Donald Glover is an American actor, comedian, writer, producer, director, musician and DJ. Glover has appeared in Mystery Team, The Lazarus Effect, Magic Mike XXL, The Martian, Spider-Man: Homecoming and as the young Lando Calrissian in Solo: A Star Wars Story. Glover starred in and produced his own short film, Guava Island. He will also provide the voice of the adult Simba in a remake of the Disney film The Lion King. Glover won various accolades, including Primetime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series and Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series and Golden Globe Awards for Best Television Series Musical or Comedy and Best Actor Television Series Musical or Comedy.
Donald McKinley Glover
Childish Gambino, mcDJ
Actor, Comedian, Writer, Director, Producer, Singer, Songwriter, DJ, Rapper
Hip Hop, R&B, Funk, Soul, Electronic, Musical Comedy
Vocals, Glockenspiel, Drums
Glassnote Records, Island Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Donald Glover was born on 25 September 1983, in Edwards Air Force Base, California, United States.
He’s currently 35 years old.
Donald studied at the DeKalb School of the Arts and graduated from Stephenson High School in Georgia, United States. He then enrolled in the Tisch School of the Arts, New York University and graduated with a Dramatic Writing degree in 2006.
- Father – Donald Sr. (Retired Postal Worker)
- Mother – Beverly Smith (Retired Daycare Provider)
- Siblings – Stephen Glover (Brother), Bree Glover (Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Donald Glover has dated –
- Jhene Aiko (2013) – Donald was RUMORed to be dating American singer Jhene Aiko in October 2013.
- Michelle White (2015-Present)– Donald is currently in a relationship with Michelle. His lover remains unknown to the world and she gave birth to his baby boy named, Legend in 2016. The talented musician and actor affirmed the baby was a boy during his Golden Globe acceptance speech in January 2017. Later in January 2018, the couple welcomed another child, a son.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 79 kg
- In Pounds – 174 lbs
- Measurements – 41-14-33
- Chest – 41 inches
- Biceps – 14 inches
- Waist – 33 inches
Well-known for his roles in films like Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (2014), Magic Mike XXL (2015), The Martian (2015) and Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017).
Donald made his movie debut in 2009 with Mystery Team in the role of Jason Rogers. He was also a writer and executive producer for the movie.
In 2005, Donald guest appeared on the talk show Late Night with Conan O’Brien as a criminal.
Donald released his first studio album titled “Camp” on November 15, 2011. The album debuted at No. 11 on the Billboard 200 and No. 2 on the US R&B and US Rap. In its total run, the album soled more more than 242,000 copies in the US.
Donald Glover has appeared in TV commercials for Clothing brand Gap’s Holiday ad campaign, Adidas, Samsung and Ubisoft’s Far Cry 4 video game.
Donald Glover Favorites
- Favorite Actress – Sarah Paulson
- Favorite Song – Bootylicious by Beyonce
- Favorite Singer – Bruno Mars
- Favorite Cartoon – The Simpsons
- Favorite Song – Kiss From a Rose (By Seal)
- Favorite Dish – Osso Buco (Shanks braised with vegetables)
- Favorite TV Series – American Dad, O.J.: Made in America
- Favorite Movie – The Counselor (2013)
- Favorite Book – Future Shock by Alvin Toffler
Donald Glover Net worth
Donald Glover has a net worth of $12 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Donald Glover
- Instagram – childishgambino
- Twitter – Donald Glover
- YouTube Channel – Donald Glover
Some Lesser Known Facts About Donald Glover
- Donald Glover was brought up in Stone Mountain, Georgia in the United States.
- He became a part of the Upright Citizens Brigade comedy troupe and was discovered by Tina Fey who asked him to become a writer for 30 Rock.
- Glover was nominated for five Grammy Awards, including Album of the Year for “Awaken, My Love!” and Record of the Year for “Redbone”, eventually winning the award for Best Traditional R&B Performance.
- In July 2010, he was awarded the Rising Comedy Star award at the Just for Laughs festival.
- In March 16, 2011, Donald hosted the MTVU Woodie Awards held at South By Southwest Film Festival.
- In 2017, Glover was named one of Time’s 100 Most Influential People.
- In 2017, Glover voiced for the character of Simba in the remake of the Disney movie The Lion King.
- He was the second African-American performer to win an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series.
- In April 18, 2019, Glover and Adidas Originals officially announce three new Adidas shoes along with the release of a series of advertisements/short films starring comedian Mo’Nique and a cameo of professional skateboarder Na-Kel Smith.
- Glover premiered a new song, “Algorythm”, in partnership with App PHAROS AR a new augmented reality application released on April 24, to Android and iOS users.
- Visit his official website @ childishgambino.com.