Vaani Kapoor is an Indian actress known for her work in Bollywood films produced by Yash Raj Films. She made her film debut in the 2013 romantic comedy Shuddh Desi Romance, a critical and commercial success, which earned her Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut. She went on to star in the company’s romantic comedies Aaha Kalyanam and Befikre. In 2019, she appeared in War an action-thriller film starring Hrithik Roshan and Tiger Shroff.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Vaani Kapoor was born on the 23rd of August 1988, in New Delhi, India.
She is currently 31 years old.
Vaani attended Mata Jai Kaur Public School, Ashok Vihar in North Delhi and later she enrolled in Indira Gandhi National Open University, completing a bachelor’s degree in tourism studies, after which she took up an internship with Oberoi Hotels & Resorts in Jaipur and later worked for ITC Hotel. She was signed by the Elite Model Management for modeling projects.
- Father – Shiv Kapoor (Businessman)
- Mother – Dimpy Kapoor (Teacher, Marketing Executive)
- Siblings – Nupur Chopra (Elder Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Vaani Kapoor has dated –
- Aditya Chopra – In the early years of Vaani career, there were rumours that she was dating director and producer, Aditya Chopra.
- Nikhil Thampi – There were rumours that she was dating fashion designer, Nikhil Thampi.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-36
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
Dark Brown (Natural)
Her dress size is 4 (US).
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Vaani started her career in modelling with Elite Model Management and she worked with renowned fashion designers like Payal Singhal and Sailex Nairangbam.
In 2013, she debuted as an actor in the Bollywood movie Shuddh Desi Romance for her role as Tara. In 2014, she debuted in Tamil movie Aaha Kalyanam, which was the remake of Bollywood movie Band Baaja Baaraat (2010).
Vaani hasn’t appeared in any television show yet.
As a model, she has been featured in various product catalogs, modelling campaigns. She did many television commercials including Cadbury Dairy Milk Silk, Oppo Mobiles and Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri Jewellery.
Awards & Nominations
|2013||BIG Star Entertainment Awards||Most Entertaining Film Debut (Female)||Shuddh Desi Romance||Won|
|2014||Filmfare Award||Best Female Debut|
|International Indian Film Academy Awards||Star Debut of the Year (Female)|
|Screen Awards||Best Female Debut||Nominated|
|Star Guild Awards||Best Female Debut||Won|
|Zee Cine Awards||Best Female Debut|
|Best Actor in a Supporting Role – Female||Nominated|
Vaani Kapoor Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Bradley Cooper, Hrithik Roshan
- Favorite Actress – Rekha, Madhuri Dixit
- Favorite Destination – Paris
- Favorite Colors – Black, White
- Favorite Song – Paani Da Rang by Vicky Donor
- Favorite Singer – Adele
- Favorite Director – Rajkumar Hirani, Yash Chopra
- Favorite Food – North-Indian Cuisines, Italian Cuisines
Vaani Kapoor Net worth
Vaani Kapoor has an estimated net worth of $1.5 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vaani Kapoor
- She revealed that her father used to believe that girls should get married at an early age. Her elder sister got married at the age of 18, but Vaani refused to do so.
- Vaani is a popular Indian actress and a former model.
- She started her career as a model with Elite Model Management and has worked as a model with ace designers like Payal Singhal and Sailex Nairangbam.
- She appeared in many TV commercials including Cadbury Dairy Milk Silk, Oppo Mobiles and Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri Jewellery.
- Her long time best friend Raashi Khanna and they post pictures together on their social media accounts.
- She is an animal lover and her favorite pet is a cat.
- She was featured on the cover of popular magazines like Maxim, FHM, Cosmopolitan, Femina Wedding Times, Elle, Vogue and Femina.
- In 2016, Kapoor appeared in Aditya Chopra’s romantic drama Befikre opposite Ranveer Singh.
- In 2017, she appeared in a Yash Raj remake music video titled Main Yaar Manana Ni.
- In 2019, she appeared in War an action-thriller film starring Hrithik Roshan and Tiger Shroff. The film is directed by Siddharth Anand and produced by Yash Raj Films. War set the record for the highest opening day collection for a Bollywood film in India and with a worldwide gross of over ₹450 crore, it became the highest grossing Bollywood film of 2019.
- She was roped in for the movie Shamshera (2020), starring Ranbir Kapoor and Sanjay Dutt.