Bipasha Basu is an Indian film actress and model. Primarily known for her work in Hindi films, she has also appeared in Tamil, Telugu, Bengali and English films. Basu is the recipient of numerous accolades, including one Filmfare Award. Particularly known for her work in the thriller and horror film genres, she is frequently cited in the media as a sex symbol.
Basu achieved further success with starring roles in six of India’s annually top-grossing productions the comedies No Entry, Phir Hera Pheri and All the Best: Fun Begins, the action adventure Dhoom 2, the action thriller Race and the horror thriller Raaz 3D. Basu first leading role was in the blockbuster horror film Raaz which earned her a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress.
Bonny, Bips, Bippy, Bipsy, Bipz, Pasu Baby
Birthday / Date of Birth
Bipasha Basu was born on the 7th of January 1979, in New Delhi, Delhi, India.
She’s currently 41 years old.
Bipasha went to Apeejay High School in New Delhi. When she was 8, her family moved to Kolkata but she continued her study there at Bhavan’s Gangabux Kanoria Vidyamandir. Later, she took commerce at Bhawanipur Education Society College after 12th standard. When she was 17, she won various modeling contests and fled to New York to pursue her modeling career.
- Father – Hirak Basu
- Mother – Mamta Basu
- Siblings – Bidisha Basu (Sister), Bijoyeta Basu (Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bipasha Basu has dated –
- Dino Morea (1996-2002) – They were in a relationship from 1996. Together, their first film came in 2002, titled Raaz and soon she started filming for her next film with John Abraham titled Jism. This was the end of her bonding with Dino.
- John Abraham (2002–2011) – Bipasha started dating her co-star John during the filming of the 2003 film, Jism and they dated together until early 2011 when they officially broke off. They were a super couple according to Indian media.
- Sushant Maisa (2012-2015) – Bipasha dated Sushant Maisa from 2012 to 2015 and the couple was engaged during this time.
- Harman Baweja (2012-2014) – During Jackky Bhagnani‘s Christmas party 2013, actors Harman Baweja and Bipasha Basu entered the party hall together. They even came in the same car. They dated until December 2014.
- Karan Singh Grover (2015-Present) – After meeting actor Karan Singh Grover on the set of 2015 horror film Alone, the duo started dating each other. After dating for a year, they got married in April 2016.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 35-26-36
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Bipasha is known for her work in Hindi films, she has also appeared in Tamil, Telugu, Bengali and English films. She also got a Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut. Particularly known for her work in the thriller and horror film genres, she is frequently cited in the media as a sex symbol.
In 2001, Bipasha appeared in the Hindi thriller film, Ajnabee for her negative role as Soni / Neeta.
In 2004, Bipasha first appearance was in a talk show on television Koffee with Karan in episode #1.9 (Season 1 and Episode 9).
Bipasha has endorsed brands such as Alcome, Apparel, Clinic All Clear, Coca-Cola, Gili, Jump Mobile Games, Kinetic Flyte, Lakme, Levi’s, Pantaloons Fresh Fashion, Pantene, Popley Eternal, Reebok, Rocky’s Jeans, Samsung, Sugar Free Gold, Thumbs Up & Zapak Games.
Bipasha Basu Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Brad Pitt
- Favorite Actress – Priyanka Chopra
- Favorite Fashion Idol – Matthew Williamson
- Favorite Movies – The Godfather (1972), Indiana Jones (1981)
- Favorite TV Programs – Sex And The City (1998-2004)
- Favorite Author – Robin Cook, John Grisham
- Favorite Place – Paris
- Favorite Color – Pink
- Favorite Food – Biryani
Bipasha Basu Net worth
Bipasha Basu has an estimated net worth of $15 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bipasha Basu
- Bipasha was discovered by a model Mehr Jessia Rampal at a hotel in Kolkata.
- She is not a brand person, she even picks her clothes from roadside stores.
- She is a big fitness freak, she has also launched her own fitness DVDs.
- Due to her short and commanding personality, she was called Lady Goonda in high school.
- Bipasha won the Godrej Cinthol Supermodel Contest when she was 17.
- In 1996, Basu was spotted at a hotel in Kolkata by the model Mehr Jesia Rampal who suggested she take up modelling.
- Her first appearance on the magazine was back in 2000, on Elle on the cover of June 2000 Indian edition.
- In 2001, she then began receiving offers for film roles and made her acting debut with a negative role in the moderately successful thriller Ajnabee.
- In 2002, her first commercial success film Raaz in which she portrayed the role of Sanjana Dhanraj.
- In 2003, she subsequently received worldwide critical recognition and several awards for her portrayals of a seductress the erotic thriller Jism.
- In 2005, she appeared in the love triangle Barsaat alongside Bobby Deol and Priyanka Chopra.
- She was first offered a role in the movie Pink Panther 2 but she refused and it was later offered to another Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai.
- In 2008, she completed appearing during the song Phir Milenge Chalte Chalte in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.
- In 2015, Basu featured in Bhushan Patel’s romance horror film Alone opposite her future husband Karan Singh Grover.
- In 2019, Basu is committed to star opposite her husband Karan Singh Grover for the second time in horror film Aadat Diaries.