Marina Diamandis is a Welsh singer-songwriter known by her stage name Marina and the Diamonds. Her debut studio album, The Family Jewels, incorporates indie pop and new wave musical styles. It entered the UK Albums Chart at number five and was certified gold by the British Phonographic Industry. The album’s second single, Hollywood peaked at number 12 on the UK Singles Chart. In 2018, she was featured on Clean Bandit’s single Baby which reached the top 15 in the UK.
Marina Lambrini Diamandis
Marina, Marina and the Diamonds
Indie Pop, Electropop, New Wave, Alternative
Vocals, Piano, Keyboards, Glockenspiel, Organ, Casio VL-Tone, Ukulele
679 Artists (Subdivision of Warner Music Group), Atlantic Records, Chop Shop, Neon Gold, Elektra
Birthday / Date of Birth
Marina Diamandis was born on the 10th of October 1985, in Brynmawr, Blaenau Gwent, Wales.
She’s currently 34 years old.
She has Welsh ancestry on her mom’s side while she is of Greek descent on her dad’s side.
Diamandis went to Haberdashers’ Monmouth School for Girls in Monmouth, Wales. She first began writing music when she was 18 years old; she moved to London to attend dance school but quit after two months. She studied music at the University of East London and transferred to a classic composition course in Middlesex University the following year but after two months she dropped out.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Lafina Diamandis (Older Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Marina Diamandis has dated –
- Jack Patterson (2015-Present) – English musician Jack Patterson (who has served as Clean Bandit’s vocalist, pianist, bass guitarist and keyboardist) started dating Marina in 2015. They made their relationship public in 2016.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 35-26-36
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 32G
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Marina is known for her albums The Family Jewels (2010), Electra Heart (2012) and Froot (2015).
In February 15, 2010, she released her debut album The Family Jewels via 679 Artists and Atlantic Records. It charted at #5 in UK, #138 in U.S., #9 in Ireland, #12 in Germany, #79 in Australia and likewise.
Marina has endorsed Max Factor.
Awards & Nominations
|2010||BBC Sound of 2010||Herself||Sound of 2010||Second place|
|Sweden GAFFA Awards||Best Foreign New Act||Won|
|Brit Awards||Critics’ Choice||Nominated|
|BT Digital Music Awards||Breakthrough Artist of the Year||Nominated|
|MTV Europe Music Awards||Best UK & Ireland Act||Won|
|Best European Act||Nominated|
|UK Festival Awards||Best Breakthrough Act||Nominated|
|Virgin Media Music Awards||Best Newcomer||Won|
|NME Awards||Hottest Female||Nominated|
|Popjustice £20 Music Prize||I Am Not a Robot||Best British Pop Single||Nominated|
|2011||Glamour Awards||Herself||Best UK Solo Artist||Nominated|
|2012||Attitude Magazine Awards||Best Music Award||Won|
|Popjustice £20 Music Prize||Power & Control||Best British Pop Single||Nominated|
|2015||I’m a Ruin||Nominated|
|2016||Gay Music Chart Awards||True Colors||Best Cover||Nominated|
|2019||Popjustice £20 Music Prize||Baby (with Clean Bandit & Luis Fonsi)||Best British Pop Single||Nominated|
Marina Diamandis Favorites
- Favorite Fashion Icons – Sophia Loren, Gwen Stefani
- Favorite Band – Poliça
- Favorite Restaurant – Giorgio Baldi (in Santa Monica)
- Favorite Designers – Meadham Kirchhoff, Christopher Kane, Marchesa, Rachel Gilbert, Natalie B. Coleman
- Favorite Place – Athens, Greece
- Favorite Beauty Product – NuBo Diamond Peel
Marina Diamandis Net worth
Marina Diamandis has an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Marina Diamandis
- Instagram – marinadiamandis
- Twitter – Marina Diamandis
- YouTube Channel – Marina
Some Lesser Known Facts About Marina Diamandis
- Marina is the only member of Marina and the Diamonds.
- She is quite good at baking.
- Her parents split when she was 16 years old. After her parents divorce, she had stayed with her father and mother individually.
- She started songwriting at the age of 18.
- She calls her fans as the Diamonds and hence the band name Marina and the Diamonds.
- In 2007, she independently released her first EP, Mermaid vs. Sailor which she herself produced and composed with the help of GarageBand software.
- In 2010, Marina won the Best UK & Ireland Act honor at the MTV Europe Music Awards and was named the Best Newcomer at Virgin Media Music Awards.
- In 2011, she opened for American pop icon Katy Perry during her California Dreams Tour, along with Swedish artist Robyn.
- In August 11, 2013, she launched her own fashion line called 11 Diamonds.
- In November 2018, a second collaboration with Clean Bandit and Puerto Rican singer Luis Fonsi, Baby was released peaking at number 15 in the UK.
- In 11 December 2018, Diamandis performed at the Royal Variety Performance alongside Clean Bandit with their song Baby.
- In 29 April 2019, Diamandis embarked on her Love + Fear Tour with six UK gigs, including sold-out dates in London and Manchester.
- Visit her official website @ marinaofficial.co.uk.