Kirk Acevedo is an American actor. He is primarily known for his work on television for the portrayals of Miguel Alvarez in the HBO series Oz, Joe Toye in Band of Brothers, FBI Agent Charlie Francis in the science-fiction series Fringe and Jose Ramse in 12 Monkeys. His best-known films are The Thin Red Line, Dinner Rush and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. He portrayed comic book villain Ricardo Diaz / The Dragon on Arrow as the main antagonist in seasons six and the first half of season seven.
Kirk M. Acevedo
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kirk Acevedo was born on 27th of November 1971, in Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States.
He’s currently 48 years old.
He is of Puerto Rican descent.
Acevedo graduated from LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts in Upper West Side, Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States. After graduation, Kirk enrolled in SUNY Purchase School of Acting (Purchase College) in Harrison, New York, United States and earned his Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in acting in the 1990s.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Richard Acevedo (Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kirk Acevedo has dated –
- Kiersten Warren (2005-Present) – Kirk has not specified when he met the actress, but the pair got married on May 16, 2005. They have a daughter together, named Scarlett James Acevedo. Kirk also has a step-daughter named Misti Traya, from Kiersten’s previous relationship, who is an actress born on September 23, 1981.
- In feet – 5 feet 8½ inches
- In centimeters – 174 cm
- In meters – 1.74 m
- In Kilograms – 80 kg
- In Pounds – 176 lbs
His shoe size is 10.5 (US).
Kirk is best known for his roles as Miguel Alvarez in the HBO series Oz (1997-2003), FBI Agent Charlie Francis in the science-fiction series Fringe (208-2011), Jose Ramse in 12 Monkeys (2015-2018) and Ricardo Diaz in The CW series Arrow (2017-Present).
In 1997, Kirk made his first theatrical film appearance as the Caller in a drama movie, Arresting Gena.
In 1994, Kirk had her first television appearance as Joey Claudio in an episode of FOX television network series New York Undercover.
Kirk appeared in a 2007 television commercial for White Castle, a well-known food products manufacturer and has promoted the Red Cross organization.
Kirk Acevedo Favorites
- Favorite Sports – Boxing, MMA, Marathon, Basketball, Football
- Favorite Basketball Club – NY Knicks
- Favorite NFL Club – NY Giants, NY Yankees
- Favorite MMA Fighters – Jorge Masvidal, Juan Archuleta, Diaz Brothers
- Favorite Activity – Running, Hiking, Reading
- Favorite Book Genre – Sci-Fi, Dystopian
- Favorite Color Pattern – Camouflage
- Favorite Interest – Politics
- Favorite Animals – Dog, Wolf
- Favorite Food – Chocolate
Kirk Acevedo Net worth
Kirk Acevedo has an estimated net worth of $4 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Twitter – Kirk Acevedo
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kirk Acevedo
- Kirk has shown an interest in acting since he was very young.
- He attended the same college as Wesley Snipes, SUNY Purchase Acting School, in the 1990s.
- Kirk appeared in Kirk and Kerry, a short film directed by Azazel Jacobs that premiered in 1997 and won the jury prize at the Slamdance Film Festival the same year.
- Acevedo won an ALMA Award for Outstanding Actor in a Supporting Role in a Feature Film for The Thin Red Line (1998).
- He received four ALMA nominations between 1998 to 2001 for his role as Miguel Alvarez on the HBO prison drama Oz.
- He voiced Jackie Estacado in The Darkness, the video game adaptation of the comic book.
- He has a dog named, Dutchie.
- He co-founded the theater company, The Rorschach Group, with Shea Whigham.
- In November 23, 2013, Kirk guest starred on the well known American TV series The Walking Dead as Mitch Dolgen. His co-stars were Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan and others.
- In 2008, he landed a supporting role on the Fox science fiction horror television series Fringe as Charlie Francis.