Laura Prepon is an American actress, director and author. She rose to fame with her role as Donna Pinciotti in the Fox sitcom That ’70s Show. She is also known for her portrayal of Alex Vause in the Netflix comedy-drama series Orange Is the New Black. Prepon made her film debut in 2001 with the independent drama Southlander. Her other films include the romantic drama Come Early Morning, the comedy Lay the Favorite, the thriller The Girl on the Train and the drama The Hero.
Laura Helene Prepon
Actress, Model, Director, Writer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Laura Prepon was born on the 7th of March 1980, in Watchung, New Jersey, United States.
She is currently 39 years old.
Her father was Jewish, of Russian-Jewish descent and her mother has Irish Catholic ancestry.
Preporn studied at Watchung Hills Regional High School in New Jersey until 1995. After that, she became interested in acting and enrolled at the Caroline Thomas’ Total Theater Lab in New York City to study acting.
- Father – Michael Prepon (Orthopedic Surgeon) (Died in 1993)
- Mother – Marjorie (née Coll) (High School Teacher)
- Siblings – Danielle Prepon (Older Sister), Jocelyn Prepon (Older Sister), Stephanie Prepon (Older Sister), Brad Prepon (Older Brother)
- Relatives – Joseph Bradford Carr (Maternal Great-great-great-grandfather) (Union Army General)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Laura Prepon has dated –
- Topher Grace (1998-1999) – Actor Topher Grace and Laura Prepon were romantically linked from 1998 to 1999.
- Christopher Masterson (1999-2007) – For complete eight years, the actors dated each other. During this time, they also engaged. They separated in May 2007.
- Anthony Kiedis (2008) – She had a fling with American singer Anthony Kiedis in July 2008.
- Scott Michael Foster (2008-2013) – Laura started dating actor Scott in October 2008. They first met at Blush Boutique Nightclub at Wynn Las Vegas and soon started dating at that time. Their relationship continued until 2013.
- Ben Foster (2016-Present) – Laura started dating actor Ben Foster in 2016. Eventually, the couple announced their engagement in October 2016 which was followed by the birth of their first child, a daughter named Ella, in August 2017. They got married in a simple wedding ceremony in June 2018. On October 24, 2019, Prepon announced on social media that she is expecting their second child together.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78 m
- In Kilograms – 64 kg
- In Pounds – 141 lbs
- Measurements – 37-26-36
- Bust – 37 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 34C
Her dress size is 8 (US).
She wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
She rose to fame with her role as Donna Pinciotti in the Fox sitcom That ’70s Show (1998–2006). She is also known for her portrayal of Alex Vause in the Netflix comedy-drama series Orange Is the New Black (2013–2019).
In 2001, Laura Prepon made her acting debut in the independent film called Southlander, a Steve Hanft’s musical comedy-drama. She played the character of Seven Equals Five, a young TV telepathic, alongside Beck and Beth Orton and Hank Williams III.
She debuted with That ’70s Show where she played the role as Donna Pinciotti. From 1998 to 2006, Prepon appeared in a total of 200 episodes. She also received several nominations for this show.
She has appeared in various commercials viz., Bing, Tresemme, MCI, Clean and Clear and others.
Awards & Nominations
|1999||Young Artist Award||Best Performance in a TV Series – Young Ensemble||That 70’s Show||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards||TV – Breakout Performance||Nominated|
|2002||Teen Choice Awards||TV – Choice Actress, Comedy||Nominated|
|2014||Satellite Awards||Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film||Orange Is the New Black||Won|
|Best Cast – Television Series||Won|
|2016||Screen Actors Guild Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series||Won|
|2017||Screen Actors Guild Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series||Won|
|The Creative Coalition Spotlight Initiative Awards||N/A||N/A||Won|
Laura Prepon Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Harrison Ford
- Favorite Book – The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Song – Fancy by Reba McEntire
- Favorite Movie – Predator (1987)
- Favorite Destination – London
- Favorite Drinks – Lemon Iced Tea, Wine
- Favorite Outfit – Black Dress
- Favorite Food – Raw Almond Butter
Laura Prepon Net worth
Laura Prepon has an estimated net worth of $14 million dollars as of 2019. In addition to her illustrious acting career, she also makes a handsome amount of money from brand endorsements and public appearances.
Social Media Portfolio
- Facebook – Laura Prepon
- Instagram – lauraprepon
- Twitter – Laura Prepon
- YouTube Channel – Laura Prepon
Some Lesser Known Facts About Laura Prepon
- Her father is Jewish and mother is Catholic. But, she believes in Scientology.
- She started out as a model and has traveled throughout the globe for modeling assignments including Paris, Milan and Brazil.
- She appeared in a TV commercial for MCI, her first acting gig, in which she kissed a frog.
- She has a dog, which weighs nearly 135 pounds.
- She is in great love with vintage clothes and sneakers.
- The Canadian film and TV actor Scott Speedman is her celebrity crush.
- Laura enjoys horseback riding, gymnastics, ice skating, ballet, tennis and playing the piano during her free time.
- Her hobbies are horseback riding, ice skating, gymnastics, ballet dancing. She also likes to play golf and the piano.
- She is a big UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) fan.
- She divides her time between Watchung, New Jersey and Los Angeles, California.
- In 2002, she was ranked #84 in Stuff magazine’s 102 Sexiest Women In The World.
- Nicole Kidman and Gwyneth Paltrow are her fitness role models.
- Laura is close friends with Taylor Schilling and Natasha Lyonne.
- In 2005, Prepon co-starred with Misha Collins in the psychological thriller Karla, based on the true story of Paul Bernardo and his wife Karla Homolka, a Canadian couple who kidnapped, sexually abused, and murdered three girls, marking a contrast to her usual lighthearted roles.
- She is a natural redhead and she dyed her hair black for the role of Alex Vause in Orange Is the New Black.
- In April 2007, she starred in a dramatic short film Once Upon a Time.
- She has an eponymous YouTube channel where she uploads videos on healthy lifestyle, recipes and Q&A section. Her channel has over 170k subscribers.
- In 2009, Prepon appeared in the CBS sitcom How I Met Your Mother as Karen, one of the girlfriends of Ted Mosby (Josh Radnor), in the episode Sorry, Bro.
- In February 5, 2010, it was announced that Prepon signed on to star in Awkward Situations for Men, a pilot on ABC.
- In February 2011, she was cast as the title character Chelsea Newman on the NBC sitcom Are You There, Chelsea?, based on Chelsea Handler’s 2008 book Are You There, Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea.
- In 2016, Prepon and nutritionist Elizabeth Troy co-wrote The Stash Plan, a wellness book that draws on Prepon’s experiences eating organic foods since she was a child and her struggles with weight, low energy and digestive issues.
- In 2016, Prepon appeared in the psychological thriller The Girl on the Train, based on Paula Hawkins’ novel of the same name.
- In 2017, she played Charlotte opposite Sam Elliott in The Hero. Prepon directed the tenth episode of Orange Is the New Black‘s fifth season, titled The Reverse Midas Touch.