Gwen Stefani is an American singer, songwriter and fashion designer. She is a co-founder and the lead vocalist of the band No Doubt that experienced major success after their breakthrough studio album Tragic Kingdom along with various successful singles including “Just a Girl”, “Don’t Speak”, “Hey Baby” and “It’s My Life”. Inspired by pop music from the 1980s, the album was met with both critical and commercial success. During the band’s hiatus, Stefani embarked on a solo pop career in 2004 by releasing her debut studio album Love. Angel. Music. Baby.
Gwen Renée Stefani
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Fashion Designer, Television Personality
Birthday / Date of Birth
Gwen Stefani was born on 3 October 1969, in Fullerton, California, United States.
She is currently 49 years old.
She has Italian American ancestry on her dad’s side while she has Irish, Norwegian and Scottish ancestry on her mother’s side.
Stefani went to Loara High School in Anaheim, California and graduated in 1987. Post that, she attended Fullerton College in Fullerton, California and finally enrolled herself into California State University, Fullerton.
- Father – Dennis Stefani (Worked as a Yamaha marketing executive)
- Mother – Patti (née Flynn) (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Jill (Younger Sister), Todd (Younger Brother), Eric Matthew Stefani (Older Brother) (Keyboardist, Animator, Songwriter)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gwen Stefani has dated –
- Tony Kanal (1987-1993) – Gwen started dating singer Tony Kanal in 1987 secretly. When Tony’s band No Doubt performed in 1987, they met and she tried to kiss him when the two of these were on a walk. The other band members were against the relationship as they treated Gwen as their sister, but Tony gave the relationship a shot. Gwen wanted to have a baby with him. The duo split in 1993 when No Doubt was working on their third studio album.
- Gavin Rossdale (1995-2015) – In December 1995, Stefani started dating English musician Gavin Rossdale. After six years of dating, the couple got engaged on January 1, 2002, and subsequently married on September 14, 2002. The couple welcomed three children after that – sons Kingston James McGregor (b. May 26, 2006), Zuma Nesta Rock Rossdale (b. August 21, 2008), and Apollo Bowie Flynn Rossdale (b. February 28, 2014). The couple separated in July 2015 after being in a relationship for 20 years and she filed for divorce on August 3, 2015.
- Blake Shelton (2015-Present) – In November 2015, singers Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani started dating each other. They met while appearing together on the singing reality show The Voice.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.70 m
- In Kilograms – 55 kg
- In Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 33-25-34
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
Gwen Stefani wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 3 (US).
Her musical contributions such as Hollaback Girl, The Sweet Escape, Rich Girl and others.
In 1986, she formed her own rock band No Doubt with her brother, Eric and became a lead vocalist for the band. They singed a record deal with a big record label, Interscope Record in 1991 and released their self-titled album in 1992, which was unsuccessful. Three years later, the band released their second album, The Beacon Street Collection, a quite successful album. Their third album, Tragic Kingdom with the lead single, Don’t Speak went on to top the year-end charts. Since then, the band released a number of albums and singles. In 2004, Gwen Stefani went solo and released her debut album that goes by the name, Love. Angel. Music. Baby. which was made it to Billboard Top 100 list and sold over 300,000 copies in its first week of sales. The album’s lead single LAMB met with a huge success both acclaim and sales. Shortly after, Stefani honed her music skills, releasing different genres of music.
In 2001, Gwen had a cameo role in the action comedy film Zoolander as herself.
In 1996, she appeared on the sketch comedy series Saturday Night Live as a musical guest. Until 2006, she has appeared in 5 episodes.
Gwen appeared in the TV commercials for The ONE Campaign (Public Service Announcement) (2004), HP Canada (2007), L’Oreal Paris’ mascara (2011), Master Card, HTC Windows Phone 8X & Verizon.
Gwen Stefani Favorites
- Favorite Shoes – Pierre Hardy
- Favorite Blazer – Maison Martin Margiela
- Favorite Album – Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me (By The Cure)
- Favorite Top – Vince
- Favorite Lipstick – L’Oréal Paris
- Favorite Wallet – Comme des Garçons
Gwen Stefani Net worth
Gwen Stefani has accumulated a net worth of $115 million dollars as of 2019. She had endorsed several big names in the business that adds up a great value to her net worth. Along with that, her singing career, music sales, film and television appearances, concert tours, investments and other business ventures have brought her immense wealth. Stefani launched her own clothing line, L.A.M.B. in 2004 and that branched out into different segments. Her band was a favorite one among celebrities. In late 2006, Stefani released a limited edition line of dolls called “Love. Angel. Music. Baby. Fashion dolls”. The dolls are inspired by the various fashion that Stefani and the Harajuku Girls wore while touring for the album. In late summer 2007, Stefani launched a perfume, L, as a part of her L.A.M.B. collection of clothing and accessories. Gwen Stefani owns many luxury houses in and around Los Angeles. The pop sensation has a Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon, a Range Rover, a Porsche Panamera and a Maserati Quattroporte.
Social Media Portfolio
- Facebook – Gwen Stefani
- Instagram – gwenstefani
- Twitter – Gwen Stefani
- YouTube Channel – GwenStefaniVEVO
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gwen Stefani
- Gwen was born in Fullerton but grew up in Anaheim, California.
- She has done swimming in her high school as she was a part of the swimming team.
- Since an early age, she was exposed to folk music due to her parents’ liking towards this music.
- Her music influencers are The Selecter, The Cure, Prince and Red Hot Chili Peppers.
- Gwen Stefani has won three Grammy Awards. As a solo artist she has received various accolades, including an American Music Award, Brit Award, World Music Award and two Billboard Music Awards.
- She is a coach of NBC The voice along with Adam Levine, Alicia Keys and her boyfriend Blake Shelton.
- In 2008, Stefani was the 10th highest paid music personality in the world with $27 million earnings.
- At the People Magazine 2014 Awards, she was honored with the Style Icon Award.
- Visit her official website @ gwenstefani.com.