Sonakshi Sinha is an Indian film actress. She is the daughter of actors Shatrughan Sinha and Poonam Sinha. After working as a costume designer in her early career, Sinha made her acting debut in the action drama film Dabangg, which won her all the Debut awards including the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut.
Sona, Shotgun Junior
Actress, Singer, Model
Birthday / Date of Birth
Sonakshi Sinha was born on June 2, 1987 in Patna, Bihar, India.
She is currently 31 years old.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Sonakshi completed her schooling from Arya Vidya Mandir in Mumbai and graduated in Fashion Designing from Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women’s University (SNDT), Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
- Father – Shatrughan Sinha (Actor, Politician)
- Mother – Poonam Sinha (née Chandiramani) (Actress)
- Siblings – Luv Sinha (Older Twin Brother) (Actor), Kush Sinha (Older Twin Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sonakshi Sinha dated –
- Aditya Shroff – There isn’t much information about her dating history at this time. However, it is considered that she dated Aditya Shroff (ex-owner of Fame Cinemas).
- In feet – 5 feet 5¾ inches
- In centimeters – 167 cm
- In meters – 1.67 m
- In Kilograms – 60 kg
- In Pounds – 132 lbs
- Measurements – 36-27-37
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 27 inches
- Hip – 37 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 10 (US).
She made her acting debut with the 2010 film Dabangg starring alongside Salman Khan.
Once she was linked to a leaked MMS, which had gone viral on WhatsApp. However, it was a proved to be a fake video.
Awards & Nominations
|2011||Annual Central European Bollywood Awards||Best Newcomer – Female||Dabangg||Won|
|Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards||Best Female Debut||Won|
|Filmfare Awards||Best Female Debut||Won|
|Star Debut of the Year – Female||Won|
|Lions Gold Awards||Favorite Debutante Actress||Won|
|Star Screen Awards||Most Promising Newcomer – Female||Won|
|Stardust Awards||Superstar of Tomorrow – Female||Won|
|Best Thriller/Action Actress||Nominated|
|Zee Cine Awards||Best Female Debut||Won|
|Best International Female Icon||Nominated|
|Best Debut Actress||Won|
|Best Debutante Actress||Won|
|Dadasaheb Phalke Awards||Best Debutante Actor – Female||Won|
|2013||ETC Business Awards||Highest Grossing Actress||—||Won|
|Favorite Youth Movie Icon||Nominated|
|Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards India||Best Movie Actress||Nominated|
|People’s Choice Awards India||Favorite Movie Actress||Rowdy Rathore||Nominated|
|Stardust Awards||Best Thriller/Action Actress||Nominated|
|Best Thriller/Action Actress||Dabangg 2||Nominated|
|Best Comedy/Romance Actress||Son of Sardar||Nominated|
|2013||BIG Star Entertainment Awards||Most Entertaining Actor in a Comedy Film – Female||Son of Sardar||Nominated|
|2014||BIG Star Entertainment Awards||Most Entertaining Actor in a Romantic Role – Female||Lootera||Won|
|Most Entertaining Film Actor – Female||Nominated|
|Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards||Best Actress in a Leading Role||Nominated|
|Screen Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Popular Choice (Female)||Nominated|
|Zee Cine Awards||Best Actress (Critics)||Won|
|International Indian Film Academy Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|2014||Stardust Awards||Best Thriller/Action Actress||Holiday: A Soldier Is Never Off Duty||Nominated|
|2017||BIG Zee Entertainment Awards||Most Entertaining Actor in an Action Film – Male/Female||Force 2||Nominated|
|Lux Golden Rose Awards||Power Packed Performer Of The Year Award||Akira||Nominated|
|Lux Golden Rose Awards||Charismatic Beauty Of The Year Award||Nominated|
Sonakshi Sinha Favourites
- Favorite Actor – Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan
- Favorite Actress – Sridevi, Rekha, Rani Mukerji
- Favorite Food – Thai, Chinese
- Favorite Book – The Da Vinci Code, Shantaram
- Favorite Film Director – Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Favorite Music – Rock, Acid-Jazz, Hip-Hop, House and Bollywood
- Favorite Comedian – Russell Peters
- Favorite Holiday Destination – Paris, London
- Favorite Perfume – Victoria Secret’s Pink body spray for the day and Jean Paul Gaultier Classique at night
- Favorite Fashion Brands – Gucci, Salvatore Ferragamo, Narendra Kumar, Manish Malhotra, Vikram Phadnis
- Favorite Colors – Yellow, Green
- Favorite Movies – Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India (2001), Jab We Met (2007), Dabangg (2010)
Sonakshi Sinha Net worth
Sonakshi has an estimated net worth of $12 million and gets a whopping $5 crore as salary for every movie. Many of her movies have cranked up at the box offices and nevertheless, this unmatched beauty is bankable actress in Bollywood though. She owns a BMW 5 Series GT and a BMW 550i Gran Turismo. She lives in a lavish multi-storey apartment in Mumbai with her family. The house is now estimated more than Rs 13 crore.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sonakshi Sinha
- She is a left hander.
- Sonakshi uses occasional ‘Multani Mitti Packs’ (Fuller’s Earth; It is a cleansing mask) and fresh Aloe Vera as the home recipes for a fresh and glowing skin.
- She hates lip gloss.
- Her mother, Poonam is a former Miss Young India (1968).
- She drinks a lot of water to keep her skin fresh.
- Earlier, she was overweight, but she lost 30 kg for the demand of her debut film Dabangg (2010).
- Sonakshi always carries with her in her bag – Inglot Coral Blush and Coral Lipstick – 401, M.A.C transparent mascara, MaX factor water-proof mascara, Chanel Matt Lumiere no. 50, Revlon Kohl pencil.
- Sonakshi uses Olive Oil and Coconut Oil for an occasional head massage, which also helps her in better blood circulation.
- She believes in false eyelashes, as they make her glamorous instantly.
- Before becoming a successful actress, she used to work as a costume designer.
- Her mother Poonam Sinha and Rekha are her beauty icons.