Dhanush is an Indian film actor, producer, director, writer, lyricist, screenwriter and playback singer who usually works in Tamil cinema. He has also starred in a couple Hindi films. Over the last 15 years, Dhanush has starred in over 25 films. Dhanush won the Best Actor award at the 58th National Film Awards for his performance in Aadukalam. In 2011, Dhanush’s popular song “Why this Kolaveri Di” became the first Indian music video to cross 100 million views on YouTube. Dhanush produces films through his production company, Wunderbar Films. In addition to his best actor award, he has a national award for a movie he produced, Visaranai. He has also won seven Filmfare Awards.
Venkatesh Prabhu Kasturi Raja
Dhanush, Bruce Lee of Kollywood
Actor, Producer, Director, Writer, Lyricist, Screenwriter, Playback Singer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Dhanush was born on the 28th of July 1983, in Theni, Tamil Nadu, India.
He’s currently 36 years old.
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Dhanush attended Thai Sathiya Matriculation High School, Saligramam and later to St. John’s Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Alwarthirunagar. He later transferred to JRK Matriculation Higher Secondary School in Vadapalani, Chennai for 12th State Board Exams.
- Father – Kasthuri Raja (Film Director)
- Mother – Vijayalakshmi
- Siblings – Selvaraghavan (Film Director) (Older Brother) Vimala Geetha (Sister), Karthika Devi (Sister)
- Relatives – Rajinikanth (Actor) (Father-in-Law) Anirudh Ravichander (Musician) (Cousin) Soundarya Rajinikanth (Filmmaker) (Sister-In-Law) Hrishikesh (cousin)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dhanush dated –
- Aishwarya R. (2004–Present) – Dhanush married Aishwarya, eldest daughter of Rajinikanth, on 18 November 2004. His wife is two years older than him. They have two sons named Yatra, born in 2006 and Linga, born in 2010.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 70 kg
- In Pounds – 154 lbs
- Measurements – 38-11-30
- Chest – 38 in or 100 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 11 in or 28 cm
- Waist – 30 in or 76 cm
He wears a size 10 (US) shoe.
His popular number Why This Kolaveri Di was the first Indian music video to surpass 100 million views on YouTube.
In 2002, Dhanush made his onscreen acting debut in his father Kasthuri Raja’s teen coming of age film, Thulluvadho Ilamai.
As a playback singer, Dhanush first lent his voice for the song Naatu Sarakku in the film Pudhukottaiyilirundhu Saravanan under Yuvan Shankar Raja music.
He hasn’t appeared in any TV series other than promotional talk shows.
In August 2013, he was made the brand ambassador for Perfetti India’s Center Fresh.
- Favorite Actors – Rajinikanth, Mohan Lal, Amitabh Bachchan, Al Pacino
- Favorite Actress – Kajol, Kareena Kapoor
- Favorite Musician – Ilayaraja
- Favorite Films – Netri Kann, Baasha, Pudhupettai, Drushyam
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Book – Love Story by Erich Sega
- Favorite Sport – Football, Snooker, Tennis
- Favorite Football Club – FC Barcelona
- Favorite Food – South Indian Food
Dhanush Net worth
Dhanush has an estimated net worth of $20 million dollars as of 2019. He charges Rs 10 to 15 crore per film as remuneration. He lives in a luxurious house located in T. Nagar, Chennai. He has a large fleet of exotic cars from luxury car makers including Audi A8, Jaguar XE, Bently Continental Flying Spur, Rolls Royce Ghost Series II and Harley Davidson.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dhanush
- Though Dhanush was born into the family of the filmmakers, he was never interested in acting instead he wanted to be a Marine Engineer.
- Dhanush acted at the age of 16 in a film Thulluvadho Ilamai directed by his father.
- His wife Aishwarya is 2 years older than him.
- At the age of 26, he is the youngest actor who got The National Award.
- Dhanush won his first National Film Award for Best Actor at the 58th National Film Awards for his performance in the film Aadukalam, directed by Vetri Maran.
- He has won three National Film Awards for his films Aadukalam (Actor), Kakka Muttai (Producer) and Visaranai (Producer).
- In 2011, his song Kolaveri Di made him a household name and became the first Indian video to cross 100 million views.
- In 2011, he was awarded as the hottest vegetarian by PETA.
- In August 2013, Dhanush was signed by Perfetti India Ltd. as their brand ambassador for Center Fresh chewing gum.