Brittany Murphy was an American actress and singer. Her breakthrough role was as Tai Frasier in Clueless, followed by supporting roles in independent films such as Freeway and Bongwater. She made her stage debut in a Broadway production of Arthur Miller’s A View from the Bridge in 1997 before appearing as Daisy Randone in Girl, Interrupted and as Lisa Swenson in Drop Dead Gorgeous. In the 2000s Murphy appeared in Don’t Say a Word alongside Michael Douglas and alongside Eminem in 8 Mile, for which she gained critical recognition. Her later roles included Riding in Cars with Boys, Spun, Just Married, Uptown Girls, Sin City and Happy Feet. Murphy also voiced Luanne Platter on the animated television series King of the Hill.
Brittany Anne Bertolotti
Actress, Singer, Voice Artist
Birthday / Date of Birth
Brittany Murphy was born on the 10th of November 1977, in Atlanta, Georgia, United States.
In December 2009, Murphy died of pneumonia at the age of 32 in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Murphy’s mother is of Irish and Eastern European descent and her father is of Italian ancestry.
She was raised a Baptist and later became a non-denominational Christian.
Brittany Murphy has been a trained dancer since the age of four. She had attended Verne Fowler School of Dance and Theatre Arts in Colonia, New Jersey in 1982. Prior to her enrolling at Edison High School, the family moved to Los Angeles in 1991 so that Murphy could pursue an acting career.
- Father – Angelo Joseph Bertolotti
- Mother – Sharon Kathleen Murphy
- Siblings – Tony Bertolotti (Older Half-Brother), Jeff Bertolotti (Older Half-Brother), Pia Bertolotti (Younger Half-Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Brittany Murphy has dated –
- Tom Green (2000) – The Canadian comedian, producer and director, Tom Green dated the actress in August 2000.
- Ashton Kutcher (2002-2003) – The actor, producer, investor and former model, Ashton Kutcher was in a relationship was the actress during the filming of Just Married. However, they separated soon in April 2003.
- Jeff Kwatinetz (2003-2005) – The ex-manager of Kelly Clarkson and Britney Spears, Jeff Kwatinetz started dating the actress in April 2003. They got engaged on January 9, 2004, but separated soon in 2005.
- Fred Durst (2003) – The musician and film director, Fred Durst had an encounter with the actress in 2003.
- Joe Macaluso (2004-2006) – Brittany Murphy got engaged to Joe in December 2005, but soon ended their relationship in 2006.
- Simon Monjack (2007-2009) – The British screenwriter, film director, film producer and makeup artist, Simon Monjack started dating Murphy in January 2007. The couple got married in a private Jewish ceremony in Los Angeles in May 2007. However, their romance ended with the actress sudden death in 2009. It is quite noteworthy that Simon Monjack also died within 5 months of the same cause that Murphy died (which is pneumonia and anemia).
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 161 cm
- In meters – 1.61 m
- In Kilograms – 48 kg
- In Pounds – 106 lbs
- Measurements – 33-25-35
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32A
Her dress size is 5 (US).
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Brittany Murphy is best known for her role as Tai Frasier in Clueless (1995), followed by supporting roles in independent films such as Freeway (1996) and Bongwater (1998).
In 1993, Brittany Murphy first appeared as Elise in the drama film Family Prayers.
In 1991, Brittany Murphy has appeared as Frank’s sister in the CBS’s sitcom Murphy Brown in an episode On Another Plane: Part 1.
Brittany Murphy has appeared in various TV commercials which includes Pizza Hut, Honey Bunches of Oats and Skittles. In 2001, She has appeared in a magazine and billboard ad for Gap Denim.
Awards & Nominations
|2002||Satellite Award for Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture||Don’t Say a Word||Nominated|
|Spike Video Game Awards|
|2006||Best Supporting Female Performance||Marc Eckō’s Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards|
|2003||Choice Movie Actress—Comedy||Just Married||Nominated|
|Choice Movie Actress—Drama/Action-Adventure||8 Mile||Nominated|
|Choice Lip Lock (shared with Eminem)||8 Mile||Won|
|Choice Lip Lock (shared with Ashton Kutcher)||Just Married||Nominated|
|2005||Choice Movie Actress—Drama||Little Black Book||Nominated|
|Young Artist Awards|
|1996||Best Professional Actress/Singer||N/A||Nominated|
|Best Young Supporting Actress in a Feature Film||Clueless||Nominated|
|1999||Best Performance in a TV Movie/Pilot/Mini-Series or Series—Leading Young Actress||David and Lisa||Nominated|
|2000||Best Young Leading Actress in a Feature Film||Girl, Interrupted||Nominated|
Brittany Murphy Favorites
- Favorite Music – Jazz especially Cole Porter
- Favorite Cuisine – Thai Food
- Favorite Silent Screen Star – Clara Bow
- Favorite Idols – Judy Garland, Barbra Streisand and Diana Ross
- Favorite Colors – White, Pink, Black
Brittany Murphy Net worth
Brittany Murphy has an estimated net worth of $10 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Portfolio
Brittany does not have any account on social networking sites.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Brittany Murphy
- Murphy attended Verne Fowler School of Dance and Theatre Arts in Colonia, New Jersey, in 1982. From the age of four, she trained in singing, dancing and acting until her move to California at thirteen.
- Murphy has an interest in many musical instruments. She claims that she can play any instrument by 20 minutes time. She can play the trumpet and piano very well.
- Brittany dabbled in music again with the release of the film Happy Feet, in which she covered Queen’s Somebody to Love and Earth, Wind & Fire’s Boogie Wonderland.
- She has been included by the Maxim magazine in their Hot 100 list at #32 in 2003 and #8 in 2005.
- In 2005, She won the Best Individual Achievement: Voice Acting by a Female Performer in a TV Production award for King of Hill.
- Murphy’s mother is a survivor of breast cancer. After her death, her mother and her widower, Monjack established the Brittany Murphy Foundation in January 2010. It is a charitable fund for children’s arts education and supports the USO and cancer research.
- In December 24, 2009, Murphy was buried at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Hollywood Hills.
- In May 23, 2010, her widower Simon Monjack was found dead at the same Hollywood Hills residence.
- In July 2010, Los Angeles Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter stated that the cause of his death was acute pneumonia and severe anemia.
- In December 2011, Sharon Murphy changed her stance, announcing that toxic mold was indeed what killed her daughter and son-in-law and filed a lawsuit against the attorneys who represented her in an earlier suit against the builders of the home where her daughter and son-in-law died.
- In January 11, 2012, her father Angelo Bertolotti applied to the Superior Court of California requesting that the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office be required to hand over samples of his daughter’s hair for independent testing.
- In November 2013, Angelo Bertolotti claimed that a toxicology report showed that deliberate poisoning by heavy metals, including antimony and barium, was a possible cause of Brittany Murphy’s death. Sharon Murphy described the claim as a smear.
- In November 10, 2013, the Brittany Murphy Foundation was officially relaunched by her father Angelo Bertolotti, according to a press release posted at the foundation’s website.
- In September 2018, the Brittany Murphy Foundation appears to be defunct. GuideStar USA, Inc., an information service specializing in reporting on US nonprofit companies, reports that the Brittany Murphy Foundation has not appeared on the IRS Business Master File in a number of months, which may indicate that it has ceased operations.