Nicole Kidman is an Australian actress and producer. She began her acting career in Australia with the 1983 films Bush Christmas and BMX Bandits. Her breakthrough came in 1989 with the thriller Dead Calm and the television miniseries Bangkok Hilton.
Nicole Mary Kidman
Nic, Nicole Urban
Actress, Producer, Occasional Singer
Australian, American (Dual Citizenship)
Birthday / Date of Birth
Nicole Kidman was born on June 20, 1967, in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States.
She is currently 51 years old.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Shje’s English, Irish and Scottish.
Nicole Kidman attended Lane Cove Public School and North Sydney Girls’ High School, Sydney, Australia. She later studied at the Victorian College of the Arts, Melbourne, Victoria and Phillip Street Theatre, Sydney. She then enrolled at the Australian Theatre for Young People, Sydney, Australia.
- Father – Antony David Kidman (Biochemist, Clinical Psychologist, Author, Died at 75)
- Mother – Janelle Ann (née Glenny) (Nursing Instructor)
- Siblings – Antonia Kidman (Younger Sister) (Journalist and TV Presenter)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nicole Kidman has dated –
- Tom Cruise (1990-2001) – She married Hollywood actor Tom Cruise on Christmas Eve 1990 in Telluride, Colorado. Tom and Nicole adopted two children – one daughter “Isabella Jane Cruise” (born December 22, 1992) and one son “Connor Cruise” (born on January 17, 1995). The couple got officially divorced in August 2001.
- Q-Tip (2003) – For some months in 2003, rapper Q-Tip and Nicole dated each other. During this time, they were seen at many high profile events.
- Adrien Brody (2003) – In 2003, Nicole met actor Adrien Brody during the Academy Awards ceremony where both actors received awards in their respective categories. They exchanged their phone numbers and were spotted on a few dates by the paparazzi.
- Keith Urban (2006-Present) – Kidman married to New Zealand country singer Keith Urban on June 25, 2006, at Manly, New South Wales, Australia. She gave birth to her first daughter, Sunday Rose Kidman Urban on July 7, 2008, in Nashville, USA. On December 28, 2010, she had her second daughter, Faith Margaret Kidman Urban via surrogacy in Nashville, USA.
- In feet – 5 feet 11 inches
- In centimeters – 180 cm
- In meters – 1.8 m
- In Kilograms – 58 kg
- In Pounds – 128 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-36
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 2 (US).
Known for her acting roles in films like Dead Calm (1989), Far and Away (1992), To Die For (1995), Moulin Rouge! (2001), The Hours (2002), Cold Mountain (2003), Dogville (2003), Birth (2004), Rabbit Hole (2010) and The Paperboy (2012).
In 1983, film Bush Christmas for her role as Helen. It was an Australian drama film, a remake of 1947 Australian film of the same name.
In 1983, TV Series Five Mile Creek for her role as Annie. It was an Australian TV Series consisting of total 39 episodes in all the 3 seasons. At that time Kidman was just 16 years old.
Kidman has appeared in numerous TV advertisements including El Corte Inglés, Schweppes, Etihad Airways, etc and many print ads for OMEGA (Ladymatic) and Swiss watches in the UK, Women’s Cancer Research Fund and others. She has also endorsed brands such as Chanel No 5, Omega Watches, Nintendo and Neutrogena. In 2015, Kidman became the brand ambassador for Etihad Airways.
Nicole Kidman Favorites
- Favorite Movies – The Wizard Of Oz (1939), Gone With The Wind (1939)
- Favorite Bands – Gorillaz
- Favorite Singer – Lenny Kravitz
- Favorite Books – War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy and Portrait Of A Lady by Henry James
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite Place – Australia
- Favorite Sport – Swimming
- Favorite Perfume – Angel by Thierry Mugler, Eau du Sud by Annick Goutal
- Favorite Food – Chocolate, Pizza
- Favorite Drink – Apple Martinis
Nicole Kidman Net worth
Her estimated net worth stands at $130 million dollars as of 2019. She makes huge money from appearing in films and television and brand endorsements. It is being reported that she was paid $12 million for a three-minute TV ad for Chanel No.5. Kidman and her husband have multiple luxury houses in Sydney, Los Angeles and Nashville. She has several expensive cars in possession including Yukon Denali, Audi Q7 and Bugatti Veyron. She also owns a luxury yacht, Sunseeker Manhattan 74.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nicole Kidman
- When she was 17, she worked as a massage therapist to help support her mom, who was diagnosed with breast cancer.
- She has an IQ of 132+.
- She is a member of the Mary Mackillop Chapel in North Sydney.
- In 1994, she was appointed a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF and in 2004, she was honoured as a “Citizen of the World” by the United Nations.
- Kidman donated $100,000 to the children’s hospital in Randwick in 2001.
- In 2002, Kidman first appeared on the Australian rich list published annually in the Business Review Weekly with an estimated net worth of A$122 million.
- In 2008, Kidman was named at no. 5 in Glamour’s The 50 Most Glamorous Women.
- In 2015, Kidman became the brand ambassador for Etihad Airways.
- Nicole Kidman has won several awards, including an Academy Award, two Primetime Emmy Awards, five Golden Globe Awards, and the Silver Bear for Best Actress.
- She is the first Australian actress to win the Academy Award in the category of Best Actress in a Leading Role for the film, ‘The Hours’. She has been nominated thrice in the category.
- As of 2017, Kidman’s movies have grossed more than $3.9 billion at the worldwide box-office according to Box Office Mojo.
- As of 2019, Kidman’s films have grossed more than $5.1 billion at the worldwide box-office, according to Box Office Mojo.
- Visit her official website @ nicolekidmanofficial.com.