Katy Perry is an American singer, songwriter and television personality. After singing in church during her childhood, she pursued a career in gospel music as a teenager. Perry signed with Red Hill Records and released her debut studio album Katy Hudson under her birth name in 2001, which was commercially unsuccessful. She moved to Los Angeles the following year to venture into secular music after Red Hill ceased operations and she subsequently began working with producers Glen Ballard, Dr. Luke and Max Martin. After adopting the stage name Katy Perry and being dropped by The Island Def Jam Music Group and Columbia Records, she signed a recording contract with Capitol Records.
Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson
Katy Hudson, Katy Brand, Katheryn Elizabeth Brand, Pickle, KP, Katy Bird, The Queen of Cool, KatyCat, K-Pez, Chuckie, Pussycat
Singer, Songwriter, TV Personality
Vocals, Piano, Guitar
Red Hill, Java, Columbia, Capitol Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Katy Perry was born on the 25th of October 1984, in Santa Barbara, California, United States.
She is currently 38 years old.
She has English, German, Irish and Portuguese ancestry.
Perry attended religious schools and camps, including Paradise Valley Christian School in Arizona and Santa Barbara Christian School in California. She then enrolled at the Dos Pueblos High School where she obtained her General Educational Development (GED) at age 15, during her freshman year and left to pursue a musical career. She also briefly attended Italian opera at the Music Academy of the West in Santa Barbara.
- Father – Maurice Keith Hudson (Pentecostal pastor)
- Mother – Mary Christine Perry (Pentecostal pastor)
- Siblings – Angela Hudson (Sister), David Hudson (Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Katy Perry has dated –
- Benny Blanco (2011) – Katy was rumored to be dating American songwriter and record producer Benny Blanco in 2011 according to an Australian magazine. However, she later denied all these rumors and even took legal action towards the accusations.
- Russell Brand (2010-2012) – Perry was married to British Comedian Russell Brand from 2010 until 2012. The couple had their wedding on October 23, 2010, in a traditional Hindu ceremony near the Ranthambhore tiger sanctuary in Rajasthan, India. They split on December 31, 2011, and their divorce was finalized on July 16, 2012.
- Robert Ackroyd (2012) – In April 2012, Katy dated Robert Ackroyd (Guitarist from Florence+the machine) for about 1 month.
- Diplo (2014-2015) – In April 2014, DJ Diplo aka Thomas Pentz started dating Katy. After a month of dating, Diplo called off the relationship in May 2014. However, just like her previous relationship with John, she reunited with him again later in the year. But, again called it quits in March 2015.
- Orlando Bloom (2016-2017, 2018-Present) – British actor Orlando Bloom and Katy met at the Golden Globe’s party in January 2016 and started dating each other. They separated in February 2017 after a year of dating. She wanted to marry and have kids with Bloom, but he didn’t. Hence, they split. In 2018, they reconciled and started dating again. In September 2018, they had their first red carpet appearance in Monte-Carlo, Monaco after getting back together in early 2018.
- Takeoff (2017) – Migos’ rapper Takeoff and Katy were linked in May 2017 when they went to attend Saturday Night Live after party together. They got together after his rap group Migos worked with Katy on her song Bon Appetit.
- Chris Martin (2017) – Just before Coldplay singer Chris Martin split with Annabelle Wallis in June 2017, he was romantically linked with Katy Perry at Glastonbury. They looked cozy which hinted that they might be dating.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 61 kg
- In Pounds – 134 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 33D
She wears a size 9.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Katy has made a few remarkable contributions to music industry, including her hit albums and singles such as I Kissed a Girl, Hot n Cold, California Gurls, Teenage Dream, Firework, E.T., and Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.). Perry has received many awards, including four Guinness World Records, five American Music Awards, a Brit Award, and a Juno Award, and has been included in the annual Forbes lists of highest-earning women in music (2011–2018).
On March 6, 2001, Perry released her debut studio album, a gospel record titled Katy Hudson, via Red Hill Records. The album was unsuccessful. She gained fame with the release of her second studio album, a pop rock record, One of the Boys, on June 17, 2008. The album managed to reach #9 on the US Billboard 200 and sold over 7 million copies worldwide. It spawned hit singles I Kissed a Girl, Hot n Cold, and Waking Up in Vegas, all of which topped the US Billboard Hot 100. The album received multiple gold and platinum certifications.
In 2011, Katy made her feature film debut with a voice role in the film The Smurfs. She provided voice to the character Smurfette in the film. Her first acting role was in a documentary Katy Perry: Part of Me (2012).
In 2008, Perry earned her first acting job in the television show, Wildfire, where she appeared as a club singer in an episode titled Life’s Too Short. She has been a judge on ABC’s revival of American Idol, which premiered in March 2018. She gets a salary of whopping $25-million per season.
She has done endorsement works for several brands including GHD (Haircare Product Manufacturer), ProActiv, Purr Perfume, OPI Nail Polish, Purr by Katy Perry, Wal-Mart, Adidas, Pepsi and Thomas Sabo jewelry.
Katy Perry Net worth
Katy Perry has a net worth of $330 million dollars as of 2023. She owns multiple real estate properties in California, including a $6.5 m mansion in LA with a huge swimming pool and a lavish apartment in New York. She has a large collection of exotic cars, including black Audi A5 and pink smart car.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Katy Perry
- Instagram – katyperry
- Twitter – Katy Perry
- YouTube Channel – Katy Perry
Some Lesser Known Facts About Katy Perry
- Katy began singing at a very young age and sang in the church choir.
- She had a very strict Christian upbringing, listening to gospel music.
- She was discovered by Nashville rock artists Steve Thomas and Jennifer Knapp, who polished her singing her song-writing skills.
- She released her debut album under her original name, but it was unsuccessful. She adopted the stage name Katy Perry after moving to Los Angeles at the age of 17, where her career musical actually took off.
- Her albums “One of the Boys” and “Teenage Dreams” catapulted her stardom.
- Katty was named #1 on “Hot 100 Women of 2010” list by Maxim magazine.
- In 2010, she served as a guest judge on American Idol and The X Factor UK.
- Katy is best friends with Perez Hilton, Adam Lambert, Ellen DeGeneres, and Christina Milian.
- She was voted #16 on Ask men’s top 99 ‘most desirable’ celebrity women of 2012 list.
- She is a LGBT rights activist.
- She holds three Guinness Book World Record – Best Start On the US Digital Chart by a Female Artist, First Female with Five Number One US singles from One Album and Most Twitter Followers.
- Perry has collaborated with artists, including Selena Gomez & the Scene, Jessie James, Kelly Clarkson, Lesley Roy, Britney Spears, Iggy Azalea, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj.
- She cites Gwen Stefani, Shirley Manson, Chloë Sevigny, Daphne Guinness, Natalie Portman and the fictional character Lolita as her style icons.
- Katy smokes also and she likes vintage things.
- In 2012, Perry was voted no. 16 on AskMen’s Most Desirable Women.
- In 2018, Katy ranked at number four on Forbes’ list of Highest-Paid Female Celebrities with earnings of $83 million, making her the highest-placing woman in music on the list.