Dan Stevens is an English actor. Stevens first drew international attention for his role as Matthew Crawley in the ITV acclaimed period drama series Downton Abbey. In 2017, he has starred as David Haller in the FX series Legion. In 2018, he starred in the Netflix horror-thriller Apostle.
Daniel Jonathan Stevens
Actor, Voice-over Artist, Writer, Critic
Birthday / Date of Birth
Dan Stevens was born on the 10th of October 1982, in Croydon, South London, England.
He’s currently 37 years old.
Brooklyn Heights, New York, United States
He has English ancestry.
Dan boarded on a scholarship at Tonbridge School an independent school in Kent. At the age of 15, he spent his summers training & performing with the National Youth Theatre in London. Dan studied English Literature for a Bachelor’s Degree at Emmanuel College, Cambridge.
- Father – Teacher (Adoptive Parent)
- Mother – Teacher (Adoptive Parent)
- Siblings – Younger Brother (Also adopted, biologically born to a different mother from Dan’s)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dan Stevens has dated –
- Susie Stevens (2009-Present) – In 2009, Dan got married to South African jazz singer and singing teacher, Susie Harriet. They have three children: daughters Willow (born 2009), Eden (born 2016) and a son, Aubrey (born 2012).
- In feet – 6 feet 0 inches
- In centimeters – 183 cm
- In meters – 1.83 m
- In Kilograms – 75 kg
- In Pounds – 165 lbs
- Measurements – 40–12–32
- Chest – 40 in or 102 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 12 in or 30.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Dan well known for his role as Matthew Crawley in the ITV acclaimed period drama series Downton Abbey. He also known for his role as the Beast in Walt Disney fantasy musical, Beauty and the Beast and David Haller in the FX series, Legion.
In 2009, Dan made his first film appearance by playing the role of David Cameron in the biographical film, Hilde directed by Kai Wessel and starring Heike Makatsch, Dan Stevens and Monica Bleibtreu.
In 2004, Dan played the role as Henry Clerval in two episodes of television miniseries, Frankenstein.
Dan Stevens Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Film – If… (1968)
- Favorite TV Shows – The Wire, The West Wing, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad
- Favorite Book – Matilda by Roald Dahl
- Favorite Poets – Beat Poets, William Blake, Seamus Heaney
- Favorite Expensive Indulgence – Traveling
- Favorite Beverage – English Breakfast Tea, Coffee
- Favorite Food – Fast Food, Chocolate
Dan Stevens Net worth
Dan Stevens has an estimated net worth of $4 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dan Stevens
- Dan earned a Saturn Award for Best Actor nomination for his performance.
- Dan was one of the judges for the Man Booker Prize (Fiction).
- Dan speaks French and German.
- Dan starred as Nick Guest in the BBC adaptation of Alan Hollinghurst’s Booker Prize-winning novel The Line of Beauty.
- In 2006, he made his acting with the drama television miniseries, The Line of Beauty that was first broadcast on BBC Two.
- In November 2011, Dan guest-hosted an episode of Have I Got News for You.
- In 2013, he played the role as Gilbert Evans in the romantic drama film, Summer in February directed by Christopher Menaul.
- In 2014, Dan played a simulacrum of Sir Lancelot in the comedy film Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb.
- In February 2016, Dan was cast in the lead role of David Charles Haller in the FX series Legion.
- In 2017, he made his acting with the romantic comedy-drama film, Permission written and directed by Brian Crano.
- In 2018, Dan starred in the Netflix thriller film Apostle, directed by Gareth Huw Evans.
- In 2020, Dan co-starred alongside Harrison Ford in The Call of the Wild in which she played the role of Hal.