Adam Sandler is an American actor, comedian, screenwriter, film producer and musician. After becoming a Saturday Night Live cast member, Sandler went on to star in many Hollywood feature films that combined have grossed over $2 billion at the box office. He has ventured into more dramatic territory with his roles in Punch-Drunk Love, Spanglish, Reign Over Me, Funny People and The Meyerowitz Stories all of which earned him critical praise.
Adam Richard Sandler
Actor, Comedian, Film Producer, Screenwriter, Musician
He has released his studio albums via Warner Bros.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Adam Sandler was born on September 09, 1966, in Brooklyn, New York, United States.
He’s currently 52 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Adam attended Manchester Central High School in Manchester, New Hampshire. As a teen, Sandler was in BBYO, a Jewish youth group. Sandler graduated from New York University‘s Tisch School of the Arts in 1988.
- Father – Stanley Sandler (Electrical Engineer) (1935-2003)
- Mother – Judy (Nursery School Teacher)
- Siblings – Elizabeth Sandler (Sister), Scott Sandler (Brother), Valerie Sandler (Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Adam Sandler dated –
- Margaret Rudin (1992-1993) – He started dating cosmetics executive Margaret Rudin in 1992. He even engaged her but it was all called off in 1993.
- Juliette Lewis (1994) – In 1994, he dated actress and singer, Juliette Lewis.
- Alicia Silverstone (1996) – For a month, from March 1996 to April 1996, he dated actress Alicia Silverstone who is 10 years his junior. Alicia’s reps tried to hide the relationship, but couldn’t.
- Jackie Sandler (1999-Present) – He started dating model and actress, Jackie Sandler when he met her on the set of Big Daddy (1999). After dating for three years, the couple got engaged in June 2002. Just after a year, the wedding day came. They wed on June 22, 2003. Together, they have two daughters, Sadie Madison Sandler (b. 2006) and Sunny Madeline Sandler (b. 2008).
- In feet – 5 feet 9½ inches
- In centimeters – 177 cm
- In meters – 1.77 m
- In Kilograms – 86 kg
- In Pounds – 190 lbs
- Measurements – 44-14-38
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 38 in or 96.5 cm
He wears a size 10.5 (US) shoe.
His film roles include Billy Madison (1995), the sports comedies Happy Gilmore (1996) and The Waterboy (1998), the romantic comedy The Wedding Singer (1998), Big Daddy (1999), Mr. Deeds (2002), Grown Ups (2010), Grown Ups 2 (2013) and voicing Dracula in the Hotel Transylvania franchise (2012-2018).
Adam starred in his debut film a comedy film, Going Overboard released in 1989 for his role as Schecky Moskowitz.
Adam released his debut studio album They’re All Gonna Laugh at You! in 1993 via Warner Bros.
From 1987 to 1988, Sandler appeared in the sitcom The Cosby Show for his role as Smitty in 4 episodes.
Adam Sandler has appeared in a NBA commercial.
Adam Sandler Favorites
- Favorite Cartoon Character – SpongeBob SquarePants
- Favorite Baseball Team – New York Yankees
- Favorite Bands – Van Halen, Styx, The Police
Adam Sandler Net worth
Adam Sandler has a estimated net worth of $450 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Adam Sandler
- He was born in Brooklyn (New York) but was raised in Manchester (New Hampshire) as he relocated there at the age of 6.
- He used to play basketball in his childhood. He was such a fan of the game that he used to play basketball in the shooting breaks on the sets.
- When he was studying at New York University, his teachers were not sure of his success.
- In 1993, Adam Sandler appeared in the film Coneheads with Chris Farley, David Spade, Dan Aykroyd, Phil Hartman and Jane Curtin.
- In 1999, Adam founded movies and TV series production company called Happy Madison Productions.
- Adam had English bulldogs named, Motzaball and Meatball. Now he owns another bulldog named, Babu.
- In 2002, he won the Best Actor award for Punch-Drunk Love at the Gijón International Film Festival.
- In 2007, Sandler made a $1 million donation to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America in his hometown, Manchester, New Hampshire. The same year, he donated $2,100 to former New York CityRepublican mayor Rudy Giuliani’s presidential campaign.
- In 2009, Sandler starred in Judd Apatow’s third directorial feature Funny People.
- In 2014, Netflix announced a four-movie deal with Adam Sandler and Happy Madison Productions.
- In 2014, he was named Male Star of the Year at the CinemaCon Awards.
- In 2015, Sandler released his last theatrical film Pixels, based on French director Patrick Jean’s 2010 short film of the same name, before transitioning into a distribution deal with Netflix.
- In 2017, he won the Hollywood Film Award under the category Comedy of the Year for his film The Meyerowitz Stories.
- In May 4th 2019, Sandler made his first appearance as host of SNL, ending the episode with a tribute to his friend and fellow former cast member Chris Farley.
- Visit his official website @ adamsandler.com.