Joe Alwyn is an English actor. He is best known for his role in the film Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk. In 2018, he appeared in the period drama films Operation Finale, The Favourite, Boy Erased and Mary Queen of Scots.
Joseph Matthew Alwyn
Birthday / Date of Birth
Joe Alwyn was born on February 21, 1991 in North London, England, United Kingdom.
He is currently 28 years old.
His religious views aren’t known.
- Father – Was a documentary filmmaker.
- Mother – Was a psychotherapist.
- Siblings – Patrick Alwyn (Younger Brother), Thomas Alwyn (Younger Brother)
Joe Alwyn went to the City of London School.He was also enrolled at the University of Bristol, where he studied drama and English literature. After graduating from the university in 2012, he joined the Royal Central School of Speech & Drama.After a brief halt in studies due to a film project, he graduated in 2015 with a bachelor’s of art (Hons) degree in acting.
Joe Alwyn is represented by Creative Artists Agency & Independent Talent.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joe Alwyn has dated –
- Taylor Swift (2016-Present) – In May 2017, Joe Alwyn was pushed into more spotlight than he would have been comfortable with as the tabloids realized that he has been secretly dating pop star, Taylor Swift. It was alleged that they had been dating for several months. As she felt spotlight had an adverse effect on her previous relationships, she decided to keep her new love under wraps. She used to regularly fly to London to spend time with him and to keep it secret, she used to wear disguises. They had been introduced by Emma Stone with whom he was working in The Favorite. Whereas, some tabloids state that Gigi Hadid had served as the matchmaker. Joe had worked with her in a photoshoot for Vogue magazine in September 2016.
- In feet – 6 feet 1 inches
- In centimeters – 185 cm
- In meters – 1.85 m
- In Kilograms – 86 kg
- In Pounds – 190 lbs
- Measurements – 44-14-35
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
Being cast in the lead role in the war drama movie, Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk, in which he starred opposite Kristen Stewart. Having played the role of Adrian Finn Sr in the drama movie, The Sense of an Ending, which was based on a highly acclaimed Julian Barnes novel.
In 2016, he made his first film appearance as Billy Lynn in Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk.
In 2016, Joe made his TV show debut on the talk show, Today.
Joe Alwyn hasn’t endorsed any brand.
Joe Alwyn Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Tom Cruise
- Favorite Actress – Scarlett Johansson
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite Food – Sea Food
- Favorite Karaoke Songs – Anything by Eminem
Joe Alwyn Net worth
Joe Alwyn grew up mostly middle class, and he’s remained that way to date. We estimate Joe Alwyn net worth at around $400,000 dollars. That’s quite a contrast from Taylor Swift, who is worth over a quarter-billion dollars.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Joe Alwyn
- Alwyn might have had to wait a bit longer if Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk casting director Avy Kaufman and director Ang Lee hadn’t struck with initial decision to cast the well-known actor in the main role.
- Avy Kaufman put Joe on a flight to New York City on the same day he had seen his audition tape. As soon as he saw the tape, he was completely sure that they had found Billy.
- Ang Lee was almost off from casting him as he felt Joe was too good looking for the role but Joe’s earnestness swayed him.