Greta Gerwig is an American actress and filmmaker. She first garnered attention after working on and appearing in several mumblecore films. Gerwig has collaborated with her partner Noah Baumbach on several films, including Greenberg, Frances Ha, for which she received a Golden Globe Award nomination and Mistress America. Gerwig has had two solo directorial ventures, the coming-of-age films Lady Bird and Little Women both of which earned nominations for the Academy Award for Best Picture.
Greta Celeste Gerwig
Actress, Director, Screenwriter
Birthday / Date of Birth
Greta Gerwig was born on the 4th of August 1983, in Sacramento, California, United States.
She’s currently 37 years old.
She has German, Irish and English ancestry.
Greta attended an all-girls St. Francis Catholic High School in Sacramento. She had intended to complete a degree in musical theatre in New York but ended up graduating from Barnard College with a degree in English and philosophy.
- Father – Gordon Gerwig (Financial consultant and computer programmer)
- Mother – Christine Gerwig (Nurse)
- Siblings – She has 1 younger brother.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Greta Gerwig has dated –
- Noah Baumbach (2011-Present) – Greta started dating Noah Baumbach after having grown close during the shooting of drama comedy, Greenberg. They have a son named Harold Baumbach, born in March 2019.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 61 kg
- In Pounds – 135 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
She wears a size 9.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Greta major role in Noah Baumbach’s Greenberg (2010), Frances Ha (2012) for which she received a Golden Globe Award nomination and Mistress America (2015).
In 2006, Greta landed the lead role of Greta in the independent mumblecore film, LOL and appeared in Baghead by Jay and Mark Duplass.
In 2011, Greta made her TV show debut by lending voice to the character Pony Merks in the animated series, China, IL.
In May 2014, Gerwig made her stage debut as Becky in Penelope Skinner’s The Village Bike at the Lucille Lortel Theatre in New York.
In 2017, Gerwig made her solo directorial debut (after having co-directed Nights and Weekends) with the coming-of-age comedy-drama film, Lady Bird which she also wrote.
Greta has not endorsed any brand yet.
Greta Gerwig Favorites
- Favorite Actor – George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Song – Lay My Love by Brian Eno and John Cale
- Favorite Park – Abingdon Square Park
- Favorite Theater – Rattlestick Playwrights Theater at 224 Waverly Place
- Favorite Food – Fast Food, Pizza
Greta Gerwig Net worth
Greta Gerwig has an estimated net worth of $4 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
She is not on social media.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Greta Gerwig
- While growing up, she wanted to carve out a career in ballet dancing but after growing to a gangly height, she decided to go for acting.
- Greta co-founded an improv group named The Tea Party Ensemble and was a member of the dance group named Touch of Style.
- In 2010, Gerwig starred in Noah Baumbach’s Greenberg with Ben Stiller, Rhys Ifans, and Jennifer Jason Leigh.
- In 2010, Greta made her first talk show appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live!.
- In 2012, Gerwig appeared in Woody Allen’s film To Rome with Love in the vignette John’s Story, acting alongside Jesse Eisenberg and Alec Baldwin.
- In 2016, she guest-starred in two episodes of the comedy series The Mindy Project.
- In 2016, Greta was invited to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- In June 2018, Gerwig would direct a new film adaptation of Louisa May Alcott’s novel Little Women, whose script she had been previously hired to write.
- Greta will next collaborate with Baumbach in co-writing and potentially directing a live-action Barbie film, starring Margot Robbie in the title role.