Jack Lowden is a Scottish actor. His first major international onscreen success was in the BBC miniseries War & Peace, which led to starring roles in feature films. In 2013, Jack began to have substantial roles in British television series and feature films including The Tunnel and ’71 and had leading roles in the BBC miniseries The Passing Bells and War & Peace. In 2014, Jack won an Olivier Award and the Ian Charleson Award for his role as Oswald in Richard Eyre’s 2013 adaptation of Ibsen’s Ghosts.
Jack Andrew Lowden
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jack Lowden was born on the 2nd of June 1990, in Chelmsford, Essex, England, United Kingdom.
He’s currently 30 years old.
Scottish Borders, Scotland, United Kingdom
He is of Scottish descent.
He attended Earlston High School, where he performed in productions such as starring as Buddy Holly in Buddy – The Buddy Holly Story and performed in various concerts. When he was 10, Lowden’s parents enrolled him in the Scottish Youth Theatre in Edinburgh.
At age 12, he played John in a Peter Pan pantomime at the King’s Theatre, Edinburgh. While in high school, he studied during summer school at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts in London. Lowden received a BA in acting from the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama in Glasgow in 2011.
- Father – Gordon Lowden
- Mother – Jacquie Lowden
- Siblings – Calum (Younger Brother) (Ballet Soloist)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jack Lowden has dated –
- Saoirse Ronan (2019) – Jack is rumored to be dating his Mary Queen of Scots co-star Saoirse Ronan, after they spotted together in a south side pub in Glasgow.
- In feet – 6 feet 1 inches
- In centimeters – 185 cm
- In meters – 1.85 m
- In Kilograms – 80 kg
- In Pounds – 176 lbs
- Measurements – 38–12–32
- Chest – 38 in or 96.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 12 in or 30.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
He wears a size 11.5 (US) shoe.
Jack became known for his roles in popular films including Dunkirk (2017), England Is Mine (2017), Calibre (2018) and Mary Queen of Scots (2018).
In 2014, Jack made his onscreen debut with the British historical thriller film 71 in which he played the role of Thompson.
In 2010, Jack earned his first television role as Nick Fairclough in a TV series, Being Victor.
Jack Lowden Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp, Hugh Jackman
- Favorite Actress – Nicole Kidman
- Favorite Singer – Rihanna, Miley Cyrus
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Fast Food
Jack Lowden Net worth
Jack Lowden has an estimated net worth of $1.5 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – jack.lowden
- Instagram – Jack Lowden
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jack Lowden
- At age 12, he played John in a Peter Pan pantomime at the King’s Theatre, Edinburgh.
- In 2009, at the age of 18, Lowden starred in a television advertisement for Irn-Bru, sending up High School Musical.
- Jack appeared in stage productions of Chariots of Fire, Ghosts and Measure for Measure.
- In 2013, he played the pivotal role of the lead character’s son, Adam, in the television series The Tunnel.
- In 2014, Lowden received both the Olivier Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role, and also the Ian Charleson Award, for his role as Oswald in Richard Eyre’s adaptation of Ibsen’s Ghosts.
- In April 2016, Jack was a finalist in the entertainment category at the 11th Young Scot Awards.
- In November 2016, the UK magazine The List featured Lowden as one of The Hot 100 2016.
- In 2017, Jack played Collins, one of the leading roles, in Christopher Nolan‘s epic war film Dunkirk.
- In February 2019, Lowden teamed up with Beta Cinema to form his own production company, Reiver Pictures, based in Edinburgh.