Timothée Chalamet is an American actor. He began his acting career in short films, before appearing in the television drama series Homeland in 2012. Two years later, he made his feature film debut in the drama Men, Women & Children and subsequently appeared in Christopher Nolan’s science-fiction film Interstellar. Chalamet breakthrough came for his lead role as Elio Perlman in Luca Guadagnino’s romantic drama Call Me by Your Name. It earned him a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Actor, making him the third-youngest nominee in the category. He portrayed a drug-addicted teenager in the drama Beautiful Boy, earning a nomination for the BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role, King Henry V in the period drama The King and collaborated with Greta Gerwig in the coming-of-age films Lady Bird and Little Women.
Teemo, Timothy, Tim, Timmy
Birthday / Date of Birth
Timothee Chalamet was born on 27th of December 1995, in New York City, New York, United States.
He’s currently 24 years old.
He has French ancestry on his dad’s side and is of half Russian Jewish and half Austrian Jewish descent on his mom’s side.
While pursing high school, Chalamet joined the Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts and graduated in 2013. Later he enrolled at Columbia University straight out of high school. After a year of studies, he later transferred and briefly attended Gallatin School of Individualized Study of New York University of Individualized Study in order to more freely pursue his acting career.
- Father – Marc Chalamet (Editor for UNICEF)
- Mother – Nicole Flender (Yale-graduated real estate broker; formerly a Broadway dancer)
- Siblings – Pauline (Older Sister) (Actress)
- Relatives – Rodman Flender (Uncle) (Harvard-educated director), Amy Lippman (Aunt)(Television Producer and writer), Harold Flender (Maternal Grandfather) (Screenwriter)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Timothée Chalamet has dated –
- Lourdes Leon (2013-2014) – Timothée Chalamet and the daughter of singer Madonna, Lourdes Leon started dating in March 2013. After dating for about a year, they called it quits in March 2014.
- Lily-Rose Depp (2018-Present) – In 2018, Timothée had started dating French model and actress, Lily-Rose Depp. Their relationship was confirmed when they publicly kissed each other in October 2018 during an outing in New York City.
- In feet – 5 feet 11½ inches
- In centimeters – 182 cm
- In meters – 1.82 m
- In Kilograms – 68 kg
- In Pounds – 150 lbs
Unfortunately, we do have any information on Timothée’s body specs like chest, biceps and waist.
Green with a Hint of Hazel
His shoe size is 10 (US).
Chalamet’s breakthrough came for his lead role as Elio Perlman in Luca Guadagnino’s romantic drama Call Me by Your Name (2017). It earned him a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Actor, making him the third-youngest nominee in the category.
In 2014, Timothee first theatrical film appearance was in the drama film Men, Women & Children in the role of Danny Vance. Following that, he portrayed role of Tom Cooper, the son of Matthew McConaughey’s character, in Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar.
In 2009, Timothee played Eric Foley on the NBC police procedural series Law & Order in an episode title Pledge.
Timothée has not appeared in a commercial for any brand yet.
Timothée Chalamet Favorites
- Favorite Director – Christoper Nolan
Timothée Chalamet Net worth
Timothée Chalamet has an estimated net worth of $6 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Timothée Chalamet
- Chalamet spent his childhood summers in France and thus he is fluent in French.
- To play the role of an young Italian man, Timothée learned to speak Italian, play the guitar and practiced playing the piano.
- Timothee is actor Steve Carell‘s biggest fan.
- For his performance in Lady Bird, he received nominations for a SAG Award and a Critics’ Choice Movie Award.
- To play Spider-Man, he was also considered besides Tom Holland but eventually, he lost the role to Tom.
- In 2014, he made his feature film debut in a minor role in Jason Reitman’s critically panned Men, Women & Children.
- In 2014, Chalamet played the younger version of the co-lead role in Worst Friends, a comedy which had a limited theatrical release and received positive reviews.
- In 2015, Chalamet co-starred in Andrew Droz Palermo’s fantasy-thriller One & Two, playing the role of Zac, a son who along with his sister, begins to explore unusual abilities and dark family secrets when their mother falls ill.
- In February 2016, Chalamet has starred in John Patrick Shanley’s autobiographical play Prodigal Son at Manhattan Theatre Club, for which he was nominated for a Drama League Award and won a Lucille Lortel Award.
- In October 2017, he revealed that he would be donating his entire A Rainy Day in New York salary to the Time’s Up initiative against harassment and assault, LGBT Center of New York and RAINN. He made this after sexual assault allegations against Woody Allen.
- In 2018, Chalamet was invited to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- As of December 2019, Chalamet has three upcoming projects. He will star as the main character Paul Atreides in Denis Villeneuve’s adaptation of the science fiction novel Dune and in Wes Anderson’s ensemble drama The French Dispatch, which will mark his third appearance with Ronan. Chalamet will make his West End theatre debut in April 2020, in Amy Herzog’s play 4000 Miles, co-starring Eileen Atkins.