Frank Iero is an American musician who is the rhythm guitarist and backup vocalist of the rock band My Chemical Romance and post-hardcore band Leathermouth. He has a solo project titled Frank Iero and the Future Violents (formerly frnkiero andthe cellabration and Frank Iero and the Patience). On August 26, 2014, Frank released his debut solo album titled Stomachaches.
Frank Anthony Iero, Jr.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter
Alternative Rock, Emo, Pop-Punk, Post-Hardcore, Punk Rock, Hardcore Punk
Guitar, Bass, Vocals
Reprise, Eyeball Records, Epitaph, Skeleton Crew, Warner Bros.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Frank Iero was born on the 31st of October 1981, in Belleville, New Jersey, United States.
He’s currently 38 years old.
Frank attended Queen of Peace High School, a Catholic school in New Jersey. Later, he went to Rutgers University on a scholarship but dropped out to go on tour with My Chemical Romance.
- Father – Frank Iero (Musician)
- Mother – Linda Iero
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Frank Iero has dated –
- Jamia Nestor (2006-Present) – In May 2006, Frank began dating his wife Jamia Nestor after he proposed her during the recording of The Black Parade. In February 2007, they got married in a small wedding ceremony attended by family and close friends. They have three children together, twin daughters, Cherry and Lily, (b. September 2010) and a son, Miles (b. April 2012).
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 64 kg
- In Pounds – 141 lbs
His wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
Frank became known after appearing the album The Black Parade peaked at the number two position on the UK Albums Chart and the US Billboard 200. The album reached the number one position on the US Rock Albums chart. It also received the Platinum Europe Award.
On July 23, 2002, Frank released his first studio album, I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love with the band My Chemical Romance. The album sold over 100,000 copies and was certified Gold by BPI.
In August 2014, Frank released his solo music album, Stomachaches on Staple Records. The album spawned three hit singles and featured 12 tracks.
In 2015, Frank made his first acting role in a supporting role in the crime thriller, Addiction: A 60’s Love Story.
In March 2007, Frank along with the members of his band My Chemical Romance appeared on the talk show, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
Frank Iero Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Tom Hanks, Johnny Depp
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Singer – Justin Timberlake
- Favorite Stomachaches Single – Neverenders
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Chinese Food, Pizza
Frank Iero Net worth
Frank Iero has an estimated net worth of $16 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Frank Iero
- His father and grandfather used to be drummers. In fact, he also used to play drums while growing up and later transitioned to guitar.
- Frank got his first electric guitar on his 11th birthday as a present from his dad. It was an off-white 1979 Fernandes Strat Copy.
- He got his start as a guitarist, playing in local bands around New Jersey and later joined the punk band Pencey Prep.
- Iero has got portrays of his grandfather and grandmother tattooed by famous ink artist Kat Von D. These tattoos have been featured in her book, High Voltage Tattoo.
- In 2003, Frank gave the backing vocals for the track Black Duct Tape from the album Your Murder Mixtape of the hardcore punk and metalcore band named, The Banner.
- In 2006, the band came out with their studio album titled, The Black Parade which was created in a rock opera format. The album was one of their most successful attempts.
- In 2008, the animal rights group PETA named him on the list of Sexiest Vegetarians of the Year.
- Frank is an avid tattoo lover and has got many tattoos all over his body, including logos of the bands, Black Flag and The Misfits and many more.
- In January 2009, Iero fronted the hardcore punk quintet, Leathermouth who released their debut album XO on Epitaph Records.
- In December 2010, Frank disassociated himself from Skeleton Crew a record company that he and his wife had founded earlier.
- In 2012, he gave the vocals and played the guitar for the track, This Song Is a Curse for Frankenweenie Unleashed!: Music Inspired by the Motion Picture.
- In 2013, Iero joined hand with James Dewees to work on a new project, a digital hardcore act called Death Spells.
- In October 2016, Frank was involved in a serious accident after his tour van crashed with a bus while on its way to Sydney. He escaped unhurt but two men from the entourage of his band Frank Iero and the Patience had to be airlifted.
- In March 2017, Iero posted a message on his Twitter account urging his fans to respect his privacy after a couple of high-speed taxi chases to his band’s hotels and train sessions.
- On December 31, 2018, Iero announced his new solo moniker, Frank Iero and the Future Violents.