Christine Taylor is an American actress. Taylor began her acting career in 1989 on the Nickelodeon children’s television series Hey Dude where she played the lifeguard Melody Hanson. She continued in that role through 1991 while making various guest appearances on other programs. In 1995, Taylor was cast as Marcia Brady in The Brady Bunch Movie and later in A Very Brady Sequel. In 2001, she starred alongside her then husband Ben Stiller in Zoolander. In 2010, she also starred in the Hallmark Channel Christmas movie Farewell Mr. Kringle. In 2013, Taylor reprised her role as Sally Sitwell in two episodes of the revived Arrested Development.
Christine Joan Taylor
Birthday / Date of Birth
Christine Taylor was born on the 30th of July 1971, in Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States.
She’s currently 48 years old.
Westchester County, New York, United States
Christine is of English, Polish, Swedish, German, Irish and Scottish descent.
Christine completed her education from Allentown Central Catholic High School in Allentown, Pennsylvania in 1989.
- Father – Albert ‘Skip’ Taylor III (Security Company Owner)
- Mother – Joan Taylor (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Brian Taylor (Brother)
- Relatives – Albert Eugene Taylor, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Agnes A. Benson (Paternal Grandmother), Gerald ‘Jerry’ Isaac Stiller (Ex Father-in-Law) (Actor, Producer), Anne Meara (Ex Mother-in-Law) (Actress, Writer, Producer), Amy Stiller (Ex Sister-in-Law) (Actress, Writer)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Christine Taylor has dated –
- David Lascher (1989-1990) – Christine had met actor David Lascher on the sets of TV series Hey Dude (1989-1991). The two were co-stars in the show, which was Christine’s acting debut. Their dating stint ran in parallel with their time on the show and they parted ways after the filming for the show was over.
- Neil Patrick Harris (1997-1998) – Christine dated actor and comedian Neil Patrick Harris for less than 2 years in the late 90s. This was before Neil had come out as gay. He has even credited his relationship with Christine in helping him realize and come to terms with his sexual orientation.
- Ben Stiller (1999-2017) – Christine met actor/director Ben Stiller while they were at the sets of a never-broadcast TV pilot of a show called Heat Vision and Jack (1999), which Ben was directing. Stiller and Taylor appeared together in Zoolander, Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story, Tropic Thunder, Zoolander 2 and the television series Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm. They started dating and got engaged in December 1999. Soon after, they got married on May 13, 2000, in Kauai, Hawaii. They have 2 children together – a daughter named Ella Olivia Stiller (b. April 10, 2002) and a son named Quinlin Dempsey Stiller (b. July 10, 2005). After 17 years of marriage, Stiller and Taylor separated in 2017.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 35-25-36
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Christine is known for playing Marcia Brady in The Brady Bunch Movie (1995) and A Very Brady Sequel (1996), as well as roles in The Wedding Singer (1998), Zoolander (2001) and DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story (2004).
In 1993, Christine made her feature film debut as Melissa Smock in the comedy-drama film, Calendar Girl.
In 1989, she made her television show debut as Melody Hanson in Nickelodeon’s teen sitcom, Hey Dude.
Christine has appeared in television commercials for brands such as Burger King, National Dairy Board, Kodak, McDonald’s & Ragú. She has also served as the spokesperson for Nourish organic skincare products.
Christine Taylor Favorites
- Favorite Movie Genre – Horror
- Favorite Comedy Movies – Meatballs (1979), Revenge of the Nerds (1984)
- Favorite Sports – Tennis, Basketball
- Favorite Tennis Players – Chris Evert, John McEnroe, Boris Becker
- Favorite Pastime – Vacuuming
- Favorite Snack – Edamame
- Favorite Pets – Dogs
- Favorite Beauty Indulgence – Manicure, Pedicure
- Favorite Destination – Paris
- Favorite Food – Sea Food, Cheese
Christine Taylor Net worth
Christine Taylor has an estimated net worth of $10 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
She doesn’t have any official social media page.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Christine Taylor
- Christine continues to support the Civic Theatre in Allentown, where she got her first acting gig through various gala events.
- Christine’s uncanny resemblance to Maureen McCormick, the actress who had played Marcia Brady in the original TV series The Brady Bunch (1969–1974), helped her land the breakthrough role in The Brady Bunch Movie (1995).
- Her pronunciation of school as skule in the movies The Brady Bunch Movie (1995) and A Very Brady Sequel (1996) was her way of reimagining the character of Marcia Brady. Maureen had never used that style or accent.
- She had filmed 6 episodes as the main lead for the TV series Party Girl (1996). However, the show got canceled after the airing of just 4 episodes.
- She featured in a 1996 episode of MTV’s dance-themed TV show The Grind. She also featured in the music video of The Wiseguys’ 1998 song Start The Commotion.
- In 1993, Christine and a friend of hers were threatened at gunpoint in a car-parking lot in Los Angeles. Christine’s BMW car was stolen and never found again.
- In 2001, she starred alongside her then husband Ben Stiller in Zoolander.
- In 2010, Taylor guest starred in Hannah Montana Forever.
- In 2010, she also starred in the Hallmark Channel Christmas movie Farewell Mr. Kringle.
- In 2013, Taylor reprised her role as Sally Sitwell in two episodes of the revived Arrested Development.
- In 2014, her book Escape from the Green Mansion: Ordinary Church Women and Their Extraordinary Rescue of San Francisco’s Brothel Slaves was published.
- In 2017, Taylor guest starred on Elementary, playing villainess Gail Lundquist.