Janina Gavankar is an American actress and musician. She is also trained as a pianist, vocalist and orchestral percussionist. She roles include a police officer on The Gates; Ms. Dewey, the personification of a Microsoft branded search engine who commented on the user’s searches; Shiva, the namesake of the sought-after trophy on The League; shapeshifter Luna Garza on HBO’s True Blood; McKenna Hall on The CW’s Arrow and Meredith Bose on NBC’s The Mysteries of Laura.
Janina Zione Gavankar
Vocals, Marimba, Piano, Orchestral Percussionist
Cash Money Records, Universal Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Janina Gavankar was born on the 29th of November 1980, in Joliet, Illinois, United States.
She’s currently 39 years old.
Janina has Dutch and Indian ancestry on her mother’s side, while she is of Indian descent on her father’s side.
Janina attended the University of Illinois at Chicago to major in Theatre Performance.
- Father – Pete Gavankar (Indian Engineer)
- Mother – Mohra Gavankar
- Siblings – Sonya Gavankar (Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Janina Gavankar has dated –
Janina has largely opted to keep her personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about her love life and dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 59 kg
- In Pounds – 130 lbs
- Measurements – 35-24-36
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Janina most notable roles include Iden Versio, a canon Star Wars character and the protagonist of Star Wars: Battlefront II, shapeshifter Luna Garza in True Blood, Papi in The L Word; Ms. Dewey, the personification of a Microsoft live search engine and Shiva, the namesake of the sought after trophy on The League.
In 2001, Janina appeared in film, Why Is God for her role as Mina.
In 2007, Janina played the role as Melanie in the television series, Dash 4 Cash.
Janina has contributed to the song Tell Me What in India. In August 2012, she released her single Waiting for Godot .
Kaylee has done endorsement work for several brands such as Herpacol DX Herpes and Houston Chronicle.
Janina Gavankar Favorites
- Favorite Food – Freeze-dried Apple Crisps
Janina Gavankar Net worth
Janina Gavankar has an estimated net worth of $0.5 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Janina Gavankar
- Instagram – janinagavankar
- Twitter – Janina Gavankar
- YouTube Channel – Janina Gavankar
Some Lesser Known Facts About Janina Gavankar
- Janina grew up playing piano and percussion.
- She is obsessed with great designs, ranging from fashion to furniture.
- Gavankar was featured in the music video of Wish I Could by Russian artist Ella Leya.
- In 2007, she landed a lead in CW pilot Dash 4 Cash.
- In 2008, she was nominated for Asian Excellence Award.
- In 2008, she appeared in the TV series Stargate Atlantis, Grey’s Anatomy, NCIS, My Boys and Factory.
- In 2011, She became a series regular in HBO’s True Blood as a public school teacher and shapeshifter, Luna Garza, who gets romantically involved with one of the main characters of the series.
- In 2011, she developed a free template for Hollywood people to help them control their presence on social media.
- In 2012, Gavankar received the Gravity Summit Award for Excellence in Social Media.
- In 2013, she landed a role as a witch named Qetsiyah in the fifth season of The Vampire Diaries.
- In 2014, she starred as Amita in the video game, Far Cry 4.
- In May 20, 2015, Gavankar performed a percussion duet at Carnegie Hall with Questlove for the Best Buddies charity benefit.
- In 2017, she launched a private discussion forum for members of the games industry.
- In 2018, she was in two films. Blindspotting premiered at the Sundance Film Festival.
- In 2018, she produced the first narrative film to use the ARRI Alexa LF.
- In 2019, Gavankar had a supporting role in the new Apple TV & series The Morning Show.
- Visit her official website @ janinagavankar.com.