Bhumi Pednekar is an Indian film actress. After working as an assistant casting director at Yash Raj Films for six years, Pednekar made her film debut as an overweight bride in the company’s romantic comedy Dum Laga Ke Haisha which earned her the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut. Pednekar rose to prominence by portraying a headstrong woman in Toilet: Ek Prem Katha which ranks among the highest grossing Indian films and Shubh Mangal Saavdhan for which she received a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Bhumi Pednekar was born on the 18th of July 1989, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
She is currently 30 years old.
She has Maharashtrian and Haryanvi ancestry.
Bhumi attended Arya Vidya Mandir School and went to Whistling Woods International Institute of Film, Communication & Media Arts, Mumbai to complete her graduation. However, Pednekar was expelled from the institute due to poor attendance. Later she got herself enrolled in the University of Mumbai to pursue a Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.).
- Father – Satish Pednekar
- Mother – Sumitra Pednekar
- Siblings – Samiksha Pednekar (Younger Twin Sister) (Lawyer)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bhumi Pednekar has dated –
- Jackky Bhagnani (2019) – Speculations about producer and actor Jackky Bhagnani and Bhumi Pednekar started to surface sometime in August 2019. There had also been rumors of Bhumi finding the love of her life in the past as well. However, when asked about the rumors if they are true, she stated that the only relationship she had was with her work.
- Vicky Kaushal (2019) – In the same year, she was also linked with her co-star Vicky Kaushal in 2019. According to sources, they grew close to one another during the shoot the horror film Bhoot Part One- The Haunted Ship, which was released under Karan Johar‘s film banner.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 60 kg
- In Pounds – 132 lbs
- Measurements – 34-28-36
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 28 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
Her dress size is 6 (US).
She wears a size 5.5 (US) shoe.
Pednekar rose to prominence by portraying a headstrong woman in Toilet: Ek Prem Katha (2017), which ranks among the highest grossing Indian films and Shubh Mangal Saavdhan (2017), for which she received a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress.
In 2015, Bhumi made her debut theatrical film appearance as Sandhya Varma in Dum Laga Ke Haisha. She worked along with the likes of leading actor Ayushmann Khurana, Sanjay Mishra and Seema Pahwa.
In 2019, she made her first television show appearance as Herself on Koffee with Karan.
Bhumi has appeared in commercials for various brands such as Dell, V Mart (Alongside Ayushmann Khurana) & Sofy. Through her social media, Bhumi has either promoted or endorsed multiple brands and designers such as Anoli Shah, Charles & Keith, Jimmy Choo, Candyskin, Nupur Kanoi, Ponds and Silver Streak.
Awards & Nominations
|2016||Dum Laga Ke Haisha||Filmfare Awards||Best Female Debut||Won|
|Producers Guild Film Awards||Best Female Debut||Won|
|Screen Awards||Best Female Debut||Won|
|Zee Cine Awards||Best Female Debut||Won|
|Stardust Awards||Superstar of Tomorrow – Female||Won|
|BIG Star Entertainment Awards||Most Entertaining Actor in a Social Role – Female||Won|
|International Indian Film Academy Awards||Best Female Debut||Won|
|2018||Toilet: Ek Prem Katha||Zee Cine Awards||Best Actor – Female (Viewer’s Choice)||Nominated|
|Best Actor – Female (Jury’s Choice)||Nominated|
|Shubh Mangal Saavdhan||Screen Awards||Best Actor – Female (Popular)||Nominated|
|Filmfare Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|News18 Reel Movie Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|International Indian Film Academy Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
Bhumi Pednekar Favorites
- Favorite Actors – Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan
- Favorite Actress – Priyanka Chopra
- Favorite Destination – Ibiza
- Favorite Style Icon – Marilyn Monroe
- Favorite Drink – Nimbu Paani
- Favorite Film – Raja Hindustani
- Favorite Disney Character – Ariel
- Favorite Colors – Red
- Favorite Food – Butter Chicken, Dal Makhni, Chocolates, Pizza, Bharta
- Favorite Hobbies – Reading, Practicing Yoga
Bhumi Pednekar Net worth
Bhumi Pednekar has an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bhumi Pednekar
- Since her younger days, Bhumi was not encouraged with trans-fat things like coca-cola or chocolates.
- Bhumi was 12 years old when she started to develop an interest in acting. At the age of 16, she started to desperately seek ways to avoid being sent off abroad.
- Growing up, she looked up to actress and dancer Madhuri Dixit beauty regime.
- When she was told by Yash Raj films to give a demo for Dum Laga Ke Haisha, she had no idea that she was being tested for the film, she thought it was just to demo other actors about the role. Later she gave around 100 auditions for this role.
- She was 18 years old when she started working at Yash Raj Films. Bhumi worked there for 6 years as a casting director before making her debut in Dum Laga Ke Haisha in 2015.
- Pednekar gained 25 kg of weight for her role in the film Dum Laga Ke Haisha. She subsequently lost 27 kg of weight after the film was released.
- She has seen Kamaal Rashid Khan a.k.a KRK’s Deshdrohi around 100 times.
- Bhumi has also featured in the Netflix film Lust Stories in which she played a maid who had an affair with her employer.
- She’s a huge fan of football star Lionel Messi.
- Bhumi draws her style from the American fashion model Gigi Hadid and Marilyn Monroe.
- In 2018, Pednekar was featured by Forbes India in their 30 Under 30 list.