Natalie Portman is a film actress, producer and director with dual Israeli and American citizenship. She is the recipient of various accolades, including an Academy Award and two Golden Globe Awards. She has starred in several hit films throughout her career spanning more than 25 years. She has many acclaimed film roles in her credit such as Padmé Amidala in the Star Wars prequel trilogy and Nina Sayers in Black Swan. She earned Academy Award nominations for her role as Alice in the film Closer and as former U.S.
Nat, Nat Star Wars Queen
Actress, Film Producer, Director
She holds dual citizenship of American and Israeli.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Natalie Portman was born on 9th June 1981, in Jerusalem, Israel.
She’s currently 38 years old.
She’s Jewish Polish, Romanian, Austrian and Russian.
Natalie attended Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Washington D. C., where she learned to speak Hebrew. She then enrolled in Solomon Schechter Day School of Nassau County, New York. It was a kind of Jewish elementary school. Portman graduated from Syosset High School, Syosset, Long Island in 1999. She joined the Harvard University at Massachusetts, the very same year, from where she earned her A. B. Degree in Psychology in 2003. She joined graduate courses at Hebrew University of Jerusalem in the spring of 2004. Natalie has learned several languages such as French, Japanese, German and Arabic.
- Father – Avner Hershlag (Fertility specialist and Gynecologist)
- Mother – Shelley (née Stevens)
- Siblings – She’s the only child.
Aleen Keshishian, Brillstein-Grey Entertainment
Boyfriend / Spouse
Natalie Portman has dated –
- Lukas Haas (1998) – An American actor. Nat and Lukas had an affair with each other, way back in 1998. The affair continued for almost a year.
- Hayden Christensen (2001) – Canadian actor, Hayden Christensen and Natalie were together for a year in 2001. They grew close after working together on the movie Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (2003-06) – A Mexican actor and director. The couple was together for almost three years before they parted ways from each other. The couple was seen dating each other several times together in those three years.
- Nathan Rothschild (2007) – A British man from a banking dynasty. Both were reported to have an affair with each other in 2007. As per the media news, the banker was the love of the beautiful actress for almost a year or so.
- Jude Law (2007) – An English actor, film producer and director. The rumor love list of Natalie Portman moved to Jude Law in 2007 after she separated from the banker and was ended when she was seen dating Nathan Bogle.
- Nathan Bogle (2007-08) – Nat started dating not-so-famous Nathan Bogle in 2007. Both were spotted dating many times in New York City. The affair was two years long in which they shared some very close moments.
- Devendra Banhart (2008) – An American folk singer. The actress encountered a relationship with the singer after working with him in the video for his song Carmensita. The duo called off the affair in September 2008.
- Rodrigo Santoro (2009) – The Brazilian actor. Natalie was said to be with Lost series star for some time after moving on from Devendra, but the news was, later on, proved to be a rumor after Natalie was seen together with ballet dancer Benjamin Millepied.
- Benjamin Millepied (2009-Present) – A French dancer and choreographer. Both met each other while working in ‘Black Swan’ together. The affair moved to engagement in 2010 after Natalie confirmed her pregnancy. Nat gave birth to their son Aleph in June 2011. The couple married each other in an intimate-Jewish ceremony at Big Sur, California on August 4, 2012. The couple also has another child, daughter Amalia (b. February 2017).
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.6 m
- In Kilograms – 50 kg
- In Pounds – 110 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-34
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Having played Padme Amidala in the Star Wars movies.
Natalie Portman made her onscreen acting debut with the 1994 thriller film, Léon: The Professional, which co-starred Jean Reno and Gary Oldman. She portrayed as a 12-year girl Mathilda who is taken in by a professional hitman after her family is murdered by a corrupt DEA agent.
In 2003, Portman appeared in an episode of the 34 season of Sesame Street, an American children’s television series created by Joan Ganz Cooney and Lloyd Morrisett.
- Nat has a classic beauty and petite, pear-shaped body structure.
- She has moles on her cheeks adding to the charm to her beauty and keeping her different.
Natalie Portman Awards
American actress Natalie Portman has been honored with many awards and nominations for her work in acting, including three Academy Award nominations, winning for Black Swan (2010). She has also won two Golden Globe Awards, a BAFTA Award and a SAG Award. On November 7, 2017, the Genesis Prize Foundation announced that actress Natalie Portman was the 2018 Genesis Prize Laureate. The $1 million Genesis Prize was granted to philanthropic programs focused on advancing women’s equality.
Natalie Portman Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Ben Kingsley, John Turturro
- Favorite Actresses – Julia Roberts, Jennifer Grey, Susan Sarandon
- Favorite Music – PJ Harvey, Bjork, Radiohead, The Jackson 5 and Stevie Wonder
- Favorite Movies – Dirty Dancing (1987), Schindler’s List (1993)
- Favorite TV Shows – Ellen, Friends, Dawson’s Creek, Jerry Springer
- Favorite Makeup Items – Kiehl’s Lip Gloss, Vincent Longo Water Canvas Foundation, Powder Blush, Beige Eyeshadow
- Favorite Foods – Chocolate, Pizza, Tea, Ice Cream
Natalie Portman Net worth
Natalie has an estimated net worth of $65 million as of 2019. She earns that money from her successful acting career. She owns a swanky house worth $3.5 million in Linwood Drive, Los Angeles, CA that is spread over a 4,866 square feet area and is grand in every sense. She owns some of the finest cars in the world such as Toyota Prius and Mercedes-Benz S-Class amongst others.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – natalieportman
Some Lesser Known Facts About Natalie Portman
- Her original given name was Neta-Lee, a Hebrew name.
- Portman learned to speak Hebrew while living on Long Island.
- She studied ballet and modern dance at the American Theater Dance Workshop in New Hyde Park, New York and attended the Usdan Center for the Creative and Performing Arts in Wheatley Heights, both on Long Island.
- In 2005, she won the Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actress for her role in the film, Closer.
- She has won the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture for her role in drama film Closer.
- She has won Constellation Award for Best Female performance and Saturn Award for Best Actress for her role in V for Vendetta (2006).
- She was the leading lady in the historical dramas Goya’s Ghosts (2006) and The Other Boleyn Girl (2008).
- Nat has also directed a short film Eve. The film starred Olivia Thirlby, Lauren Bacall, and Ben Gazzara.
- Eve opened the 65th Venice International Film Festival’s short film competition in 2008.
- Natalia has also directed a segment of the collective film New York, I Love You.
- In 2006, She won the Constellation Award for Best Female performance and Saturn Award for Best Actress for her role in the film, V for Vendetta.
- In May 2008, she was the youngest jury member at the 61st Annual Cannes Film Festival.
- In 2009, She became a vegan after reading Jonathan Safran Foer’s Eating Animals and later produced a documentary on factory farming systems in the U.S. by the same title.
- In 2011, she won the Golden Globe fro Best Actress as well as Academy Award for Beat Actress for her stellar performance in the film Black Swan.
- Her first feature film as a director, A Tale of Love and Darkness, was released in 2015.
- She was the youngest jury member at the 61st Annual Cannes Film Festival in May 2008.
- In September 2017, she was recognized for her work on the film by the Environmental Media Association Awards with the Ongoing Commitment Award.
- On November 7, 2017, the Genesis Prize Foundation announced that actress Natalie Portman is the 2018 Genesis Prize Laureate.
- She is proficient in many languages including English, Hebrew, French, Japanese, German and Arabic.
- In 2018, Portman starred in the science fiction horror film Annihilation as a biologist and former soldier.