Mona Singh is an Indian actress and television presenter. Singh first gained prominence in the 2000s for playing the eponymous heroine in the comedy series Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin. She has since starred in other television shows and is the recipient of two Indian Television Academy Awards. Singh is also known for participating and winning the first season of the reality series Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa and for playing Mona in Kya Huaa Tera Vaada, Preet Singh in Pyaar Ko Ho Jaane Do and Paridhi in Kavach… Kaali Shaktiyon Se. She made her film debut with a supporting role in Rajkumar Hirani’s comedy-drama 3 Idiots which is one of the highest grossing Indian films of all time.
Actress, Television Presenter
Birthday / Date of Birth
Mona Singh was born on the 8th of October 1981, in Chandigarh, India.
She’s currently 38 years old.
Mona did her schooling from Nagpur’s Kendriya Vidyalaya and went to Pune’s Saint Meera’s College to pursue her graduation.
- Father – Jasbir Singh (Retired Colonel from Indian Army)
- Mother – Rani Singh
- Siblings – Sona Singh (Elder Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mona Singh has dated –
- Karan Oberoi – Mona met the television actor, Karan Oberoi, on the sets of her show assi Jaissi Koi Nahin. The duo dated each other for a while and then, parted ways due to misunderstandings.
- Shyam Rajgopalan (2019-Present) – In 27 December 2019, Mona tied the knot with a South Indian banker, Shyam Rajgopalan in a Punjabi ceremony.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 60 kg
- In Pounds – 132 lbs
- Measurements – 34-28-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 28 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Singh started her career playing the lead role in the popular television serial, Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin. She gained instant popularity by playing the character of Jassi in the show. In 2006, she was the winner of the show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa on Sony Entertainment Television.
In 2009, Mona made her Bollywood debut with the film, 3 Idiots in which she played the role of Mona Sahastrabuddhe.
In 2003, Mona started her acting career by playing the role of Jasmeet Walia in the TV serial, Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin.
In March 2013, an MMS featuring Mona Singh got viral on the internet. It shocked the actress who denied that it was not Mona in the video. Later, Mona lodged a complaint with the cyber police and the police confirmed that the video was morphed. The video had been leaked a few days before the release of her then-boyfriend, Vidyut Jamwal’s film. Apparently, someone tried to make it look as though Vidyut had done it for publicity.
Awards & Nominations
|2003||Apsara Awards||Best Actress in Drama Series||Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin||Won|
|2004||Indian Telly Awards||Television Personality of The Year (Female)||Won|
|Best Actress (Female)|
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actress (Popular)||Won|
|2005||Indian Telly Awards||Best Actress (Female)||Won|
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actress – Drama (Jury)||Won|
|2012||BIG Television Awards||Bechara Character (Female)||Kya Huaa Tera Vaada||Won|
|2016||Lions Gold Awards||Best TV Actress||Pyaar Ko Ho Jaane Do||Won|
Mona Singh Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Irrfan Khan
- Favorite Actress – Tabu
- Favorite Film – The Bridges of Madison County (1995)
- Favorite Tourist Destination – Rome
- Favorite Color – Blue, Pink
- Favorite Food – Green Curry with Rice
Mona Singh Net worth
Mona Singh has an estimated net worth of $1.5 million dollars as of 2020. She charges around 2 lakh INR per episodes.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – monajsingh
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mona Singh
- Mona wanted to become an actress since childhood.
- She is very close friends with actor Gaurav Gera.
- In 2005, Mona was cast to play a prominent role in the film Main To Chala. However, the film was later shelved.
- In 2006, Mona was the winner of dance show, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa: Season 1.
- In June 2006, she was expected to leave on a world tour with a number of other actors, to perform songs.
- In March 2007, Mona signed an exclusive contract with Sony Entertainment Television to be the brand ambassador for the channel for 13 months.
- In 2011, she hosted Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega on Sony Entertainment Television.
- In 2012, Mona became the highest paid Indian television actress, she was getting paid Rs. 1 lakh per day for the serial Kya Huaa Tera Vaada.
- In 2018, Singh received praised for her roles of Ananya Sharma and Poorva Gupta in Kehne Ko Humsafar Hain and Yeh Meri Family respectively.