Taylor Momsen is an American musician, singer, model and former actress. She is known for portraying the character of Jenny Humphrey on The CW’s teen drama series Gossip Girl and Cindy Lou Who in the film How the Grinch Stole Christmas. She is also known for being the lead singer and front woman of the American rock band The Pretty Reckless.
Taylor Michel Momsen
Tay-Tay Momsen, TayMom, Tay, Death, Little J
Musician, Singer-Songwriter, Actress, Model
Birthday / Date of Birth
Taylor Momsen was born on July 26, 1993 in St. Louis, Missouri, United States.
She is currently 25 years old.
Momsen attended Our Lady of Lourdes School and Winston Churchill High School, Missouri, United States.
- Father – Michael Momsen
- Mother – Collette Momsen
- Relatives – Sloane Momsen (Younger Sister) (Actress)
As a model, Taylor was signed with IMG Models – New York, when she was 14. She was the face of British fashion chain New Look for its spring/summer 2010 collection. She was the model for John Galliano’s new women’s fragrance in autumn 2010. As a musician, she is signed with DAS Communications, Ltd.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Taylor Momsen dated –
- Skandar Keynes (2008) – In 2008, Taylor was RUMORed to be dating British actor, Skandar Keynes (Best known for starring as Edmund Pevensie in the Chronicles of Narnia film series since 2005). They were photographed together, coming close to each other. But, none of them ever approved about their relationship status.
- Natt Weller (2010) – Again this was a RUMOR that she was dating UK based DJ and singer, Natt Weller in 2010.
- Jack Osbourne (2010) – RUMOR. She had a fling with Jack Osbourne in October 2010.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 55 kg
- In Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 32-23-33
- Bust – 32 inches
- Waist – 23 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
Her dress size is 4 (US).
She wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
Her role as Jenny Humphrey in American teen drama TV series Gossip Girl. She was a main cast member for Seasons 1 to 4 from 2007 to 2010 and was a guest star in season 6 in 2012. She appeared in a total of 88 episodes.
In 1999, film The Prophet’s Game for her role as Honey Bee Swan. Although, her next film How the Grinch Stole Christmas in 2000 was a success and she was nominated for 3 awards.
She is the member of American alternative rock band The Pretty Reckless, which released its first album in UK in 2010 titled Light Me Up. It debuted at number 6 in UK and number 18 in Ireland.
She acted in American TV series Early Edition (1996-2000) for her role as Allie. She got a chance to appear in 1998 in just 1 episode titled “A Minor Miracle” in Season 2, Episode 11.
New Look (London), Material Girl (2010), Parlez-moi d’Amour Perfume, Samantha Thavasa Bags.
Taylor Momsen Favorite
- Favorite Perfume – Tom Ford’s Black Orchid
- Favorite Snack – Animal Crackers Dipped in Wwater
- Favorite Idols – Robert Plant, John Lennon, Kurt Cobain
- Favorite Bands – Led Zeppelin, Oasis, Joan Jett, The Beatles, John Lennon, Blondie, Garbage, Pink Floyd
- Favorite Accessories – Leather Jacket, Platform shoes/boots/heels, Long blonde extensions, Dressy Lingerie
Taylor Momsen Net Worth
Taylor Momsen’s net worth has accumulated to approximately $5 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Taylor Momsen
- Taylor Momsen began acting professionally at 3 years of age appearing in the Shake N’ Bake commercial.
- Taylor Momsen has stated that “music is where I can be me”.
- She has a dog named Petal.
- In 2000, Momsen played the role of Cindy Lou Who in Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas, her breakout role.
- In 2002, she was given the role of Gretel in the motion picture: Hansel and Gretel, as well as Alexandra, the President’s daughter, in Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams.
- She has signed with Interscope records.
- In June 2008, at the age of fourteen, Momsen signed to IMG Models. She was the face of British fashion chain New Look for its spring/summer 2010 collection.
- In 2010, she appeared in a video for Galliano’s “Parlez-Moi d’Amour” fragrance ad campaign.
- She wants to major in Language Arts, as told by her to Teen Vogue.
- She fronts the rock band “The Pretty Reckless”.
- On August 16, 2011, she told Elle magazine that she quit her acting to focus on her music career.
- She had also auditioned for the title role in Hannah Montana, and she was also in top three. But, finally, that role was awarded to Miley Cyrus.
- In November 30, 2012, it was announced that The Pretty Reckless’ fourth single “Kill Me” would be released on December 11. The track was the last song to be featured in the Gossip Girlseries finale.