George Clooney is an American actor and filmmaker. He is the recipient of three Golden Globe Awards and two Academy Awards, one for acting in Syriana and the other for co-producing Argo. Clooney made his acting debut on television in 1978 and later gained wide recognition in his role as Dr. Doug Ross on the medical drama ER from 1994 to 1999, for which he received two Primetime Emmy Award nominations. In 2018, he was the recipient of the AFI Lifetime Achievement Award.
George Timothy Clooney
Actor, Director, Producer, Screenwriter
Birthday / Date of Birth
George Clooney was born on May 06, 1961, in Lexington, Kentucky, United States.
He’s currently 58 years old.
Sonning Eye, Oxfordshire, England
Clooney attended Blessed Sacrament School in Fort Mitchell, Kentucky. He attended St. Michael’s School in Worthington, Ohio then Western Row Elementary School in Mason, Ohio, from 1968 to 1974 and St. Susanna School in Mason, where he served as an altar boy. After his parents moved to Augusta, Kentucky, Clooney attended Augusta High School. He attended Northern Kentucky University from 1979 to 1981, majoring in broadcast journalism and very briefly attended the University of Cincinnati but did not graduate from either.
- Father – Nick Clooney (Former anchorman and game show host)
- Mother – Nina Warren Clooney (Beauty pageant queen)
- Siblings – Adelia Clooney (known as Ada) (Older Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
George Clooney dated –
- Kelly Preston (1987-1989) – From 1987 to 1989, the actors Kelly Preston and George were an item. She also gifted him a pig during their relationship.
- Talia Balsam (1989-1993) – He started dating actress Talia Balsam in January 1989. After dating for about a year, the two stars married on December 15, 1989. They divorced in September 1993.
- Lucy Liu (2000, 2006) – First in 2000, actors George Clooney and Lucy Liu dated for some months. Later, in 2006, they were seen making outside a restaurant in New York City.
- Sarah Larson (2007-2008) – Clooney started dating model Sarah Larson in June 2007. They met for the first time in Las Vegas, where she worked as a cocktail waitress in The Palm Hotel and Casino. The duo separated in May 2008.
- Elisabetta Canalis (2009-2011) – In July 2009, Clooney started dating Italian TV personality, Elisabetta Canalis. They were first found together when she was sitting on the back of Clooney’s motorcycle. They separated in June 2011.
- Stacy Keibler (2011-2013) – From July 2011 to June 2013, the actors Stacy Keibler and George Clooney were an item.
- Amal Alamuddin (2013-Present) – Clooney commenced dating London-based, British-Lebanese lawyer, Amal Alamuddin in September 2013. They engaged on April 28, 2014. They officially got married on September 27, 2014 at Ca’ Farsetti. The former mayor of Rome and George’s friend Walter Veltroni did their marriage. The couple welcomed twins Ella (daughter) and Alexander (son) in June 2017.
- In feet – 5 feet 11 inches
- In centimeters – 180 cm
- In meters – 1.80 m
- In Kilograms – 78 kg
- In Pounds – 172 lbs
- Measurements – 44-35-14
- Chest – 44 inches
- Waist – 35 inches
- Biceps – 14 inches
He wears a size 10.5 (US) shoe.
Playing Dr. Doug Ross in the ER from 1994 to 1999, then 2000 and 2009. He is also known for his appearances in the films From Dusk till Dawn (1996), Batman & Robin (1997), Gravity (2013), The Monuments Men (2014).
In 1987, George appeared comedy horror film Return to Horror High for his role as Oliver.
From 1984 to 1985, George Clooney starred in the CBS’s sitcom E/R for his role as Mark Ace Kolmar.
Nestle Nespresso, Norwegian Bank, Arthur Andersen (1998), AT&T (1997), El Corte inglés (1998), AquaFina (2003), British Airways (2004), Police Sunglasses, Fiat Idea (2004), Budweiser (2005), Martini (2006), Fastweb (2011), DNB Financial Services Group (2011-2012).
Cars & Bikes Collection
Tango 600, Chevrolet Corvette V8 C1 Convertible, Harley Davidson Motobike, Piaggio Mp3 250 Scooter
George Clooney Favorites
- Favorite Books – Leo Tolstoy’s War, Peace
- Favorite Actress – Michelle Pfeiffer
- Favorite Song – Destination Moon by Dinah Washington
- Favorite Food – Steak
- Favorite Color – Black
George Clooney Net worth
George Clooney has a estimated net worth of $650 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
He is not on social media.
Some Lesser Known Facts About George Clooney
- George developed Bell’s palsy when he was in middle school.
- George is the relative of singer Debby Boone. Debby married Clooney’s cousin Gabriel Ferrer.
- When he was struggling as an actor in Hollywood, he lived in his friend’s closet for a year.
- Before becoming an actor, he has sold women’s shoes, men’s suits, door to door insurance and has worked in construction, tobacco and other companies.
- He is a good baseball player and had tried his luck for Cincinnati Reds at the age of 16.
- He is afraid of earthquakes.
- In 1988, Clooney played a role in the comedy-horror film Return of the Killer Tomatoes.
- In 1990, he starred in the short-lived ABC police drama Sunset Beat. During this period, Clooney was a student at the Beverly Hills Playhouse acting school for five years.
- George owned a pig named, Max the Star, which he received as a gift from actress Kelly Preston.
- Clooney supported both of Barack Obama’s 2008 and 2012 presidential campaigns.
- He is a supporter of gay rights.
- In 2001, Clooney and Soderbergh co-founded Section Eight Productions, for which Grant Heslov was president of television.
- In 2005, he was ranked No.1 by TV Guide on its 50 Sexist Star of All Time list.
- He was the best man at the wedding of actor Richard Kind.
- In 2005, Clooney starred in Syriana, which was based loosely on former Central Intelligence Agency agent Robert Baer’s memoirs of his service in the Middle East.
- In 2009, Clooney was included in Time‘s annual Time 100 as one of the Most Influential People in the World.
- He made an appearance on the cover of Vogue magazine, only the second man after Rechard Gere.
- George is an avid fan of the American football team, Cincinnati Bengals and baseball team, Cincinnati Reds.
- He shares his birthday with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle‘s son Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor.
- In 2013, Clooney co-founded Casamigos Tequila with Rande Gerber and Michael Meldman.
- In 2013, he received the Academy Award for Best Picture for producing the political thriller Argo.
- In 2016, Clooney endorsed Hillary Clinton for the 2016 presidential election.
- In September 21, 2007, Clooney and then-girlfriend Sarah Larson were injured in a motorcycle accident in Weehawken, New Jersey, when his motorcycle was hit by a car.
- In 2018, following the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting, the Clooneys pledged $500,000 to the March for Our Lives and said they would be in attendance.
- In July 10, 2018, Clooney was hit by a car while riding a motorcycle to film set in Sardinia. He was hospitalised with minor, non-life-threatening injuries.
- In March 28, 2019, Clooney wrote an open letter calling for the boycott of the Sultan of Brunei’s hotels over a new law that comes into force on April 3, 2019 that will punish homosexual sex and adultery with death by stoning.