Lee Seung-gi is a South Korean singer, actor, host, and entertainer. He has numerous hit songs as a singer such as Because You’re My Woman, Will You Marry Me, Return and The Ordinary Man. Seung-gi has garnered further recognition as an actor and rose to popularity in parts of Asia with leading roles in popular dramas such as Brilliant Legacy. He was a member of the first season of weekend variety show 1 Night 2 Days, and the host of talk show Strong Heart. Lee is also listed as one of the highest paid Korean celebrities.
Ballad Prince, Triple Treat, Nation’s Umchina
Singer, Actor, TV Host
K-Pop, Pop Rock, Ballad
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
Hook Entertainment, Universal Music
Birthday / Date of Birth
Lee Seung-gi was born on the 13th of January 1987, in Banghak-dong, Dobong-gu, Seoul, South Korea.
He’s currently 36 years old.
He has South Korean ancestry.
On February 20, 2009, Lee graduated from Dongguk University obtaining his degree in International Trade and Commerce and received a special achievement award during graduation. He then continued his studies obtaining two master’s degrees, Marketing, Trade Theory as well as Finance and Cultural Contents at Dongguk Graduate School.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lee Seung-gi has dated –
- Lee Da-in (2020-Present) – In 2020, Lee and actress Lee Da-in started dating. On February 7, 2023, she announced their engagement in letters posted on his social media accounts, and will be holding their wedding ceremony at the Grand Intercontinental Seoul Parnas on April 7.
- In feet – 6 feet 0 inches
- In centimeters – 183 cm
- In meters – 1.83 m
- In Kilograms – 70 kg
- In Pounds – 154.5 lbs
He wears a size 11.5 (US) shoe.
Seung-gi became known widely regarded as one of the most popular and commercially successful Hallyu stars in South Korea. He has numerous hit songs as a singer such as Because You’re My Woman, Will You Marry Me, Return and The Ordinary Man. Gi’s success as a singer, actor and host earned him the title Triple Threat entertainer.
Lee composed his first album Dream of a Moth at the age of 17 and one song from the album became a mega success. The song Because you’re my girl became a national rage. The song’s lyrics talked about a man and his love for older women, and this famously started a syndrome in South Korea. In 2004, For the song, Lee won some of the major music awards.
In 2015, Seung-gi made his film debut with Love Forecast, a romantic comedy.
In 2004, Lee starred in MBC‘s sitcom Nonstop 5. He then officially debuted as an actor in KBS’s 2006 weekend drama The Infamous Chil Sisters.
Lee Seung-gi Net worth
Lee Seung-gi has an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – leeseunggi.official
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lee Seung-gi
- Seung-gi’s family consists of his parents and younger sister.
- During his elementary and middle school days, Lee was considered a good student, he was an all rounder and performed equally well in sports, academics and arts and was the elected president of the student council throughout his school years.
- He trained for 2 years before making his singing debut at the age of 17.
- On June 5, 2004, at the age of 17, Scouted by singer Lee Sun-hee, Lee Seung Gi trained for two years before debuting.
- In 2010, he had recorded a duet version, with South Korean figure skater Kim Yuna, of his own 2007 song titled Smile Boy. Later that year, the track had been selected as the official song for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Korea.
- Lee has been featured several times in the Forbes Korea Power Celebrity list, an annual catalog of the 40 most powerful celebrities in South Korea. He was placed 7th in 2010, 4th in 2011, and 6th in both 2012 and 2015.
- In February 2016, he had started his military service, mandatory for male citizens in South Korea between the ages of 18 and 28, and his stint had ended in October 2017.
- In October 2012, he was appointed as the Honorary Online Ambassador by the National Election Commission of South Korea, to promote a fair presidential election.
- In February 2023, Lee had donated 300 million won (approximately $245,200) to the Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology (KAIST).