Lorde is a New Zealand singer, songwriter and record producer. Taking inspiration from aristocracy for her stage name, she is known for employing unconventional musical styles and thoughtful songwriting. Lorde expressed interest in performing at local venues in her early teens. She signed with Universal Music Group in 2009 and collaborated with producer Joel Little in 2011 to start recording material. In 2013, the New Zealander was placed in Time’s list of Most Influential Teenagers in the World.
Ella Maria Lani Yelich-O’Connor
Art Pop, Electronica, Electropop, Indie Pop, Minimal
UMG, Lava, Republic
Birthday / Date of Birth
Lorde was born on the 7th of November 1996, in Devonport, Auckland, New Zealand.
She’s currently 26 years old.
She has Croatian and Irish ancestry.
Lorde studied at Vauxhall School and then at Belmont Intermediate School in Auckland, New Zealand.
- Father – Vic O’Connor (Civil Engineer)
- Mother – Sonja Yelich (Prize-winning New Zealand poet)
- Siblings – Jerry Yelich-O’Connor (Older Sister), India Yelich-O’Connor (Younger Sister), Angelo Yelich-O’Connor (Younger Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lorde has dated –
- James Lowe (2013-2016) – In 2013, Lorde started dating photographer James Lowe. He is based in Auckland, New Zealand (from where Lorde belongs) and is eight years her senior. She started dating him before the start of her music career. In January 2016, they were speculated to have separated after they weren’t seen together on their Instagram posts for several months.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 61 kg
- In Pounds – 134½ lbs
- Measurements – 34-27-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 27 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Lorde debut single Royals, which made a record of standing at the Billboard and iTunes charts for straight seven weeks.
In September 2013, Lorde came up with her debut studio album titled Pure Heroine. The album was again released on December 13, 2013 with an extended version. It charted at #1 New Zealand, and Australia, #2 in Canada, #3 in USA, #4 in UK. She successfully sold 797,000 albums just in U.S.
Lorde song Royals has also made it to the Samsung’s adverts. The song appeared in Samsung’s Galaxy Note 3 commercial in October 2013.
Lorde Net worth
Lorde has a estimated net worth of $18 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lorde
- Her interests in acting and singing aroused at the age of 5 when she entered into a drama group with her friend.
- As Lorde’s mom is a poet, she always has guided her to read books.
- At the age of 12, Lorde read books written by writers Raymond Carver and Kurt Vonnegut.
- She is a self-identified feminist.
- She sold her music publishing rights to Songs Music Publishing in a deal signed for $2.5 million. Now, her songs can appear in films and advertising.
- She has assisted in raising funds for Typhoon Haiyan. In December 2013, she again helped in raising money for a community in Devonport in New Zealand.
- Her favorite singer are Katy Perry.
- In 2013, the New Zealander was placed in Time’s list of Most Influential Teenagers in the World.
- In November 2013, the New Zealander signed a deal with Songs Music Publishing.
- In December 2017, Lorde cancelled her concert in Israel following a campaign by Palestinian activists supporting the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions campaign. This online campaign incorporated an open letter by both the Palestinian New Zealander activist Nadia Abu-Shanab and the Jewish New Zealander activist Justine Sachs urging Lorde to cancel her tour citing the Israeli government’s oppressive policies. After cancelling her tour, Lorde also issued a statement on her Twitter account thanking fans and followers for educating her about Israel-Palestine.