Richard Rankin is a Scottish film, television and theatre actor. He is best known for the Scottish sketch show Burnistoun and as Roger Mackenzie Wakefield in the Starz drama Outlander. In 2019, Rankin appeared as Jack in BBC Radio Scotland’s four-part comedy Saddled, which revolved around the adventures of The Easy Rider Cycling Club’s members.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Richard Rankin was born on the 4th of January 1983, in Glasgow, Scotland.
He’s currently 37 years old.
Rankin attended Stonelaw High School in Rutherglen and joined the Glasgow Caledonian University where he took an IT major. Later, he got enrolled at the Langside College and studied acting.
- Father – His father was a police officer.
- Mother – His mother worked in the hotel industry.
- Siblings – Colin Harris (Brother) (Actor). He has 2 more brothers.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Richard Rankin has dated –
- Cara Theobold (2016) – In 2016, Richard was often linked with actress Cara Theobold. It was reported that their romance had blossomed on the sets of the TV show, The Syndicate.
- Sophie Skelton (2016-2017) – Towards the end of 2016 and in the early months of 2017, Richard Rankin was rumored to be dating actress Sophie Skelton. It was claimed that they had grown close while working on the TV show, Outlander.
- In feet – 6 feet 0 inches
- In centimeters – 183 cm
- In meters – 1.83 m
- In Kilograms – 76 kg
- In Pounds – 168 lbs
- Measurements – 38–12–32
- Chest – 38 in or 96.50 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 12 in or 30.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Richard became known for the Scottish sketch show Burnistoun (2009-2012) and as Roger Mackenzie Wakefield in the Starz drama Outlander (2016–Present).
In 2014, Richard landed his first acting role in a low-profile horror movie, The House of Him playing the titular role. However, the movie was very low key and was made on a budget of approximately £900.
In 2006, Richard started his television career with the Scottish video game show videoGaiden starring alongside Robert Florence.
Richard Rankin Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Chris Hemsworth, Johnny Depp
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Singer – Rihanna, Mariah Carey
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Fast Food, Pizza
Richard Rankin Net worth
Richard Rankin has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Richard Rankin
- Richard changed his name to Rankin, his mother’s maiden name, to avoid any confusion with the famous Irish actor of the same name.
- When he was about 14 or 15 years old, he dreamed of forming his own boy band. He used to play drums and guitars and used to do a bit of singing as well.
- In 2011, he appeared in Carter Ferguson’s short Dead Ringer, which was written and filmed within a time frame of forty-eight hours.
- In 2012, Richard performed as Evan Bold in a stage production of Good With People opposite Blythe Duff at Traverse Theatre.
- In 2017, Rankin won the Satellite Awards in the category Best Ensemble for Outlander.
- In 2019, Richard played the role of Jack in BBC Radio Scotland’s four-part comedy Saddled, which revolved around the adventures of The Easy Rider Cycling Club’s members.
- In 2019, Rankin starred in series two of BBC One’s drama Trust Me as neurologist Dr. Alex Kiernan.
- In March 2019, Richard hosted a one-night solo photography exhibition, entitled His Mind’s Eye at the Littlefield Gallery NYC in Brooklyn, New York.