Ajith Kumar is an Indian film actor who works predominantly in Tamil cinema. In addition to his acting, he is also a motor car racer and participated in the MRF Racing series in Chennai. He began his career with a small role in the 1990 Tamil film En Veedu En Kanavar. Singer S. P. Balasubrahmanyam introduced Ajith to Tamil film industry by referring him to play lead role in Amaravathi. He established himself as an action hero with films such as Amarkalam, Dheena, Villain, Attahasam, Varalaru, Mankatha, Arrambam, Veeram, Yennai Arindhaal, Vedalam, Vivegam and Viswasam.
Ajith, Thala, Ultimate Star
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ajith Kumar was born on 1st of May 1971, in Secunderabad, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh (now Telangana), India.
He is currently 48 years old.
Ajith attended Asan Memorial Senior Secondary School but dropped out to pursue his dream as a race car driver.
Asian / Indian
- Father – Parameshwar Subramaniam
- Mother – Mohini Mani
- Siblings – Anoop Kumar (Stockbroker), Anil Kumar(IIT Madras Graduate)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ajith Kumar dated –
- Shalini Kumar (2000-Present) – Ajith Kumar is married to his long-time girlfriend and actress Shalini since 2000. The duo started dating during the filming of Amarkalam and during this time, their relationship was subject to widespread media attention. They married in Chennai on April 24, 2000 and they have two children together, daughter, Anoushka, born on January 3, 2008 and son, Aadvik, born on 2 March 2015.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 82 kg
- In Pounds – 180 lbs
- Measurements – 42-15-34
- Chest – 42 inches
- Biceps -15 inches
- Waist – 34 inches
Salt and Pepper
He wears shoe size of 10 (US).
A number of hits followed, such as Mugavaree (2000), Kandukondain Kandukondain (2000), Dheena (2001), Citizen (2001), Poovellam Un Vasam (2001), Villain (2002), Varalaru (2006) and Billa (2007) before he had his biggest release in recent years with Venkat Prabhu’s Mankatha in which he played a protagonist, a money-minded, suspended cop Vinayak Mahadev. His major breakthrough in recent years came with Viswasam (2019), where he got to play the title character Thookku Durai opposite Nayanthara. The film grossed over Rs 200 crore at the Indian box office, becoming one of the highest grossing films of the year.
Ajith turned professional car race driver by competing in several racing championships across India, including Chennai, Mumbai and Delhi. He was one among few Indian racers to compete in international circuits and Formula championships. He raced in the 2010 Formula 2 Championship along with two other Indians, Armaan Ebrahim and Parthiva Sureshwaren. Ajith finished twelfth in the inaugural Formula BMW Asia championship. Take a look at Ajith’s accomplishments in his racing career.
- Formula Maruti Indian Championships – 2002 – 4th place
- Formula BMW Asia – 2003 – 12th place
- Third Best Motor car driver – 2004
- FIA Formula Two Championship – 2010 – Participated
Ajith landed his first acting gig with the 1990 Tamil film En Veedu En Kanavar, in which he played a small-time role of a school student. His debut as a lead actor came with the Tamil-language film, Amaravathi, in 1993, in which he paired opposite debutant actress Sanghavi. Directed by Selva, the film saw a moderate success that brought him a lot of fame and critical acclaim.
Ajith has featured in several television commercials and print ads before acting movies. In 2004, he became the face of Nescafe for Tamil Nadu and that was the last product /brand he has since promoted.
- Cinema Express Award – 1999, 2000, 2001
- Tamil Nadu State Film Awards – 2001, 2006
- Vijay Awards – 2006 (2), 2011 (2)
- South Indian International Movie Awards – 2012
- Filmfare Awards South – 1999, 2002, 2006
- Dinakaran Cinema Awards – 1999, 2002
Ajith Kumar Favorites
- Favorite Actors – MG Ramachandran, Amitabh Bachchan, Rajesh Khanna, Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth
- Favorite Sports – Football, Cricket, Racing
- Favorite Racer – Ayrton Senna
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Book – Living with the Himalayan Masters
Ajith Kumar Net worth
Ajith Kumar has a net worth of $55 million dollars as of 2019. He gets Rs 35-40 crore as salary for every film and takes home around Rs 3 crore for every endorsement. Kumar resides in a comfortable house in Valmiki Nagar, Chennai. He owns many branded cars such as Lamborghini and BMW 7 series as well as Aprilia Caponard bike and BMW K1300 S bike.
Social Media Portfolio
Ajith is not on social media.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ajith Kumar
- He started to work as a model at the age of 18 to support his racing career before landing roles in films.
- Before getting into acting, Ajith was a model and featured in many TVC ads. He had only once endorsed a brand Nescafe in 2004 and after that, he stopped endorsing brands and acting in TVC ads.
- He also worked as a salesman for a garment export company.
- He is an ardent devotee of Sai Baba.
- In 2004, Ajith was signed as Nescafe’s brand ambassador in Tamil Nadu. Later, he has limited his appearance to the silver screen by not appearing or promoting any commercials.
- He is passionate about aviation, cars and superbikes. He has a garage in his house, which is a home for a number of his mini unmanned helicopters and flights.
- Ajith created the non-profit organization “Mohini-Mani Foundation”, named after his parents, in order to promote self-hygiene and civic consciousness and to help ease the problems of urban sprawl.
- Despite having a huge fan following he keeps himself off the public events and functions.
- He accepts his salary only in the form of cheques as he never encourages black money.
- Ajith has an interesting hobby like collecting miniature helmets, rare coins and stamps.
- Ajith Kumar is passionate about UAVs and drones. Recently he has been appointed as the test pilot and UAV system advisor by Madras Institute of Technology for Medical Express-2018 UAV Challenge.