August Diehl is a German actor, primarily known to international audiences for playing Gestapo major Dieter Hellstrom in Quentin Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds and Michael “Mike” Krause, Evelyn Salt’s husband, in the movie Salt. He is also known for his leading roles in the films The Counterfeiters, The Young Karl Marx and Terrence Malick’s A Hidden Life.
Birthday / Date of Birth
August Diehl was born on the 4th of January 1976, in West Berlin, Germany.
He’s currently 44 years old.
August attended Ernst Busch Academy of Dramatic Arts, Berlin, Germany. He studied acting at the renowned Hochschule für Schauspielkunst Ernst Busch in Berlin.
- Father – Hans Diehl (Actor)
- Mother – Unknown (Costume Designer)
- Siblings – Jakob Diehl (Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
August Diehl has dated –
- Julia Malik (1999–Present) – In 1999, August was married to actress, Julia Malik. He has two children with Malik: a daughter born in May 2009 and a son born in 2012.
- In feet – 5 feet 11 inches
- In centimeters – 180 cm
- In meters – 1.8 m
- In Kilograms – 71 kg
- In Pounds – 157 lbs
- Measurements – 38–12–32
- Chest – 38 in or 96.50 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 12 in or 30.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
August well known to international audiences for playing Gestapo major Dieter Hellstrom in Quentin Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds and Michael “Mike” Krause, Evelyn Salt’s husband, in the movie Salt.
In 1998, August made his acting debut with the drama thriller film, 23 in which she played the role of Karl Koch.
In 2016, August his first role in television by appearing as Dieter Koehler in the period drama miniseries, Close to the Enemy which was aired on BBC Two.
August Diehl Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Singer – Rihanna
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Chinese Food
August Diehl Net worth
August Diehl has an estimated net worth of $8 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
He doesn’t have any personal social media account.
Some Lesser Known Facts About August Diehl
- At the age of 18, August played Franz Mohr in a school theatre production of Die Räuber by Friedrich Schiller.
- In 2001, August played the role as Jeff in the crime drama film, Love the Hard Way directed by Peter Sehr.
- In 2007, August made his acting with the drama film, The Counterfeiters written and directed by Stefan Ruzowitzky.
- In 2010, he appeared in his acting role in the drama film, The Coming Days directed by Lars Kraume.
- In 2015, Diehl portrayed role of Hans in the war drama film, Come What May directed by Christian Carion.
- In 2018, he played the role as Moritz de Vries in the television series, Perfume which was aired on ZDFneo.
- In 2019, August made his acting with the drama film, The Last Vermeer in which he played the role of Alex De Klerks.