Yami Gautam is an Indian film actress and model who predominantly appears in Hindi films. She has also appeared in a few Telugu, Kannada, Punjabi, Malayalam and Tamil films. In 2012, Gautam made her Bollywood debut with the film Vicky Donor. Gautam then starred as a strong wife in the action thriller Action Jackson, a young woman in the crime thriller Badlapur, a high-school girl in the romance Sanam Re, a blind woman in the romantic thriller Kaabil. Her highest grossing release came with the action thriller Uri: The Surgical Strike, which finds place among the highest grossing Indian films of all time.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Yami Gautam was born on the 28th of November 1988, in Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh, India.
She is currently 30 years old.
Yami has Pahari ancestry on her mother’s side and Punjabi ancestry on her father’s side.
Yami completed her schooling and later got enrolled at the Punjab University for a course in law. She had aspired to join Indian Administrative Services (IAS) as a young girl, but at the age of 20, Yami decided to start her acting career. Though she was pursuing studies in Law Honors (first-year PU Student of law), she left full-time studies for acting. Recently, she has been doing her part-time graduation from Mumbai.
- Father – Mukesh Gautam (Director and Vice President of the PTC Punjabi Network)
- Mother – Anjali Gautam
- Siblings – Surilie Gautam (Younger Sister) (Actress), Ojas Gautam (Younger Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Yami Gautam has dated –
- Pulkit Samrat (2015-Present) – Actor Pulkit Samrat met Yami while shooting for the film Sanam Re in 2015. The two hit it off instantly and rumors of their romance spread like wildfire. Pulkit, who was married to Shweta, filed for divorce. Shweta went on to reveal that Yami was the cause for their marriage to end. There were rumors of Pulkit shifting his residence from Delhi to Mumbai to live with Yami.
- In feet – 5 feet 3½ inches
- In centimeters – 161 cm
- In meters – 1.61 m
- In Kilograms – 52 kg
- In Pounds – 114 lbs
- Measurements – 33-25-34
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
Her dress size is 5 (US).
She wears a size 5.5 (US) shoe.
Her versatile work as an actress in Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Punjabi, Kannada and Malayalam films.
Yami Gautam made her film debut in 2009 with the Kannada film, Ullasa Utsaha, as Mahalakshmi and she made her Bollywood debut with Vicky Donor in which she played the role of the Bengali girl Ashima Roy opposite Ayushmann Khurrana in 2012.
In 2008, the budding actress starred in an Indian daily soap, Chand Ke Paar Chalo that aired on NDTV Imagine and her television show debut as Princess Bhairavi in the mythological series Raajkumar Aaryyan.
Yami Gautam has appeared in numerous television commercials endorsing brands and products such as Fair & Lovely, Cornetto, Samsung Mobile, Chevrolet, Emami, Livin Blinds, P.C. Chandra Jewellers, KFC, SF Express, Amazon Fashion among others.
Awards & Nominations
|2012||5th Boroplus Gold Awards||Rising Film Stars From TV||Vicky Donor||Won|
|Bhaskar Bollywood Awards||Fresh Entry of the Year||Nominated|
|People’s Choice Awards India||Favorite Debut Actor (Male/Female)||Nominated|
|BIG Star Entertainment Awards||Most Entertaining Actor (Film) Debut – Female||Won|
|2013||ETC Bollywood Business Awards||Most Profitable Debut (Female)||Nominated|
|Filmfare Awards||Best Female Debut||Nominated|
|Screen Awards||Most Promising Newcomer – Female||Nominated|
|Zee Cine Awards||Best Female Debut||Won|
|Stardust Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Superstar of Tomorrow – Female||Nominated|
|Star Guild Awards||Best Female Debut||Nominated|
|Times of India Film Awards||Best Debut – Female||Nominated|
|IIFA Awards||Star Debut of the Year – Female||Won|
|2017||Lux Golden Rose Awards||Versatile Beauty of the Year Award||N/A||Nominated|
|Lux Golden Rose Awards||Break Through Performer Of The Year Award||Kaabil||Nominated|
Yami Gautam Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Hrithik Roshan, Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan
- Favorite Actress – Madhuri Dixit, Jessica Alba
- Favorite Destination – Paris
- Favorite Film – Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
- Favorite Fashion Designers – Rocky S, Sabyasachi, Masaba
- Favorite Perfume – Forever and Ever Dior
- Favorite Lipstick Brand – MAC, L’Oréal
- Favorite Idol – Tyra Banks
- Favorite Colors – White, Red, Black
- Favorite Hobbies – Reading, Interior Decoration, Listening to Music
- Favorite Food – Chamba ka Rajma
Yami Gautam Net worth
Yami Gautam has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2019. She charges Rs 1 to 2 crore per film and owns a Audi A4 car.
Social Media Portfolio
- Facebook – Yami Gautam
- Instagram – yamigautam
- Twitter – Yami Gautam
Some Lesser Known Facts About Yami Gautam
- Her father directed the popular show, India’s Most Wanted and was also the vice president of PTC channel in Punjab.
- She wanted to be an IAS officer when she was young but later she got inclined towards modelling and acting.
- In her free time, Yami enjoys reading, interior decoration and listening to music.
- She is family friends with actor Ayushmann Khurrana.
- Her father’s friend suggested her to try acting, who took pictures of her and sent across a few production houses in Mumbai. This was how, she got an offer to play the lead role in the television series Chand Ke Paar Chalo.
- Yami shifted base to Mumbai to pursue her passion for acting at the age of 20.
- She had her first crush on Hollywood actor Ben Affleck.
- Yami has so far worked in seven different language movies, including Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Marathi, Punjabi and Malayalam.
- She enjoys doing Hot Yoga in 40-degree heat.
- Her first ad commercial was for Fair & Lovely, which was directed by Anurag Basu.
- In 2013, she won the IIFA Awards for Star Debut of the Year- Female for her outstanding performance in the movie, Vicky Donor.
- In 2013, She was named as one of the Most Desirable Woman of 2012 by iTimes magazine.
- In 2015, Gautam appeared alongside Varun Dhawan and Nawazuddin Siddiqui in Sriram Raghavan’s action thriller Badlapur.