Nithya Menen is a Indian film actress and playback singer. She primarily works in South Indian films, where she has established herself as a leading actress. She is recipient of three Filmfare Awards for the Telugu films Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde, Malli Malli Idi Rani Roju and Mersal in Tamil. Nithya made her debut in leading role in Malayalam with Akasha Gopuram, Telugu with Ala modalaindi and Tamil with 180.
Actress, Playback Singer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Nithya Menon was born on the 8th of April 1988, in Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
She’s currently 32 years old.
Nithya studied journalism at the Manipal Institute of Communication, Manipal, Karnataka. She then decided to become a filmmaker as she could express her ideas better through films and enrolled for a course in cinematography at the FTII Pune.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nithya Menon has dated –
Nithya has largely opted to keep her personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about her love life and dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.6 m
- In Kilograms – 58 kg
- In Pounds – 127 lbs
- Measurements – 36-26-37
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 37 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She wears a size 6.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 8 (US).
Nithya became known Tamil movies are Veppam (2011), Oh Kadhal Kanmani (2015), Kanchana 2 (2015), Iru Mugan (2016), 24 (2016) & Mersal (2017).
In 1998, Nithya appeared first on screen as a child artist when she was at ten in the Indian English language film, The Monkey Who Knew Too Much.
In 2006, Nithya started her acting career in a supporting role with the Kannada film 7 O’ Clock directed by Kannada’s top cinematographer Santosh Rai Pataje.
In 2011, Nithya first release was Nandini Reddy’s romantic comedy Ala Modalaindi which was Nithya’s maiden Telugu venture as well.
In August 2019, Nithya made her Bollywood debut with Mission Mangal directed by Jagan Shakti and jointly produced by Cape of Good Films, Hope Productions, Fox Star Studios, Aruna Bhatia and Anil Naidu.
Nithya has featured on several television talk shows and special programs.
Nithya Menon Favorites
- Favorite Actors – Mohanlal, Ajith Kumar
- Favorite Actresses – Shobana
- Favorite Movies – Titanic (1997), The Matrix (1999), Spider-Man (2002)
- Favorite Film Director – Mani Ratnam
- Favorite Cuisine – South Indian
- Favorite Music Director – A. R. Rahman
- Favorite Destinations – Kerala, London, Goa
- Favorite Singer – Shreya Ghoshal
- Favorite Sport – Cricket
- Favorite Writer – John Grisham
- Favorite Color – Black, Blue
- Favorite Food – Brown Rice and Chicken Curry
Nithya Menon Net worth
Nithya Menon has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2020. She charges Rs 40 to 50 lakh per film.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nithya Menon
- At the age of 10, she made her first screen appearance as a child artist in the Indian English language film, The Monkey Who Knew Too Much (1998).
- In 2006, Menon got the lead role of Anu in Kannada cinematographer Santosh Rai Pataje’s film, Seven O’ Clock.
- Nithya has worked in different languages such as Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Telugu and Tamil.
- Menon also received Best Playback Singer award for the song Ammammo Ammo in Telugu.
- In 2011, her first release was Nandini Reddy’s romantic comedy Ala Modalaindi, which was Nithya’s maiden Telugu venture as well.
- In 2013, Nithya starred in three Telugu films, Okkadine, Jabardasth and Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde and one Kannada movie Mynaa.
- In 2014, Menon made a cameo in the Malayalam movie Bangalore Days which became the highest grosser of that year.
- In 2018, Nithya first release was Nani’s Production venture an anthology psychological thriller Awe.
- In 2019, Nithya is making her debut in Bollywood movie Mission Mangal alongside Akshay Kumar, Tapsee Pannu, Sonakshi Sinha, Vidya Balan and others.