Elon Musk is a business magnate and investor. He holds South African, Canadian and U.S. citizenship and is the founder, CEO and lead designer of SpaceX; co-founder, CEO and product architect of Tesla, Inc. co-founder and CEO of Neuralink and co-founder of PayPal. In December 2016, he was ranked 21st on the Forbes list of The World’s Most Powerful People. As of July 2019, he has a net worth of $19.2 billion and is listed by Forbes as the 46th richest person in the world.
Elon Reeve Musk
Elon, Iron Man
Business magnate, Investor, Inventor, Technology Pioneer, Engineer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Elon was born on June 28, 1971 in Pretoria, Transvaal, South Africa.
He is currently 48 years old.
Bel Air, Los Angeles, California, United States
He has English, French Huguenot, Afrikaner/Dutch and German ancestry.
Musk attended Waterkloof House Preparatory School and then Pretoria Boys High School and completed his high-school in 1989. After completing his high-school, he was enrolled at the Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario for an undergraduate program. He was then shifted to the University of Pennsylvania, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics from its College of Arts and Sciences. He did a bachelor degree in economics with the Wharton School of Business. At the age of 24, he moved to California to purse a PhD in applied physics and material science at Stanford University. But, he dropped the program just after two days as he was fascinated to follow his entrepreneurial dreams.
- Father – Errol Musk (Electromechanical Engineer, Pilot, Sailor)
- Mother – Maye Musk (Model, Dietician)
- Siblings – Kimbal Musk (Younger Brother) (Restaurateur, Philanthropist), Tosca Musk (Younger Sister) (Filmmaker, Founder of Musk Entertainment)
- Relatives – Walter Henry James Musk (Paternal Grandfather), Cora Amelia Robinson (Paternal Grandmother), Joshua Norman Haldeman (Maternal Grandfather), Winnifred “Wyn” Josephine Fletcher (Maternal Grandmother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Elon Musk has dated –
- Justine Wilson – Elon met Canadian author Justine Wilson at the Ontario’s Queen’s University in the early 1990’s. Their first date was an ice cream date in the study center at the University. After their graduation, they went their separate ways. But they kept contact and they married in January 2000. Unfortunately, their first son, Nevada Alexander Musk, died of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) just after 10 weeks from birth. Within the next 5 years, they managed to have 5 sons – twins (b. 2004) and triplets (b. 2006) through in-vitro fertilization. After their divorce in 2008, they have shared custody to their 5 sons.
- Talulah Riley (2008-2016) – Elon began dating English actress Talulah Riley in 2008. They were introduced by Whisky Mist’s promoter, which is London-based West End club, in Mayfair. After being out for dates several times, they got married in 2010. In January 2012, Elon and Talulah briefly divorced, only to remarry in July 2013. Their 2nd divorce was finalized in late 2016.
- Cameron Diaz (2013) – Elon started dating the American actress Cameron Diaz in March 2013. They dated for a few months and got separated in the same year.
- Amber Heard (2016-2018) – Elon had been interested in meeting the gorgeous actress Amber Heard since he ran into her during the shooting of the film Machete Kills in 2013. But, Amber was in a relationship with Johnny Depp back then. After filing for divorce from Johnny Depp, Amber and Elon were seen spending time with each other in 2016. They were first spotted in Miami, at the Delano South Beach in July 2016, where they were both staying. But just a year later, Amber split citing conflicting work schedules. In December 2017, they got back together. But, again, the couple split in February 2018.
- In feet – 6 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 188 cm
- In meters – 1.88 m
- In Kilograms – 68 kg
- In Pounds – 150 lbs
Being the founder, CEO and lead designer of SpaceX, co-founder, CEO and product architect of Tesla Inc. co-founder of SolarCity and Zip2, founder of X.com: which merged with Confinity and took the name PayPal, co-chairman of OpenAI, founder and CEO of Neuralink and founder of The Boring Company.
In 2010, Elon made his theatrical film debut as himself in Iron Man 2.
In 2008, Elon made his first TV show appearance in the popular TV series 60 Minutes.
Elon Musk hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Elon Musk Favorites
- Favorite James Bond Movie – Moonraker
- Favorite James Bond Actor – Roger Moore
- Favorite Food – French food, Barbecue
- Favorite Drink – Whiskey
- Favorite Teacher – His elementary school principal who taught math.
Cars & Bikes
- Being a business mogul, his car collection is quite large comprising modern and aesthetic cars from popular brands. He first owned a 1978 BMW 320i, which he had it for two years. Then he bought a 1967 E-Type Jaguar, McLaren F1 and auctioned the Lotus Esprit car from James Bond’s “The Spy Who Loved Me” for $997,000 which he plans to convert it into a submarine. Musk also owns a Audi Q7, a Porsche 911 and a Hamann BMW M5 sports car.
- Alongside exotic cars, Musk is also the proud owner of a Gulstream G650 ER private jet. The Jet was built in 2015 and delivered to Musk in 2016. He also previously owned an Aero L-39, a Czech-made jet trainer aircraft. He also has a 1994 model Dassault Falcon 900 aircraft in his garage.
- Elon Musk owns several real estate properties across the US. He owns five luxury houses in Los Angeles’ Bel Air neighborhood. Musk has approximately spent around $75 million Us dollars on these mansions. Recently, he purchased a $24.5 million worth lucratively designed mansion in Bel Air neighborhood.
- In 2012, he first purchased a 20,248-square-foot mansion in the same area for $17 million US dollars, which has 7 bedrooms, 7 full and 4 half bathrooms, a tennis course, and a swimming pool in backyard. In October 2013, he spent $6.75 million US dollars for a ranch home located across the street from the mansion. He uses it as a private school for his five children.
- In July 2015, he bought a luxurious estate for $20 million which is located around the same area. He bought a 2963 sq-feet mansion the same year, which sits at the top of the his another mansion which he purchases for $20 million around the same time.
Elon Musk Net worth
Elon Musk has a estimated net worth of $19.2 billion dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Elon Musk
- He was bullied a lot in school because of his intelligence.
- During his student life at the University of Pennsylvania, Elon and his friend rented a 10-bedroom fraternity house and used it as an unofficial nightclub to earn extra money.
- Robert Downey Jr.‘s character Tony Stark in Iron Man was inspired by Elon’s real-life character in a much flamboyant way.
- He has a collection of mansions.
- In January 2018, Elon was listed as the 53rd richest person in the world by Forbes.
- He believes in the existence of artificial intelligence in the universe and has often spoken about its potential dangers.
- Musk, at the age of 12, developed a video game called Blaster and sold it to a magazine for $500.
- He was constantly bullied during his childhood and was once hospitalized when a group of boys attacked and neat him until he lost consciousness.
- After dropped-out of Stanford University, he and his brother started their own web company called Zip2 in 1995, which he later sold it to Compaq for US$307 million in 1999.
- Musk quickly established an email payment and financial services company called X.com which eventually became PayPal right after the acquisition of Confinity. eBay acquired PayPal in 2002 for $1.5 billion in stock, of which Musk received $165 million.
- Over the years, Elon founded Space Exploration Technologies or SpaceX, Tesla Inc., SolarCity and Neuralink.
- SpaceX is the first commercial company ever to successfully recover a spacecraft from Earth’s orbit and its Dragon spacecraft is the first commercial vehicle to attach to the International Space Station.
- Elon Musk established the Musk Foundation, which is a group committed to space exploration and discovering clean energy sources.
- Musk is a firm supporter of fighting global warming and working toward sustainable energy use- he cites it as his primary incentive for founding Tesla Motors and SolarCity.
- Musk was named one of the 75 most influential people of the 21st century by Esquire magazine.
- Elon Musk didn’t become an American citizen until 2002, at age 31.
- Musk’s official annual salary for Tesla Motors is just $1.
- In 2013, Musk was named Fortune’s Businessperson of the Year for SpaceX, SolarCity, and Tesla Motors.