Juliann Margulies is an American actress and producer who is known for portraying Carol Hathaway on ER and Alicia Florrick on The Good Wife. After several small television roles, Margulies achieved wide recognition for her role as Carol Hathaway on NBC’s long-running medical drama ER, for which she won an Emmy Award. Margulies has won eight Screen Actor Guild Awards, making her the second most awarded woman ever within SAG after Julia Louis-Dreyfus, one Golden Globe and three Emmys. In 2015, Time magazine featured her as one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World.
Julianna Luisa Margulies
Birthday / Date of Birth
Julianna Margulies was born on the 8th of June 1966, in Spring Valley, New York, United States.
She’s currently 56 years old.
Julianna finished her grade school at Green Meadow Waldorf School. Later on, she finished her high school at High Mowing School. She completed her college education at Sarah Lawrence College and obtained a degree in BA. She took part in various plays when she was on campus.
- Father – Paul Margulies (Writer, philosopher and advertising executive)
- Mother – Francesca Gardner (Ballet dancer and eurhythmy teacher)
- Siblings – Rachel Margulies, Alexandra Margulies (Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Julianna Margulies has dated –
- Ron Eldard (1991-2003) – In 2003, Ron Eldard, actor and fellow co-star of Julianna met the raven beauty on the sets of the medical drama ER. The two dated for nearly 12 years before deciding to part ways.
- Keith Lieberthal (2007–Present) – In November 10, 2007, Margulies married attorney Keith Lieberthal, the son of academic Kenneth Lieberthal, in Lenox, Massachusetts. In January 17, 2008, she gave birth to their son named Kieran Lindsay Lieberthal.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 61 kg
- In Pounds – 135 lbs
- Measurements – 33-26-35
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 33B
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Julianna gained wide recognition after portraying the character of Carol Hathaway in NBC’s medical drama ER. Her performance garnered acclaim, she won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series twice, a Golden Globe and a Television Critics Association Award.
In 1991, Margulies made her film debut as Rica in the action drama film, Out for Justice.
In 1993, Julianna made her television show debut on the crime drama Law & Order. In 1994, she won an Emmy Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Television Drama.
Margulies has done endorsement work for several brands such as L’Oréal Paris, Chase Credit Card (voiceover).
Julianna Margulies Favorites
- Favorite Songs – Nothing Compares 2 U’ by Sinead O’Connor
- Favorite Designers – Narciso Rodriguez and L’Wren Scott
- Favorite Dessert – Chocolate Dipped Macaroons
- Favorite Netflix Show – Orange Is the New Black
- Favorite Ice-Cream – Double Chocolate Chip
- Favorite Food – Salmon
Julianna Margulies Net worth
Julianna Margulies has an estimated net worth of $24 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Julianna Margulies
Some Lesser Known Facts About Julianna Margulies
- Julianna has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- She hosts an elaborate family brunch on Mother’s Day every year.
- She reportedly didn’t get along with her The Good Wife co-star Archie Panjabi.
- She confessed to having close encounters with sexual harassment when she began acting.
- She stays out of the sun and always wears sunscreen or a hat. She also keeps her skin moisturized.
- In 2009, she took on the lead role of Alicia Florrick in the American legal drama The Good Wife on CBS.
- In 2013, the actress has done voiceovers for a Chase credit card commercial.
- In 2014, she narrated Women in Business, an episode of season 2 of Makers,Women Who Make America.
- In 2015, she released a children’s book called Three Magic Balloons, based on a story written by her father. She published the book as a tribute to her late father.
- In 2015, Time magazine featured her as one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World.
- In 2018, she had a co-starring role as Kitty Montgomery in the AMC dark comedy series, Dietland.
- In 2019, Julianna was slated to reprise the role of Alicia Florrick for three episodes of The Good Fight, a spin-off of The Good Wife.
- In 2019, Margulies starred in The Hot Zone on National Geographic as Dr. Nancy Jaax – a U.S Army scientist Nancy Jaax, DVM, ACVP, trying to stop a deadly outbreak of Ebola.