Anya Taylor-Joy is an American-born English-Argentine actress and model. She is known for her roles as Thomasin in the 2015 period horror film The Witch, as Casey Cooke in the horror-thriller films Split and Glass and as Lily in the 2017 black comedy thriller film Thoroughbreds. Taylor-Joy was the 2017 winner of the Cannes Film Festival’s Trophée Chopard and has been nominated for several other awards.
Anya Josephine Marie Taylor-Joy
Actress, Model, Former Ballet Dancer
Argentine, British, American
Birthday / Date of Birth
Anya Taylor-Joy was born on the 16th of April 1996, in Miami, Florida, United States.
She’s currently 23 years old.
On her father’s side, she has Scottish and Argentine ancestry while on her mother’s side, she is of Spanish and English descent.
Anya attended the preparatory school Hill House in Kensington before attending the Northlands School in Argentina and Queen’s Gate School in London. At age 16, she dropped out of high school to pursue career in modeling and acting.
- Father – Former International Banker.
- Mother – Worked in photography and interior design.
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anya Taylor-Joy has dated –
- Eoin Macken – Anya hasn’t spilled a word about her affairs, there are growing rumors that she’s dating Irish filmmaker and actor, Eoin Macken for quite a few years now.
- In feet – 5 feet 6½ inches
- In centimeters – 169 cm
- In meters – 1.69 m
- In Kilograms – 55 kg
- In Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 33-26-34
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Anya is known for her roles as Thomasin in the 2015 period horror film The Witch, as Casey Cooke in the horror-thriller films Split (2016) and as Lily in the 2017 black comedy thriller film Thoroughbreds. Taylor-Joy was the 2017 winner of the Cannes Film Festival’s Trophée Chopard and has been nominated for several other awards.
In 2014, She made her first film appearance in an uncredited role of a feeder girl in Vampire Academy. She played the role of a feeder girl, but her scenes didn’t make it to the final cut. Her portions were only featured in the deleted scenes of the movie.
In 2014, Anya had guest starred in the role of Philippa Collins-Davidson in an episode of detective drama series Endeavour.
Anya has not appeared in a commercial for any brand yet.
Awards & Nominations
|2016||The Witch||Gotham Independent Film Awards||Breakthrough Actor||Won|
|Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association||Best Youth Performance||Nominated|
|San Diego Film Critics Society||Breakthrough Artist||Nominated|
|Austin Film Critics Association||Breakthrough Artist Award||Nominated|
|Phoenix Film Critics Society||Best Youth Performance||Nominated|
|Fright Meter Awards||Best Actress in a Leading Role||Won|
|Golden Shmoes||Breakthrough Performance of the Year||2nd place|
|BloodGuts UK Horror Awards||Breakthrough Artist Award||Nominated|
|IGN Summer Movie Awards||Best Movie Actress||Nominated|
|International Online Cinema||Best Actress||Nominated|
|New Mexico Film Critics||Best Young Actress||Won|
|2017||The Witch||Empire||Best Female Newcomer||Won|
|Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Films||Best Performance by a Younger Actor||Nominated|
|Fangoria Chainsaw Awards||Fangoria Chainsaw Award for Best Actress||Won|
|Online Film & Television Association||Best Breakthrough Performance – Female||Nominated|
|Seattle Film Critics Awards||Best Youth Performance||Won|
|Herself||British Academy of Film and Television Arts||BAFTA Rising Star Award||Nominated|
|London Critics Circle||Young British/Irish Performer of the Year||Nominated|
|Central Ohio Film Critics Association||Breakthrough Film Artist||Nominated|
|Cannes Film Festival||Trophée Chopard||Won|
|Gold Derby Awards||Best Breakthrough Performer||Nominated|
|2018||Split||BloodGuts UK Horror Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|Thoroughbreds||International Online Cinema||Best Actress||Nominated|
|2019||Herself||London Critics Circle||Young British/Irish Performer of the Year||Nominated|
Anya Taylor-Joy Favorites
- Favorite TV Shows – Dawson’s Creek (1998-2003), Freaks and Geeks (1999-2000), 8 Simple Rules (2002-2005)
- Favorite Comedy Movie – Undercover Blues (1993)
- Favorite Emoji – Unicorn, Twisted Snake, Pizza, Bearded Shrimp
- Favorite Celebrity Girl Crush – Winona Ryder, Angelina Jolie, Tilda Swinton
- Favorite Role Model – Tilda Swinton, Cate Blanchett
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Truffles, Vegan Truffle Pizza
Anya Taylor-Joy Net worth
Anya Taylor-Joy has an estimated net worth of $1.5 million dollars as of 2019. She is receiving $100k-$200k for her current roles.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anya Taylor-Joy
- At age 6, she moved to London, who that time spoke only Spanish. She managed to learn English in her school.
- Her first acting performance was in the primary school production of Perkin and the Pastry Cook. She was cast in the role of Perkin.
- She has been a vegetarian since the age of 10 and became a vegan in 2015. Despite that, she has no problems with eating honey and eggs.
- Anya learned ballet until she decided to quit at the age of 16. She doesn’t want ballet to take over her acting passion.
- As a teen, she was into modeling for few years before she landed a role in the horror comedy movie Vampire Academy.
- Anya got her break with the movie The Witch in 2015. For her work in the movie, she received nominations for 16 awards and went on to win six of them.
- She starred in Vikram Gandhi’s film Barry, which focused on a young Barack Obama in 1981 New York City. Taylor-Joy played one of Obama’s close friends.
- Taylor-Joy can play the ukulele and likes to write songs in her free time. She has also learned to play electric guitar.
- In 2016, Taylor-Joy starred in the sci-fi–horror film, Morgan, directed by Luke Scott.
- Taylor-Joy was the lead actress in the music video for Skrillex’s remix of GTA’s song Red Lips. She was nominated for the 2017 BAFTA Rising Star Award.
- In 2019, she reprised her role as Casey in the film Glass.
- She will also star in The Sea Change, as well as in the Netflix miniseries The Queen’s Gambit.