John Abraham is an Indian film actor, film producer and former model who appears in Hindi films. After modelling for numerous advertisements and companies, he made his film debut with Jism, which earned him a Filmfare Best Debut Award nomination. This was followed by his first commercial success, Dhoom. He received two Filmfare Award nominations for his negative roles in Dhoom and in Zinda. Abraham has starred in many critically and commercially successful films including Garam Masala, Taxi No. 9211, Dostana, New York, Force, Housefull 2, Race 2, Shootout at Wadala, Madras Cafe, Welcome Back, Dishoom, Satyameva Jayate thus establishing himself as a commercially successful actor of Hindi cinema.
Actor, Film Producer, Former Model
Birthday / Date of Birth
John Abraham was born on 17 December 1972, in Kochi, Kerala, India.
He’s currently 45 years old.
Ashiyana Estate, John Baptist Road, Bandra West, Mumbai
His mother is Parsi and father is Christian.
Abraham attended Bombay Scottish School in Mahim, Mumbai. Later, Jai Hind College, he received his bachelor’s degree in Economics. Later, he received MMS from Mumbai Educational Trust (MET).
- Father – Abraham John (Architect)
- Mother – Firoza Irani
- Siblings – Alan (Younger Brother), Susy Mathew (Cousin Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
John Abraham dated –
- Bipasha Basu (2002-2011) – Bipasha or more popularly known as Bips has a long dating relationship with John. They started dating in 2002 and continued it before calling it quits in 2011. During this 9-year long time, they were called Super Couple by the media. The couple has done many films together starting from Jism (2003).
- Priya Runchal (2011-Present) – NRI financial analyst and investment banker from USA native to McLeodganj, Priya Runchal started dating Abraham in 2011. They first met in Mumbai in December 2010. They married on 3 January 2014 and had a celebration in Los Angeles.
- In feet – 6 feet 0 inches
- In centimeters – 183 cm
- In meters – 1.83 m
- In Kilograms – 81 kg
- In Pounds – 179 lbs
- Measurements – 45-17-34
- Chest – 45 in or 114 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 17 in or 43 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
He wears a size 11 (US) shoe.
For his roles in films like Jism (2003) as Kabir Lal, Paap (2004) as Shiven, Dhoom (2004) as Kabir, Garam Masala (2005) as Sam, Dostana (2008) as Kunal, Desi Boyz (2011) as Hunter, Housefull 2 (2012) as Max.
John Abraham landed his debut role as Kabir Lal in the 2003 Indian erotic thriller film Jism alongside Bipasha Basu. In 2007, Abraham turned producer, co-producing romantic Bollywood film, Salaam-e-Ishq: A Tribute to Love, along with Mukesh Talreja and Sunil Manchanda.
He has not starred in any TV series or hosted any TV show, he has appeared in many promotional talk shows.
John has endorsed many brands and products throughout his life including his own fashion line Branded JA Clothes, Garnier Men, Yamaha, Haier, Reebok, Van Heusen, Grasim shoots, SKYBAGS Collection, Castrol Power1 Pack, Godrej Eon, Tour De India, PETA India Eat Eggs and Fish.
Awards & Nominations
|2013||Vicky Donor||National Film Award||National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment||Won|
|Madras Cafe||Asiavision Awards||Icon of the Year||Won|
|Vicky Donor||Filmfare Awards||Filmfare Award for Best Film||Nominated|
|2008||Dostana||Star Screen Awards||Star Screen Award Jodi No. 1||Won|
|2007||Baabul||Filmfare Awards||Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor||Nominated|
|Zinda||IIFA Awards||IIFA Best Villain Award|
|Zee Cine Awards||Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role|
|Baabul||Bollywood Movie Awards||Bollywood Movie Award – Best Supporting Actor|
|2006||Zinda||Filmfare Awards||Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Negative Role|
|Garam Masala||IIFA Awards||IIFA Best Supporting Actor Award|
|Zinda||Global Indian Film Awards||GIFA Best Villain|
|2005||Dhoom||Filmfare Awards||Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Negative Role|
|IIFA Awards||IIFA Best Villain Award||Won|
|Zee Cine Awards||Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role|
|Paap||Stardust Awards||Stardust Superstar of Tomorrow – Male|
|2004||Jism||Filmfare Awards||Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut||Nominated|
|Bollywood Movie Awards||Bollywood Movie Award – Best Male Debut||Won|
|IIFA Awards||IIFA Award for Star Debut of the Year – Male||Won|
John Abraham Favorites
- Favorite Actors – Sylvester Stallone
- Favorite Actress – Rani Mukherji
- Favorite Movies – Inception
- Favorite Sport – Football
- Favorite Colors – Black, White, Grey
- Favorite Restaurants – Royal China, Mia Cucina, Da Vinci, Thai Baan in Mumbai
- Favorite Food – Patra-ni-Macchi, Dal-Chawal, Kaju Katli, Prawn Patia
John Abraham Net worth
John Abraham has an estimated net worth of $30 million dollars as of 2019. He charges Rs 15 to 18 crores per film. He lives in a luxurious duplex in the posh area of Bandra in Mumbai which sprawls over an area of 5,100 sq ft. He has a large fleet of autos including Lamborghini Gallardo, Audi Q3, Audi Q7, Yamaha R1 bike, Yamaha VMAX and Suzuki Hayabusa.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – John Abraham
- Instagram – thejohnabraham
- Twitter – John Abraham
Some Lesser Known Facts About John Abraham
- His mother is Parsi and father is Malayali.
- His father is an architect from Aluva, Kerala who is a Marthomite Syrian Christian.
- He started his modeling career by first appearing in the Punjabi music video of the song Surma by Jazzy B.
- He did several modeling gigs and advertising campaigns before landing a breakthrough role in the 2003 film Jism.
- He was a fitness freak and also a huge fan of bikes. He bought his first bike when he was 18 years old.
- Abraham worked as a media planner for the company Enterprises-Nexus.
- In 1999, he won the Gladrags Manhunt Contest and went to the Philippines for Manhunt International, gaining visibility in the modeling world. He later modeled in Hong Kong, London and New York City.
- He appeared in various music videos for the singers like Pankaj Udhas, Babul Supriyo and Hans Raj Hans.
- In 2004, he appeared in Pooja Bhatt’s directorial debut film Paap alongside Udita Goswami.
- He then ventured onto acting and joined Kishore Namit kappor acting school in Mumbai to hone his acting skills.
- In 2005, he starred with Arjun Rampal in the action thriller Elaan, which failed at the box office.
- Madras Cafe and No Smoking are his favorite movies from the movies he had starred.
- He owns a Indian Super League (ISL) franchise NorthEast United Football Club.
- John is a pescetarian, one who does not eat meat but does eat fish.
- In April 2013, on behalf of PETA, Abraham wrote a letter to the Minister for Environment and Forests, Jayanthi Natarajan, asking that she make all circuses in India animal-free.
- Abraham is also the celebrity supporter of UNHCR India, and promotes the cause of refugees in India. According to his website, he donated 10 Lakh (about $ 15000) to the Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai.
- Visit her official website @ johnabraham.com.