Shabir Ahluwalia is an Indian television actor and host. Shabir is majorly known for portraying the role of Abhishek Mehra in Kumkum Bhagya opposite Sriti Jha. He debuted with the show Hip Hip Hurray but gained recognition from the television show Kahiin to Hoga. He won the third season of Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi. Ahluwalia has hosted reality shows such as Nach Baliye, Guinness World Records – Ab India Todega and Dancing Queen.
Shabir Sebastian Ahluwalia
Birthday / Date of Birth
Shabir Ahluwalia was born on the 10th of August 1979, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
He’s currently 41 years old.
Shabir has done his schooling from St, Xavier’s School, Mumbai and after that he completed graduation from the University of Maryland, College Park (US).
- Father – Unknown (Army Officer)
- Mother – Unknown (Air Hostess)
- Siblings – Sameer Ahluwalia (Brother), Shefali Ahluwalia (Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shabir Ahluwalia has dated –
- Kanchi Kaul (2011-Present) – In 2011, Shabir is married to television actress Kanchi Kaul and together they have a first son named Azai Ahluwalia and second son named Ivarr Ahluwalia.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 77 kg
- In Pounds – 170 lbs
- Measurements – 42–14–34
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86.5 cm
His wears a size 10.5 (US) shoe.
Shabir became known for portraying the role of Abhishek Mehra in Kumkum Bhagya (2014-Present) opposite Sriti Jha. Ahluwalia won the third season of Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 3 (2010) and also contested in a reality show Dhammal Express (2009).
In 2007, Shabir made his first Bollywood debut with RC in Shootout at Lokhandwala which is directed by Apoorva Lakhia.
In 1999, Shabir made his career debut with the Hip Hip Hurray serial and at that time he was only 20 years old.
Web Series Debut
In 2019, Shabir made his debut action drama web series Fixerr by Sakett Saawhney and produced by Riti Sawnhney under her banner Ekomkar Pictures for ALT Balaji. It is also available on ZEE5.
Shabir Ahluwalia Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Salman Khan, Al Pacino
- Favorite Actress – Priyanka Chopra
- Favorite Singer – Samantha Fox
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Place – Dubai
- Favorite Food – Italian Food
Shabir Ahluwalia Net worth
Shabir Ahluwalia has an estimated net worth of $1.5 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shabir Ahluwalia
- Shabbir got fame with his role as Rishi Garewal in Stat Plus’s serial Kahiin Toh Hoga.
- He reduces his 12 kg of weight for the tv show Kumkum Bhagya for the perfect role.
- His wife Kanchi is a scuba diving expert.
- He is quite popular for his negative roles.
- He owns her own production company called Flying Turtles.
- In 2004, Shabbir has won Indian Telly Award for “Best Actor in Negative Role”.
- In 2007, Ahluwalia was nominated in three Indian Telly Awards categories for Best Actor in Supporting Role, Best Lead Actor & Best Anchor.
- In 2008, Shabir played an important role of Khalil Nazir in movie Mission Istanbul.
- He was the host of the popular dance show Nach Baliye for season 1 & 2.
- In 2010, Ahluwalia participated in the popular reality show Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khalidhi 3 and comes out from the show as Winner.
- Shabir has hosted the show Dancing Queen & Meethi Choori No 1.
- Shabbir has participated in all seasons of Celebrity Cricket League from season 1 to 4.