Richard Madden is a Scottish film and television actor. He rose to prominence for his portrayal of Robb Stark in the first three seasons of HBO’s fantasy drama Game of Thrones for which he received the Screen International Award for Star of Tomorrow. In 2018, he gained acclaim for his performance as a war veteran and Principal Protection Officer in the BBC thriller series Bodyguard.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Richard Madden was born on the 18th of June 1986, in Elderslie, Scotland, UK.
He’s currently 34 years old.
Richard educated at Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama (RSAMD) from where he graduated in 2007.
- Father – Richard Madden (Fire Serviceman)
- Mother – Pat Madden (Classroom Assistant)
- Siblings – Lauren Madden (Younger Sister), Cara Madden (Younger Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Richard Madden has dated –
- Jenna Coleman (2011–2016) – In 2011, Richard commenced dating the British actress Jenna Coleman. In January 2016, the couple called it quits.
- Suki Waterhouse (2016) – In December 2016, English model and actress, Suki Waterhouse and Madden hooked up.
- Brandon Flynn (2019) – In March 2019, when Richard shifted base to Los Angeles, the reports of him dating with actor Brandon Flynn started appearing in the tabloids. They were spotted together multiple times but, the duo didn’t confirm the relationship. They separated later in the year.
- In feet – 5 feet 9½ inches
- In centimeters – 177 cm
- In meters – 1.77 m
- In Kilograms – 77 kg
- In Pounds – 169 lbs
- Measurements – 40–14–33
- Chest – 40 in or 102 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 36 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
Richard is best known for his role as as Robb Stark in the popular TV series Game of Thrones for which he received the Screen International Award for Star of Tomorrow.
In 2000, Richard first appeared as Young Adam in the movie Complicity directed by Gavin Millar.
In 1999, Richard landed her first role in television by appearing as Sebastian Simpkins in the comedy television series, Barmy Aunt Boomerang which was broadcast on BBC1.
Richard Madden Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Singer – Rihanna
- Favorite Disney Film – Aladdin
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Fast Food
Richard Madden Net worth
Richard Madden has an estimated net worth of $6 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – maddenrichard
- Twitter – Richard Madden
Some Lesser Known Facts About Richard Madden
- At the age of 11, Richard went to Paisley Arts Centre and joined the youth theater program.
- Richard received an Honorary Doctorate of Drama from his alma mater, the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.
- Richard has appeared on the stage of the National Theater of Scotland.
- Richard won the award for Most Stylish Male (A Scottish style award).
- In 2009, he made his acting with the television comedy-drama series, Hope Springs in which she played the role of Dean McKenzie.
- In 2010, he was named one of Scotland’s Most Eligible Men by the Scotsman newspaper.
- In 2011, Madden was named to be one of the stars of Screen International.
- In 2011, he played the role as Ashley Greenwick in the comedy-drama series, Sirens which was aired on Channel 4.
- In 2013, he portrayed role of Friedrich Zeitz in the drama romance film, A Promise directed by Patrice Leconte.
- In 2016, Richard made his acting with the action thriller film, Bastille Day directed and co-written by James Watkins.
- In 2018, Richard made his acting with the romantic comedy film, Ibiza directed by Alex Richanbach.
- In 2019, Richard played the role as John Reid in the biographical musical film, Rocketman Directed by Dexter Fletcher.