Teyonah Parris is an American actress. She began her career playing a recurring role as Dawn Chambers in the AMC drama series, Mad Men. In 2015, Parris starred in the satirical drama film Chi-Raq directed by Spike Lee. In 2014, Parris had her breakthrough role in the independent film Dear White People. Later in that year, Parris began starring in the Starz comedy series, Survivor’s Remorse. She received her first NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Motion Picture nomination for this film.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Teyonah Parris was born on the 22nd of September 1987, in Hopkins, South Carolina, United States.
She’s currently 32 years old.
She has African-American ancestry.
Teyonah studied at Lower Richland High School, Hopkins. Later, she started studying at South Carolina Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities, Greenville. In 2009, she graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Drama from The Juilliard School in New York City, New York.
- Father –Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – She has a younger brother and an older brother.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Teyonah Parris has dated –
Teyonah has largely opted to keep her personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about her love life and dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Teyonah is best known for her role as Dawn Chambers in the AMC drama series, Mad Men. She was a series regular on Starz sitcom Survivor’s Remorse. She received her first NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Motion Picture nomination for this film.
In 2010, Teyonah made her theatrical film debut as Riva in James L. Brooks’s romantic-drama, How Do You Know. In 2014, she had her breakthrough role in the independent film, Dear White People.
In 2010, Teyonah made her first television show appearance as a guest star named Melinda Gossett in The Good Wife. In 2012, she was cast in a recurring role as Dawn Chambers in the AMC drama series, Mad Men.
Teyonah has done endorsement work for several brands such as McDonald’s, Kingsford and Walmart.
Teyonah Parris Favorites
- Favorite Movie – Little Children (2006)
- Favorite Role To Date – Celimene in Moliere’s The Misanthrope
- Favorite Hair Product – Dark and Lovely‘s Knot-Out Conditioner
- Favorite Food – Bread (Any Kind)
Teyonah Parris Net worth
Teyonah Parris has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – teyonahparris
- Twitter – Teyonah Parris
Some Lesser Known Facts About Teyonah Parris
- Teyonah was quite the tomboy growing up and could also climb trees. She also loved to dress up.
- Teyonah’s kind of guy must be intriguing, intelligent, considerate at heart and must smell good.
- She was also part of her high school’s cheer leading squad, step and dance teams.
- She has been the 1st African-American to be crowned as Ms. Lower Richland High School. She also took part in the school’s cheer leading and dance teams.
- In the past, she stood forth for World AIDS Day and appeared in a photo shoot for Designers Against AIDS.
- Her motto in life is to be able to help young women find their natural beauty by inspiring them through her art and peaceful living.
- In 2010, Teyonah debuted on Broadway in a stage production of John Guare’s A Free Man of Color starring Mos Def and Jeffrey Wright.
- In 2012, Teyonah starred in McDonald’s television commercial.
- In 2015, Teyonah was cast as R&B/Jazz singer Miki Howard in his biopic titled The Miki Howard Story.
- In 2015, Parris went to star in the satirical drama film Chi-Raq directed by Spike Lee.
- In 2017, she had a recurring role on the Fox prime time soap opera Empire playing Detective Pamela Rose.
- In 2018, Parris was cast in a leading role on the CBS drama pilot Murder.
- Visit her official website @ teyonahparris.com.