger Too.
- In 2009, John has won numerous awards for Star Trek like the BSFC Award as Best Ensemble Cast and the DFCS Award in 2010 as Best Acting Ensemble. He was also nominated for WAFCA Award as Best Ensemble for Star Trek in 2009.
- Cho has also worked with Singapore Repertory Theatre, East West Players, and an Asian-American theater group in Los Angeles.