Freddie Highmore is an English actor. He made his debut in the comedy film Women Talking Dirty. He is known for his starring roles in the films Finding Neverland, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, August Rush and The Spiderwick Chronicles. Highmore starred as Norman Bates in the drama-thriller series Bates Motel, for which he was nominated three times for the Critics’ Choice Television Award for Best Actor in a Drama Series and won a People’s Choice Award. In 2017, Highmore began producing and starring as Dr. Shaun Murphy in the ABC drama series The Good Doctor, for which he was nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor.
Alfred Thomas Highmore
Freddie, Thomas, High
Birthday / Date of Birth
Freddie Highmore was born on February 14, 1992, in Camden Town, London, England, UK.
He’s currently 27 years old.
Highmore attended Hampstead Garden Suburb, a primary school and an independent school, Highgate School in North London. After graduation, he attended Emmanuel College at the University of Cambridge, where he received his first class honors in Arabic and Spanish.
- Father – Edward Highmore (Actor)
- Mother – Sue Latimer (Talent Agent)
- Siblings – Albert ‘Bertie’ Highmore (Younger Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Freddie Highmore dated –
- Sarah Bolger (2006–2009) – Freddie was in a relationship with Irish actress Sarah Bolger.
- Abigail Breslin (2016-Present) – In November 2016, Freddie commenced dating American actress, Abigail Breslin.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78 m
- In Pounds – 70 kg
- In Kilograms – 154 lbs
His body statistics like chest, biceps and waist are currently unavailable.
He wears a size 10 (US) shoe.
Freddie Highmore gained popularity for his roles as Peter Llewelyn Davies in Finding Neverland (2004), Charlie Bucket in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005), as Norman Bates in the hit television series Bates Motel and Dr. Shaun Murphy in the ABC drama series The Good Doctor.
Freddie made his onscreen debut in 1999 in the movie Women Talking Dirty for his role as Sam.
In 2000, Highmore played the role of Steven Green in the TV movie Happy Birthday Shakespeare. That was his first official appearance on television.
Freddie hasn’t signed any endorsement contract till now.
Freddie Highmore Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp
- Favorite Football Club – Arsenal F.C.
- Favorite Place – South France
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite Food – Italian Pizza and Pasta, Chinese Food
Freddie Highmore Net worth
Freddie Highmore has net worth is estimated to be $5 million dollars as of 2019. The majority of his fortune came from his film and television appearances.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Freddie Highmore
- He began his acting career at the age of seven doing small roles on television.
- Freddie is a huge fan of soccer. He is a supporter of the Arsenal Football Club.
- He received several awards and nominations for his role in Finding Neverland, including a Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Young Performer and nominations for the Saturn Award for Best Performance by a Younger Actor and the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role.
- His father Edward played his father in Hallmark Entertainment’s television film Jack and the Beanstalk: The Real Story in 2001.
- He was cast alongside Emma Roberts in the romantic comedy-drama The Art of Getting By in 2011.
- Johnny Depp requested him to play Charlie Bucket in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- He worked as an intern at Gulf Bank in Kuwait in 2012.
- He is fluent in Arabic, French and Spanish, in addition to his native English.
- Highmore has appeared in a number of video games including Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Golden Compass and Astro Boy: The Video Game.
- Highmore voiced the character the Duke of Cheshire in the animated film adaptation of The Canterville Ghost.