Jesse Eisenberg is an American actor, author and playwright. His first leading role in the comedy-drama film Roger Dodger, he appeared in the drama film The Emperor’s Club, the psychological thriller film The Village, the comedy-drama film The Squid and the Whale and the drama film The Education of Charlie Banks.
Jesse had his breakthrough with starring roles in the comedy drama film Adventureland and the horror comedy Zombieland. His portrayal of Zuckerberg in The Social Network earned him nominations for various awards, including the BAFTA, Golden Globe and Academy Award for Best Actor.
Jesse Adam Eisenberg
Actor, Author, Playwright, Humorist
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jesse Eisenberg was born on the 5th of October 1983, in Queens, New York, United States.
He’s currently 36 years old.
Jesse attended the East Brunswick Public Schools at Frost School, Hammarskjold Middle School, Churchill Junior High School and spent his sophomore year at East Brunswick High School. Eisenberg then transferred to the Professional Performing Arts School in New York.
Eisenberg would go on to study anthropology and contemporary architecture at The New School in Greenwich Village where he majored in liberal arts with a concentration in democracy and cultural pluralism.
- Father – Barry Eisenberg (Sociology Professor)
- Mother – Amy (née Fishman) (Teaches cultural sensitivity at hospitals)
- Siblings – Kerri Eisenberg (Sister), Hallie Eisenberg (Younger Sister) (Actress)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jesse Eisenberg has dated –
- Anna Strout (2002-2012) – In 2002, Jesse and Anna Strout (the daughter of Middle Way executive director Toby Strout) first met during the shooting of The Emperor’s Club and started dating. After over a decade, the two called it quits.
- Mia Wasikowska (2013-2015) – In 2013, Jesse started dating his The Double co-star Mia Wasikowska. They split in 2015.
- Anna Strout (2015-Present) – After splitting from Mia, he once again started dating Anna Strout. They worked together on a domestic violence shelter in Indiana and are still dating. The couple’s son, Banner was born in December 2016 and they married in 2017.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 72 kg
- In Pounds – 159 lbs
- Measurements – 37-13-30
- Chest – 37 in or 94 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 13 in or 33 cm
- Waist – 30 in or 76 cm
His shoe size is 11 (US).
Jesse is best known for playing Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg in David Fincher’s The Social Network. His other best-known movies include Now You See Me and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. In 2009, Jesse had his breakthrough with starring roles in the comedy-drama film Adventureland and the horror comedy Zombieland.
In 2002, Jesse made his first comedy-drama film, Roger Dodger in which he played the character of Nick.
In 1999, Jesse debuted on television with Fox Network series, Get Real for his role as Kenny Green.
Jesse Eisenberg Favorites
- Favorite Movie – Crimes and Misdemeanors (1989)
- Favorite Book – Huck Finn
- Favorite Sport – Basketball
- Favorite Pet – Cat
Jesse Eisenberg Net worth
Jesse Eisenberg has an estimated net worth of $10 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
He has no social media profiles.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jesse Eisenberg
- Jesse was 8 years old when he first started playing the drums.
- Jesse confessed that he suffers from OBD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder).
- Jesse is a vegetarian and even followed a vegan diet for a short period.
- In 2005, Eisenberg appeared in Cursed a horror film directed by Wes Craven and The Squid and the Whale a well-reviewed independent drama starring Laura Linney and Jeff Daniels.
- In 2007, he starred opposite Richard Gere and Terrence Howard in The Hunting Party a comic thriller in which he plays an American journalist reporting from Bosnia.
- In 2009, Jesse had his breakthrough with starring roles in the comedy-drama film, Adventureland.
- In 2011, Jesse voiced the main character, Blu a male Spix’s macaw in the animated film, Rio.
- In January 29, 2011, Eisenberg hosted Saturday Night Live on NBC with musical guest Nicki Minaj.
- In 2013, Jesse reunited with Woody Harrelson for the magician heist film thriller Now You See Me.
- In 2015, Eisenberg portrayed Rolling Stone journalist David Lipsky in the biographical drama film The End of the Tour appearing opposite Jason Segel, who portrayed the late author David Foster Wallace.
- In 2016, he portrayed Lex Luthor in the superhero film, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- In 2017, Jesse teased that he would reprise his role of Lex Luthor in the Justice League film.
- In 2019, Jesse starred in Zombieland: Double Tap directed by Ruben Fleischer writers of the first Zombieland, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick.